Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2023 (Nov. 2-5, 2023)

Maybe it’s just because this is my first non-MW race but surprised at the lack pf traffic into Epcot this morning.

Hopefully everyone got here with no bus drama
Was first bus from pop got here before security
Start line is the same just Encanto & wonderland duos alternating like at expo instead of together
only bus drama was we filled up the bus at Wilderness Lodge. I hate it for the people at the Contemporary. They must wait forever.

Characters
Gaston
Chef Donald & daisy
Pinocchio & jiminy
Beast
BBQ apron Chip & Dale
Robin Hood & little john
BatB dancers (non photopass)
Jose & panchito
Wilber Robinson (alternates with Lewis)
The Prince & dopey (Snow White alternates)
Phineas & Ferb (alternating with Perry)

only bus drama was we filled up the bus at Wilderness Lodge. I hate it for the people at the Contemporary. They must wait forever.
I’m hoping they learned from MW this year. The first few buses that showed up for the 5k were full, so we had to wait forever. Thankfully it seems like they figured it out for the 10k.

I can’t seem to remember how to get my tracking link for HM tomorrow. Can anyone help?
are you wanting to follow someone else, or get text notifications while you are running?

here is the link: https://track.rtrt.me/e/WDW-WD-2023...zlXZvWyPyHxEcusCHHcKGgP8kFzFTnyxtw8w#/trackerrunner tracking text alerts.png

these are the "email" addresses to use if you want to receive text alerts (although you obviously need to not include the period after the com or net)

I've also seen reports on social media that it's not giving a course map with approximate locations based on overall average pace, which is different than previous years. YMMV.

Characters
Gaston
Chef Donald & daisy
Pinocchio & jiminy
Beast
BBQ apron Chip & Dale
Robin Hood & little john
BatB dancers (non photopass)
Jose & panchito
Wilber Robinson (alternates with Lewis)
The Prince & dopey (Snow White alternates)
Phineas & Ferb (alternating with Perry)

Snow White got excited and told me I was covered in diamond dust (aka sweat 😂).

I signed in to runner tracking last night and claimed myself but for the life of me could not and still can not find anywhere to add email for notifications like in the past. Only results at the end. Thinking something has definitely changed from previous races

I signed in to runner tracking last night and claimed myself but for the life of me could not and still can not find anywhere to add email for notifications like in the past. Only results at the end. Thinking something has definitely changed from previous races
I asked about tracking at the expo. They said there were no more notifications, just a page that you can refresh. The old system was better.

I asked about tracking at the expo. They said there were no more notifications, just a page that you can refresh. The old system was better.
Ugh that's frustrating. It was always nice for spectators and family to know where I was on the course.

There was no line there for me. They were kinda hidden. I skipped it because I didn’t want to stop and backtrack.
That one looked long ish for us and at that point I had seen the Epcot character line up on socials and i wanted robinson and P&F characters and my sister wanted Robinson and Snow White characters

Does it show when you crossed the start mat at least? Or *any* of the mats?
BOOO! Old system was definitely better!
Ugh that's frustrating. It was always nice for spectators and family to know where I was on the course.
It's also nice to be able to track certain pacers (in lieu of the balloon ladies) to have a vague idea of where the sweep line is and how much you can slow down later in the race if needed.

I have the light grey long sleeve W&D W shirt that was $49.99 retail in medium. Looking to trade for a large if anyone wants.

New with tags. Staying at Dolphin through Monday

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter