Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend (Oct. 31-Nov. 3, 2024)

Guess who’s already stressing about registration? And trying to come up with a plan for multiple registrations? Open to ideas for *how* everyone would go about registering:
3x 5k (my son, husband, and I)
myself for the challenge
my husband for either the challenge or 1 race

I’m trying to figure out priorities. My husband and I will both be on our computers for registration.
I’m thinking if we both get in at similar times, I’ll ask him to register us for the 5k while I do my challenge, and then whoever finishes first registers him for whatever he picks, since he’s not as particular.
I'm in largely the same boat. DW and a friend decided it would be fun to run this together. I'm going to need 2 x 5k and 1 x challenge. I'm not sure the challenge is a great idea, as this falls 3 weeks after my 24 hour race, but if I'm going to make the trip, I might as well...

The decision has been made in our house! We are sitting this one out. Happy to miss registration day stress. I will be cheering you all on though.

Focusing on MW and getting that B corral POT!

Glad to read I can pre-order merch a little later. I'm already going to be scraping pennies to get the registration fees.

I want to do the challenge and the 5k. Should I register for the challenge first or 5k first? I haven't done a registration since the ToT 10k (RIP) and it definitely wasn't as stressful as this is.

Glad to read I can pre-order merch a little later. I'm already going to be scraping pennies to get the registration fees.

I want to do the challenge and the 5k. Should I register for the challenge first or 5k first? I haven't done a registration since the ToT 10k (RIP) and it definitely wasn't as stressful as this is.

Challenge first then 5k IMHO. Good luck!

W&D sellout order has really varied recently: https://www.disboards.com/threads/historical-race-weekend-sell-out-timing.3844193/

But given the amount of excitement about the Swedish Chef, my guess would be that the 5K would sell out first. It's up to you, though, which one you're most set on, or if you want to try to do both in one transaction.

W&D sellout order has really varied recently: https://www.disboards.com/threads/historical-race-weekend-sell-out-timing.3844193/

But given the amount of excitement about the Swedish Chef, my guess would be that the 5K would sell out first. It's up to you, though, which one you're most set on, or if you want to try to do both in one transaction.
That's what I was going to say. Swedish Chef is garnering a lot of excitement. I wouldn't be surprised if the 5K goes first.

That's what I was going to say. Swedish Chef is garnering a lot of excitement. I wouldn't be surprised if the 5K goes first.
Normally I do the 10k then 5k this year I’m hoping to just get 10k registration day and am refreshing a charities page waiting to see if W&D pops up (right now it just shows princess, springtime & halloween)

Good luck for sign up tomorrow. I am treating this as "Schroedinger's race"....currently, I am both signing up for the 5k and NOT signing up for the 5k. Cause it's not about the race; it's about the money spent outside the race and whether I can justify it to myself, let alone my DH.

not me already checking the website 😂
but fr I almost had a heart attack this morning thinking I had the wrong date or something!

Good luck tomorrow to everyone registering! I'm going to be a last minute decision as my plans to be in FL in November may have shifted and not sure if I can justify 3 trips in 3 months.

Quick reminder before the chaos begins: if possible please share queue IDs via private message instead of posting here! If you post here several people might try to use it but only one person can get through.
This! When people drop them on here, numerous people click on them and whomever clicks it first will get to use it, but everyone else won't know that it won't work until the queue time ends and you get an error.
not me already checking the website 😂
but fr I almost had a heart attack this morning thinking I had the wrong date or something!
I set a reminder for 10:00 AM EST today to remind me for tomorrow and I got it as I was commuting into work and had a mini panic attack for a second thinking I had the day wrong. 🤣

This! When people drop them on here, numerous people click on them and whomever clicks it first will get to use it, but everyone else won't know that it won't work until the queue time ends and you get an error.
I had this happen multiple times with last years Wine & Dine all our windows between myself & my sister ranged from 45 mins to over an hour and I kept clicking links from here and getting errors until finally someone DMed me…
Got us both in for the 10k by the skin of our teeth

Plan is to have a regular & incognito window on both my computer & tablet and leave my phone to refresh here to pick up a better time via DM if needed (I will pay forward)

I will not be registering (doing princess instead) but I am helping a friend register so I will be sure to DM any extra links I have! Knock on wood but the last couple registrations I've had a window that got me in within the first couple minutes and then had extras to spare. Hopefully that happens again!

I'm not registering for myself, but my parents want to do the 5k. I was going to try to help them register, but now they are both going to be at an appointment and the responsibility is all falling on me. :scared:

I was originally just going for the challenge until I told DH about signing up for the race this past weekend. He heard the 5k theme and now I guess I'm going for 2 5k spots as well. So nervous!! I brought my personal laptop to work so I can open browsers on both computers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter