• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wine & Dine Half 2016

paws93

Earning My Ears
After reading about the wine and dine running events, we're considering going next year, probably the Thursday before and staying the next week, leaving the following Saturday. Has anyone gone during wine & dine when veteran's day is on a Friday the next week? I'm wondering if the week after the half marathon will be busy since the next weekend is a long weekend for a lot of people who get veteran's day off. Any thoughts about how that will impact crowd levels?

It looks like the New Jersey teachers convention will be November 10th and 11th next year. All New Jersey schools will be closed on that Thursday/Friday so families can take a long weekend or only miss 3 days to go for an entire week. That along with Veterans day may add to the crowds, but I doubt it will increase the crowds dramatically.

I will say that the Wine and Dine half is my favorite half marathon. My wife and I have run each of the first 6 years of the race. You can't beat the after party. I think the value is much better when you compare it to any other Run Disney race. You get the after party with the park open until 4 am included with the race registration.

This was my first time doing the W&D half since I always did the ToT 10 miler instead and that race has gone on hiatus for construction.I'm going to have to do it again next year since I didn't get the whole race due to the lightning delay this year.As far as courses W&D obviously has the best half course since it hits 3 parks,unfortunately no more Osborne lights in DHS starting next year,serious bummer!!But compared to the half in January which is an out and back from Epcot to MK this is the better course and the park being open until 4am is a major plus.The ToT 10 miler also had DHS open until 3-4am but for whatever reason Epcot works better with the Food and Wine festival,for ToT it just seemed runners were wiped out from the early Oct heat so it was ride ToT once and leave.As far as my favorite course nothing beats the full marathon,running through every park,WWoS and the Boardwalk makes a full marathon feel easier than most half's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter