Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2022 (Nov. 3-6, 2022)

Here's a dumb question....cuz I haven't been to a runDisney event in 5 yrs. When we take one of the buses from our resort to the Expo, is there one main place it will drop us off? And is that the only building we'll need to go to for both packet pick-up and merch shopping or are there multiple bldgs in WWoS that we'll need to find? We won't be arriving until late on Thursday, after the Expo closes so we'll be going on Friday. We will probably rope drop AK on Friday and then hop over to the Expo around lunchtime. We're at POFQ so we can bus from AK to POFQ to WWoS pretty "quickly" I think. We will browse the merch area but our hearts aren't set on anything in particular.
Can someone with recent experience going on Day 2 walk me through a good action plan for the Expo?

Here's a dumb question....cuz I haven't been to a runDisney event in 5 yrs. When we take one of the buses from our resort to the Expo, is there one main place it will drop us off? And is that the only building we'll need to go to for both packet pick-up and merch shopping or are there multiple bldgs in WWoS that we'll need to find? We won't be arriving until late on Thursday, after the Expo closes so we'll be going on Friday. We will probably rope drop AK on Friday and then hop over to the Expo around lunchtime. We're at POFQ so we can bus from AK to POFQ to WWoS pretty "quickly" I think. We will browse the merch area but our hearts aren't set on anything in particular.
Can someone with recent experience going on Day 2 walk me through a good action plan for the Expo?
The buses all drop off at the "front". There are 3 buildings you need. The first building on your right is where the merch is located (Building A). You can hit that first or save it for later. Up to you, but on day 2 it shouldn't be terribly busy. You need to go all the way up straight up the ramp and to your left to get your bib (there will be lots of signs), this is Building C on the map. Once you grab that you can head back over to the other side of the ramp for your shirt and the main expo portion (Building B). There is lots of signage to guide you.

1667227129734.png

Not me. Where do we go to access them? They didn't have the Expo Pass the last time I did one of these?
They should be emailed to you and be accessible via your runDisney account. They should come out any time now, but they are a page with a QR code and your bib number details on them. Once they are out, I recommend pulling them up on your phone and screenshotting them. The wifi can be very spotty at the expo.

Just confirming...The meet-up is on Saturday at Hurricane Hannah's at 2:00!?

I'm remembering there was some discussion in another thread (I think a different race weekend) about a Friday meet-up and/or a 3:00 time.

After many years we are selling our DVC and not renewing our annual passes. This will probably be our last run at Disney. We have Owner’s Locker bins that we are dealing with and I know that I have at least 2 ChEAR Squad blankets and their accessories that I won’t send home. If anyone is interested, I can try to head over to Hurricane Hanna’s on Saturday and drop one or both off. Probably later, we might try to go to Typhoon Lagoon one last time (especially with the runner’s discount). If not, good luck to us all!

The buses all drop off at the "front". There are 3 buildings you need. The first building on your right is where the merch is located (Building A). You can hit that first or save it for later. Up to you, but on day 2 it shouldn't be terribly busy. You need to go all the way up straight up the ramp and to your left to get your bib (there will be lots of signs), this is Building C on the map. Once you grab that you can head back over to the other side of the ramp for your shirt and the main expo portion (Building B). There is lots of signage to guide you.

View attachment 715188
You don’t *need* to go into building A unless you want rundisney specific merch. And the shirts are allllll the way in the back of building B. If you want to see medals for the race weekend or upcoming races in person, they are usually opposite the shirts. Disney does like to make you walk around as much as possible! 😂

That curved walkway by building A usually has some photo backdrops for the different race distances to take a pic with if you want.

Alternate map:

Attachments

• C8B3318E-8BEB-45A4-B319-69298AC0D618.jpeg
    C8B3318E-8BEB-45A4-B319-69298AC0D618.jpeg
    47.6 KB · Views: 8
You don’t *need* to go into building A unless you want rundisney specific merch. And the shirts are allllll the way in the back of building B. If you want to see medals for the race weekend or upcoming races in person, they are usually opposite the shirts. Disney does like to make you walk around as much as possible! 😂

That curved walkway by building A usually has some photo backdrops for the different race distances to take a pic with if you want.

Alternate map:
I always assumed the shirts were in the back of Building B because they wanted to force you to walk past all the expo booths.

I hope they move the number photo opps back to the room where you get your bibs. I love those picture opportunities, but during springtime surprise they had them in the merchandise expo. DH wasn’t with me and I hadn’t picked up my bib yet, so I figured we would take them when we got our bibs. Sadly, all the cute photo props were in with the merchandise and no way were we waiting in that line to go in again just to get a picture.

I hope they move the number photo opps back to the room where you get your bibs. I love those picture opportunities, but during springtime surprise they had them in the merchandise expo. DH wasn’t with me and I hadn’t picked up my bib yet, so I figured we would take them when we got our bibs. Sadly, all the cute photo props were in with the merchandise and no way were we waiting in that line to go in again just to get a picture.
They were after checkout too but I don't think they were allowing people to skip the line and just go to those. But they really should.

I think it depends if they bring characters back to the expo or not I’d imagine
They were after checkout too but I don't think they were allowing people to skip the line and just go to those. But they really should.
I’d love to see a separate queue for these but you know there would be the bad apples of the bunch who would wait in that line only to sneak in the exit of the merch line bypassing others

Though with a VQ day one for Arena it will be interesting even if there aren’t characters if photo ops stay there

Hello! It's this thread's OP. Parents were late in confirming they'll be joining us, which means it's too late to buy their party tickets through the website. Anyone know of any alternative means of securing two passes?

I always assumed the shirts were in the back of Building B because they wanted to force you to walk past all the expo booths.
Exactly. Like stores putting the milk in the deepest, darkest, farthest back corner of the grocery store!!

My bib was in the high 1400's (close to 1500). No POT submitted, multiple previous RD and halfs (nothing impressive)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter