Wine and Dine 2015

So apparently there is a tornado watch for the Dallas/Ft Worth area which is where our connecting flight is supposed to be. Anyone with experience?

IDK if you've left or not, but DFW is pretty much always under a tornado watch.

The airports nortoriously shut down with a groundstop if there is lightning in the area, so that will be what causes you to be delayed.

Are you flying Southwest to Love or are you at DFW proper?

Currently in the air in route. Hope to see some of you over the weekend. We have a pretty loose but packed schedule since we have a bunch of friends in town as well.

Hello, I'll be doing the jingle jungle 5k on Saturday, my first race ever. I am in no way near ready to run and I'm hoping to be able to walk it. Is it common for people to walk? Thanks!

Almost done packing. Sending DS to bed early since we have to get up extra early. Just have to consolidate my purse and backpack in the morning. Plan is to travel light soi can carry everything in the pockets of my sparkle skirts to the parks.

Hello, I'll be doing the jingle jungle 5k on Saturday, my first race ever. I am in no way near ready to run and I'm hoping to be able to walk it. Is it common for people to walk? Thanks!

You'll need to keep a decent pace but you should be able to walk it. My son and I will run ...and I use the term loosely...he's 9 so we run a bit then he gets tired and we walk while he complains...then run again. LOL.

You'll be more than fine walking. Run/jog what you can but we did a 5K in an 18 minute mile and were definitly not the last ones to finish.

I'm back among the land of the living! My stomach is still weak but the rest of me feels soooo much better than yesterday. So far I've been tolerating bread/gatorade well; tried adding some chicken to it for dinner and so far it's sitting okay. I'm halfway through packing and waiting for the laundry to finish so I can pack the rest. I had my last day of work for the week today, and my co-workers made me this cute sign:

12105992_10204703260170670_613853137103260357_n.jpg

I can't wait to see ya'll all down there! I'm so excited! :rotfl:
Glad to hear you're feeling better.

Got stuck in traffic so I almost missed our flight - them it was delayed 20 min so we were good! Sadly, I had booked park n fly already but panicked and just parked at the closest (and most expensive) airport lot. Too late to cancel park n fly. Pretty sure I just wasted $56 :(

Also pretty sure we will be late for our morimoto dinner at 10:30 as we are just about to pull up to the resort in a few min.

Oi! I am running more today than I will be sat!

So, I went to the Welcome Recption tonight. There was probably around 100 or so people there.

Food wise there were four savoury stations and a dessert bar. Whilst it was advertised as tapas style, you could basically keep going back as many times as you wanted. There was no limit to what you could eat. Same with the wine, there were multiple stations and you could keep going back as you pleased.

Entertainment wise there was a trio playing classical music, along with some acrobats and a sword swallower!

There was German Mickey, Japanese Minnie, Scottish Goofey and Canadian Donald to get your picture with.

I don't think people should worry on the merchandise side of things. I didn't see anybody leaving with arm loads of stuff. Everyone I saw only had one (normal sized) bag of merch. Most people were saying that it was just really nice to be able to look at it all in a relaxed way and not feel panicked or stressed by crowds of people grabbing things. Everyone I spoke to was actually running, I didn't come across any non-runners there just for the merch. There was TONS of stuff left when we were done. No empty shelves.

The duffle bag they gave us was HUGE! And we also got a wine glass (without a box, which will make it interesting to pack!).

It really was concierge packet pick up. They had a spare waiver for you in case you didn't have yours with you which was a nice touch. You got everything in one go which was great.

Was it worth the price? Probably not, but for me it was worth the convienance of being able to get everything tonight - I have some F&W events tomorrow, so I would have been running around like a lunatic trying to do everything (I am doing both races Saturday so it needed to be tonight or Friday).

1.3 miles around POFQ and POR was enough to 100% change my mind on that. ;) That humidity doesn't feel too bad when you've been just walking around DS for a while, but I am drenched now from a 16 minute run.
Ding ding ding ding... we have a winner!! I thought the same thing at the 2012 ToT. What the heck is everyone talking about this feels really nice and then I started running.

Thanks! I'm hoping I can do a fast pace walk and be okay. I just realized i didn't print a waiver for the race. I'm at the hotel and have no access to a printer, will they be able to print them tomorrow at packet pickup? I can't believe I forgot to do this.

So these are the two participant shirts (half marathon shirt is long sleeved).
Thanks! I'm hoping I can do a fast pace walk and be okay. I just realized i didn't print a waiver for the race. I'm at the hotel and have no access to a printer, will they be able to print them tomorrow at packet pickup? I can't believe I forgot to do this.

They have rows of printers and computers as you walk in to do the waivers.

On Magic Express just made stop 2 of 5. Of course we are stop 5. I'm glad they got us on a bus though instead of making us wait. We are thinking Trader Sam's can wait for another time as we got an early morning Kona to start the trip with Tonga toast. Just going to go to Captain Cooks and grab anything edible for dinner then head to our room.

Stretched out in Pop Century about to get some sleep. Thought I'd check in with a quick question: Any last-minute tips for a first-time expo goer? (Good reading material for the shuttle over.)

Super excited - looks like (based on pics on FB) that the W&D shirts are either black or dark, dark, dark midnight blue. Yay!

Got stuck in traffic so I almost missed our flight - them it was delayed 20 min so we were good! Sadly, I had booked park n fly already but panicked and just parked at the closest (and most expensive) airport lot. Too late to cancel park n fly. Pretty sure I just wasted $56 :(

Also pretty sure we will be late for our morimoto dinner at 10:30 as we are just about to pull up to the resort in a few min.

Oi! I am running more today than I will be sat!

Hoping you made it to Morimoto!! We had dinner there tonight and it was amazeballs.

IDK if you've left or not, but DFW is pretty much always under a tornado watch.

The airports nortoriously shut down with a groundstop if there is lightning in the area, so that will be what causes you to be delayed.

Are you flying Southwest to Love or are you at DFW proper?

Haha, good to know. We saw the lightning as we were descending into the airport. Our plane was sitting for awhile before it could even approach the terminal. We are finally up in the air about 2 1/2 hours later. But hey, we're on our way.

We flew Southwest to Love.

Fun part was we met a few other runners during the wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter