Wine glass, take me away...

jekjones1558

Always happy at Disney
I know that some of you will understand...
While at VWL this past January I went to DTD and bought 2 Mickey wine glasses at the "Disney at Home" store. I can't believe how much I love them. When I get home after a long day (I teach in an inner city public school), I take out my Mickey glass and enjoy. I know it seems foolish, but I am immediately transported to the fantasy life feeling that is DVC and WDW - even if I only have water in the glass (wine is better, I admit). Do you have a "Transport me to my DVC home" routine?

Foolish?? No way! I also have one of those Mickey wine glasses and feel very close to WDW (VWL) when I have a sip of wine from it :wave:

I loved that story so much!! My Mickey waffle maker does that for me. I wake up on Sunday morning and make Mickey waffles for everyone...reminds me of VWL (I would make them there also). My DD's(and DH) purchased it for me while we staying at the VWL over Mother's Day. Ah....the memories!!!

I can relate. We have a few coffee mugs from various Disney movies; Bambi, Roger Rabbit, Dumbo, Little Mermaid, etc. and most mornings I pick one of those mugs to have my coffee in. We purchased these during various trips to Disney over the years. It helps me to start my day, thinking about WDW so I def. know what you mean.:D

Wine glasses, what a great idea!:goodvibes
I think I'11 pick some up this July on our trip. I love wine and it sounds like a great way to remember WDW::yes::

When I'm cooking dinner, after a long stressful day (but too soon to come here to escape -- too many hungry mouths to feed!) I put my Disney music CDs in the CD/Stereo. When it gets to the Tiki room, I dance....even if my family thinks I'm nuts!

DH and I have many, many ways...On Sunday mornings we use Mickey and Minnie coffee mugs, we also have Goofy and Donald plus the 4 matching dessert plates and creamer and sugar bowl for very special guests who understand us! We have a few CDs that we bought of the park music for different fireworks and parades...And when we have a longer drive we "sing" along with Fantasmic! We really can see it in our minds, but the image is fading so it's time for a refresher!!

::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

We received a basket with a couple of those wine glasses when we went on our kidless anniversary trip to BCVs two years ago. Those glasses bring back some of my favorite WDW memories. puckerup:

There some of the best little souveniers we have of WDW... ;)

Ahhh yes..... the wine glasses.....
However, I have worked my way up to chugging right out of the bottle. :teeth:

MG

Yep, I have service for 8 of the wine glasses and also many, many other Disney related things. I have A LOT of Disney stuff, believe me!! From the various Disney antenna toppers, to the Disney CDs and Steamboat Willie beanie baby in my car to my completely Disney themed office, to my very Disney decorated house, to my complete casual and night wear Disney themed wardrobes, etc! I am always around something Disney and I could not be happier!!!!!
Something Diseny related never fails to bring a smile to my face on a sometimes very hectic day.....Hey, it works for me!!
I even have Mickey Mouse checks, a MM wallet, a MM cell phone case, Disney tunes set for my cell phone tones, Disney wallpaper on all computers and cell phones, etc., etc.!!
Yep, I admit it, I am seriously Disney obessed! Wine glasses, please!......They are only the beginning....just wait! LOL!!!:)
::MickeyMo

Putting the park CDs while I'm at the computer has been a long time way to destress for me. Recently we redid our bedroom with white woodwork and pastel paints. I told my DH recently I woke up one morning and thought I was at the BWV. I am also in the midst of redoing one of our bathrooms and it is being done around two of the small paintings of the BWV that I purchased last year. I just ordered my Mickey Mouse bathroom faucets with Mickey's shadow and am doing some Mickey silhouttes, as well on the walls. Funny how the whole thing was inspired by our love of the BWV.

We have that Waffle maker. It is nearly wore out. We also have the sandwich maker. It works great.

Wine glasses may be my next investment. I teach school too.

Tigger

First 3 steps in this 12 step DVC addiction program:

1) Admit that DVC controls every aspect of your life and that you are powerless in your efforts to control it.

2) Slam back another glass of wine.

3) Repeat steps 1 & 2 six times!! :wave2:

Bob (The short-timer)

Your countdown clock tells me that you're about to be flying high soon. Enjoy your fix!

We have a few things we do- especially when we are counting down to our next trip:

Play the DVC video and WDW Planning Video and DCL Planning video over and over. My husband thinks it's great to watch them all EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. :crazy:

We use our refillable mugs from years past- Dixie Landings, Port Orleans, Old Key West, Beach Club, Vero Beach, etc. I love them except they don't fit into my car cup holder so I am forced to hold it in my lap when I drive.

Play all the Disney's Greatest Hits CD's in the car over and over. I know every word to every song. I even bought the Disney Princess Karaoke CD for DD's karaokoe machine to sing along at home sometimes. (My DD 11 dies of embarrassment every time I sing along and hides the CD regularly)

I am going to have to get those wine glasses, tho, cuz I love wine!!!:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy::earseek: :earseek: :earseek: :earseek: :earsboy:

Yep, those refillable mugs get a lot of use at our house, especially if a family member has a cold and keeps water nearby. Every time a mug is used it brings back a pleasant memory and shortens the duration of the cold. Oh yeah, Dr. Mom says so!

Thanks jekjones1558!!!::yes:: ::yes::

We're all about to burst around here.......the weather for next week looks ideal!!!:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter