Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2023 (Nov. 2-5, 2023)

Does it show when you crossed the start mat at least? Or *any* of the mats?

BOOO! Old system was definitely better!

It's also nice to be able to track certain pacers (in lieu of the balloon ladies) to have a vague idea of where the sweep line is and how much you can slow down later in the race if needed.
Yes my results show start time and splits
but I’m thinking they should rename it runner results, not a whole lot of tracking going on😂

Does anyone have a 5k medal replica pin they’re willing to part with? I sadly lost my Alice nuimo & 5k pin in EPCOT yesterday and am trying to collect them all for my perfect season.

@1lilspark DH and I were also on POP’s first bus for 5k, and on the second for the 10k. Just don’t know who you are! Older couple with Atlanta Track Club throwaways. If you spot us tomorrow, give a shoutout!

Newbie here as this was our first 10K and our 2nd RunDisney event overall but the first 3 miles were terrible today and just boring. I wish Disney would provide a course map BEFORE signing up to let you know you will be just running on the highway for a 5K before you even enter a Disney park... so frustrating.

Just curious with the new costume rules, did any of you guys see anyone actively checking costumes and did you guys know of anyone whose costume got pulled?
I had a “table” prop yesterday that was fine. We had emailed our original iteration which was a rectangle and they said it wouldn’t be allowed, so we turned it into a circle (no sharp edges). I did however see a few other similar ideas on the course that were rectangles.

IMG_2982.jpeg
Today I ran with a flag which was also fine.
7BA2FD92-6909-43D5-9B02-FE0234DCC4F6.jpeg

@1lilspark DH and I were also on POP’s first bus for 5k, and on the second for the 10k. Just don’t know who you are! Older couple with Atlanta Track Club throwaways. If you spot us tomorrow, give a shoutout!
Just doing 5k and 10k
I was solo yesterday as Queen of hearts
Today I was village Belle and my sister was Jack skellington (with zero popcorn bucket)
They didn’t bother a single soul.
They were in front of us on course early on
Hurricane Hanna’s meetup is happening now! Come on by and say hello.
In Oga’s there was a storm trooper raid it was awesome

I definitely forgot that they stopped providing powerade during the 10k. I always bring an electrolyte drink on any runs longer than 5 miles, and water just wasn't cutting it this morning. Hopefully I'll remember for next year.

I definitely forgot that they stopped providing powerade during the 10k. I always bring an electrolyte drink on any runs longer than 5 miles, and water just wasn't cutting it this morning. Hopefully I'll remember for next year.
I’ve been doing W&D 10k since the inaugural I don’t remember them ever having any and I remember Riley & Tracy either at last years 10k or the springtime 10k saying to take the powerade and people were upset it was just water

I was quite surprised when I did the MW 2022 10k and no Gatorade. I bring extra salt chews with me to make up for that.

Characters
Gaston
Chef Donald & daisy
Pinocchio & jiminy
Beast
BBQ apron Chip & Dale
Robin Hood & little john
BatB dancers (non photopass)
Jose & panchito
Wilber Robinson (alternates with Lewis)
The Prince & dopey (Snow White alternates)
Phineas & Ferb (alternating with Perry)
What are the BatB dancers?

Half characters:
3 good fairies
Aladdin and Abu
Hook and smee
Riviera (?) Goofy, Daisy and Donald at America
Fallpluto, Chip and Dale at France
Timon and Rafiki
Duffy
Thumper and female bunny
Mary Poppins penguins
Tie fighter
Woody and Bo Peep
Mickey and Minnie in front of the Chinese theater
Tower of Terror
Friends from Winnie the Pooh
Clarabelle and horace by blizzard beach
Nick and Judy Hops
Jack and Sally
Oogie Boogie
Up guy and Doug
Haunted Mansion Ghosts
Figment (selfies only)
Gamora and Starlord
Miguel

Last edited:
My favorite sign was as you enter Epcot just after mile 11. “Due to inflation the race is
now 14.7 miles.” Great race. Weather was perfect (although a little humid), and I think the loop around Blizzard Beach/Coronado made the course much better from last year.

Half characters:
3 good fairies
Aladdin and Abu
Hook and smee
Riviera (?) Goofy, Daisy and Donald at America
Fallpluto, Chip and Dale at France
Timon and Rafiki
Duffy
Thumper and female bunny
Mary Poppins penguins
Tie fighter
Woody and Bo Peep
Mickey and Minnie in front of the Chinese theater
Tower of Terror
Friends from Winnie the Pooh
Clarabelle and horace by blizzard beach
Nick and Judy Hops
Jack and Sally
Oogie Boogie
Up guy and Doug
Starlord and Gamorah were hidden to the left of the course by their ride.

My favorite sign was as you enter Epcot just after mile 11. “Due to inflation the race is
now 14.7 miles.” Great race. Weather was perfect (although a little humid), and I think the loop around Blizzard Beach/Coronado made the course much better from last year.
Definitely better than last year if for no other reason than the start corrals.

6.5 to 9.5 was a slog, as we knew it would be.

Was happy to have an open bus waiting for me when I got back. Time for Mickey waffles, a shower and back out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter