Wine in carry-on bag?

wdwnut2

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone-

I'm wondering if it is ok to have a bottle of wine in my carry-on bag?(no corkscrew obviously). I really don't want to put in my suitcase, I just know it will break!

If not, is there wine available at the resort gift shops? I am just much too cheap to pay room service prices on wine! LOL!

Ahh...imagining myself having sitting on my balcony at AKL watching the animals and sipping wine in...27 days!!! Whoo Hoo!!:bounce:

You can certainly carry on a bottle of unopened wine, no problem. And the resort will provide a corkscrew, just call housekeeping.

All of the WDW resort gift shops carry a small selections of wine as well.

Anne

No problem carrying on the wine, and, you can even carry on the corkscrew, no manicure scissors, but a corkscrew is fine, go figure.

Gail--you're kidding, right?

Since September 11 I've just assumed a corkscrew was a no-no. Did I assume wrong on that one? Very, very weird.

Anne

Originally posted by ducklite
Gail--you're kidding, right?

Since September 11 I've just assumed a corkscrew was a no-no. Did I assume wrong on that one? Very, very weird.

Anne

Oh, no, I am not kidding. I was amazed by this. The TSA lists this as an ok item.

Thanks for the responses! That is insane that a corkscrew is ok to carry on a plane!:eek:

WDWnut2 - I am also a wine drinker, and can't wait to try all the fabulous South African wine available at AKL. You must be able to buy this wine in the big resort shop at AKL. Right? As you said, it will probably be more expensive, but not as much as room service, I would think.

Originally posted by Harambe
WDWnut2 - I am also a wine drinker, and can't wait to try all the fabulous South African wine available at AKL. You must be able to buy this wine in the big resort shop at AKL. Right? As you said, it will probably be more expensive, but not as much as room service, I would think.

You can also purchase the African wine at AK at the Harambe village gift shop.

OOOOO! Thanks, Gail. Never thought of that - I love shopping here (hence my name!) and forgot about seeing the wine here.

Ohhh- I never thought about African wine at the gift shop. Maybe I won't bring a bottle after all! I was just worried that we'd get there and all they sold was White Zin or something that I don't like (no offense to White Zin drinkers!).

Originally posted by wdwnut2
Ohhh- I never thought about African wine at the gift shop. Maybe I won't bring a bottle after all! I was just worried that we'd get there and all they sold was White Zin or something that I don't like (no offense to White Zin drinkers!).

They sell some very nice wine in the gift shop and thank goodness it is not all white zin ( I personally hate that stuff).
They also sell great wine in the liquor stores at Walmart and most grocery stores around the Disney Area. I never bring my own with me, I do, however, bring it home. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter