Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend (Oct. 31-Nov. 3, 2024)

I intended to skip this race weekend, especially since the themes the last few years have not been to my liking. But Swedish Chef! And Chef Mickey returns!! Finally! 🥳

As a muppets / Swedish chef fan, and as a person of very Swedish heritage, this 5k is calling me. And then may as well stick around for the Chef Mickey challenge. Oh boy.

The timing of this race weekend is horrible, but I am strongly considering it!!

I'm so excited! I love the themes! We prefer having a full park day instead of the 5K, so you're welcome to everyone wanting in for the 5K! ;) Seriously, it is tempting. If we had more time it would be a different story. (I'm a teacher so four days off is already a lot, but fortunately, my admin is very understanding and supportive.) We're already talking costumes!

As for the party, historically, I have loved it. I love character meets, however, I have noticed that they are becoming more mundane characters vs. the rare ones I'm willing to stand in line for after 19.3 miles. The lines for food are always long since it's a weekend night and the influx of racers & after-party ticket holders. I think we need to reevaluate our strategy for this year, but I'm still looking forward to it and thankful for the "free" ticket.

I'm hoping to make this my first rundisney weekend since I did Goofy back in 2013 (different times man, I signed up MONTHS after registration opened). Due to the race dates and with young kiddos loving halloween I would only be doing the challenge (hopefully). Anyone know if this race has virtual option for 5k? It appears that they had one last year, but is that standard?

I'm hoping to make this my first rundisney weekend since I did Goofy back in 2013 (different times man, I signed up MONTHS after registration opened). Due to the race dates and with young kiddos loving halloween I would only be doing the challenge (hopefully). Anyone know if this race has virtual option for 5k? It appears that they had one last year, but is that standard?
Sadly, rD confirmed recently they are no longer offering a virtual option for in-person races. The only virtuals going forward are the summer series and the Christmas series they launched this past year.

Sadly, rD confirmed recently they are no longer offering a virtual option for in-person races. The only virtuals going forward are the summer series and the Christmas series they launched this past year.
Sad, I wanted that swedish chef medal haha.

Talking about registration madnesss.... a couple of friends -first timers are going to join the 5K and 10k...

If one gets an early queue she can register herself fully (meaning until payment goes through)... the Queue ID remains active for some mins after so that the other one can use it?

or does the queue closes with the registration confirmed?

is it better to do first the 5k? (fully 'til payment) and then go back for the 10k? or adding it in the same transaction?

thanks!
You can go in and register again, but the link can no longer be shared, so she’d need to register for you as well.

Two weeks until registration! I'm already nervous after reading all the boards on here of other registrations! I was looking at the historical sellout times post and it's crazy how fast it sells out. How many browsers do you vets open to try to get a good queue slot?

Two weeks until registration! I'm already nervous after reading all the boards on here of other registrations! I was looking at the historical sellout times post and it's crazy how fast it sells out. How many browsers do you vets open to try to get a good queue slot?
I typically have multiple browsers on 3-4 devices. I also turn off wifi on my phone to make sure I have at least 1 device on a different IP. And even with all that I ended up registering with a link shared on these boards last year. For some strange reason, W&D was when I had my worst luck with wait times. I've been luckier at MW.

I just realized that I am going to be in the air for registration, flying from LHR home. UGH!!! I'm only hoping for the half, so I guess I'll cross my fingers I can get in on the wifi from the plane, but I will be limited to one device and air wifi issues. Sigh. I guess there is always charity bibs, but this was going to be a last minute on the cheap trip. Trying to be zen ...

hi... do you know how many participants can be added in the same registration queue?
thanks..

hi... do you know how many participants can be added in the same registration queue?
thanks..
Theoretically as many as you want. However, the more you try to add at one time, the longer it takes, increasing your chances of the race selling out while you're trying to enter everyone's info.

I just realized that I am going to be in the air for registration, flying from LHR home. UGH!!! I'm only hoping for the half, so I guess I'll cross my fingers I can get in on the wifi from the plane, but I will be limited to one device and air wifi issues. Sigh. I guess there is always charity bibs, but this was going to be a last minute on the cheap trip. Trying to be zen ...
You can still try multiple browsers plus some private browsing windows. This is going to be my strategy for MW registration as I'll be in the same boat (or plane). Even if you don't get in, don't give up - I missed DL registration completely because wifi was down on my flight but I managed to get registered for the half a few weeks later when it briefly reopened.

Theoretically as many as you want. However, the more you try to add at one time, the longer it takes, increasing your chances of the race selling out while you're trying to enter everyone's info.
Brings up an interesting issue. I’m signing up me, my wife, and my daughter. As you go Through the registration can you add participant? Or is it better to do one at a time. All doing the half (which shouldn’t go the quickest based on past experience)

Brings up an interesting issue. I’m signing up me, my wife, and my daughter. As you go Through the registration can you add participant? Or is it better to do one at a time. All doing the half (which shouldn’t go the quickest based on past experience)
You can fill out one registration, and then add another person, fill that one out, then fill out the next one, etc etc.

As far as whether to do it together or separate, it depends on how much it matters that all of you run. If you feel “all of us run or it will ruin the experience” then try to register all 3 together in one transaction and take the chance that all of you will miss out. If running is more important to one of you than the others, pay for that registration first to lock it in, then go register the people who don’t care as much if they get in. You won’t need to go through the queue again for subsequent registrations.

As others said, the more the better, one other note - randomize the times you open each queue, I used to use 5-6 devices with a queue signed in the moment it was allowed and add one every few minutes until after the official time. Oddly enough my best luck was with the later windows. Also use different browsers, Safari both standard and private tabs, and Firefox. Never noticed issues with any but some have had glitches in the checkout. In particular make sure that a shirt size is selected, any size. Any info that is wrong can be changed after, but missing info can send you back to the start.

As others said, the more the better, one other note - randomize the times you open each queue, I used to use 5-6 devices with a queue signed in the moment it was allowed and add one every few minutes until after the official time. Oddly enough my best luck was with the later windows. Also use different browsers, Safari both standard and private tabs, and Firefox. Never noticed issues with any but some have had glitches in the checkout. In particular make sure that a shirt size is selected, any size. Any info that is wrong can be changed after, but missing info can send you back to the start.
Thanks for the tips! I never thought to randomize the times I open each queue and had never heard of a private tab until these threads!

Our homeschool groups Disney meet-up is the week leading up to race weekend. Wine and Dine has been a bucket list race for years, we've just never been there at the same time (we missed last year by 9 days). Hubby agreed to the extra few days so I guess I'm joining the registration madness!

This will be my first Run Disney race and my first half marathon and I think I'm going to be insane and go for the challenge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter