Wine

MickeysMommy

DIS Veteran
Got a favorite? Red or white?

I generally prefer red, Cabernet mostly, but like a good Chardonnay if I can find one.

Any that you love that aren't too expensive?

:)

Sent from my Incredible using DISBoards

I prefer white wine. My favs : Chardonnay - chateau St Michelle, JLohr
Pinot Grigio - Ecco Domani

I love all wines...red and white...had a blast at the F & W festival last month!!!

We really like Fetzer wines, and they are quite inexpensive and readily available around here at Target and a lot of the grocery stores. Plus the company has a focus on environmental sustainability http://www.fetzer.com/Our-Wines .

I like their Pinot Grigio for white, and Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot for red.

Live just up the highway from Lodi, 60+ wineries. Best advice, drink what you enjoy, and understand there are a ton of wonderful wines for under $10 a bottle.

I love the Barefoot Reisling. It is super cheap and easy to drink! Actually I love any Reisling, and this is just the one I like to buy.

We have a local winery in town, and we enjoy many of theirs.

I like a sweeter wine better than dry. Love their Pink Diamonds, Splash (blackberry) and Autumn Emeralds (apple).

You can also make your own wine there, and we've been thinking about doing that. You end up with about a dozen bottles.

I buy all of my wines from local wineries...usually AT the local wineries, unless I'm in a pinch. OP...you're in upstate New York? You would know ALL about local wineries right? ;) One of my favorites comes from the Finger Lakes - Hazlitt Red Cat (or White Cat). I serve it when I have friends over and they go crazy for it.

My other local favorite (for anyone who cares) is Franklin Hills Sir Walter Red or Fainting Goat, from the Lehigh Valley, PA.

My favorites are fruit wines from Door County ~ either Door Peninsula Winery or Orchard Country Winery.

Since they're local, I won't bother listing our favorites. :p

I like red and white. Preferred pinot grigio for a while but DH prefers red wine so we drink that most...merlot (Franzia in a box).

I'm 20 minutes from Napa, there are a lot of really good wines out here. I prefer white and sweet, Moscato, Reisling, etc, but I also like a good Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc sometimes. There is a winery that has a really "CA White Blend" as well, little dry, little sweet, all around good wine for many different dishes. :) For reds I'm a lot more picky, I prefer sweeter wines so I love me some good Barefoot Sweet Red, goes with anything really and is great chilled. I also like Merlot but I'm picky about my reds and don't like anything that is too dry, I really enjoy the Sutter Home Wines, I'm a wine club member and really haven't found a wine I didn't like from them. I'm not a wine snob, I will drink anything from White Zin to a good Cabernet but I do like wine and I try not to spend over $25 a bottle, ever. There are a few wineries that have wines I love that are about $22 a bottle and I buy a few for the year for special occasions but mostly I buy wines that are $10 a bottle or less. :) Here are a few of my favorite wineries~

Sutter Home
V Sattui
Castello di Amorosa
Hegafen
Domaine Chandon and Domaine Carneros (both sparkling)
Chateau Ste Michelle
Barefoot
Charles Shaw ($2 buck Chuck is actually really really good!)
Chateau St Jean
Beringer

As far as favorites go...

Red: Cabernet Sauvignon
White: Chardonnay

I like Yellow Tail and Barefoot, Sutter Home is drinkable.

OK, So I keep Franzia on hand for mundane occasions. :thumbsup2

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'm going to check them out!

Sent from my Incredible using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter