Wine and Dine 2015

DD25 fell down her stairs yesterday and has now elected to stay back and do my intervals with me. In fact, we may walk more than I usually do. She is ok, just having ankle and neck pain. Don't text and do stairs! :/

Glad she is okay.:grouphug:

TBsurvival6.jpg

If it becomes cold, wet or cold and wet, I'm dressing as a chocolate chip. Thank-you
Your Guide To Survival Using A Trash Bag.

DD25 fell down her stairs yesterday and has now elected to stay back and do my intervals with me. In fact, we may walk more than I usually do. She is ok, just having ankle and neck pain. Don't text and do stairs! :/

Ouch. Glad to hear she is mostly okay except pain. You are right texting and stairs is not a good idea.

If you have an REI close by you can get small little spray bottles which meet the TSA 3 oz limit. I carried a few when I was traveling to Asia earlier this year with no problems.

No REI. I don't even know if there is one in the whole state of Arkansas, lol. Which makes me sad as I love that store. Which is probably a good thing for my pocketbook. :)

ETA: My 1 allowed quart size baggie is maxed out already too!

I'm way under-trained too. What corral are you in? I plan on doing my intervals the best I can the first 6 miles then after that it will be a lot of power walking. I'm under trained because I just couldn't get motivated to do my runs. Living in the city and my old running path isn't close anymore and then what I tried near my house wasn't safe. Started going to Central Park but it was schlep. I have to be honest I have no clue how people train in NYC for a marathon because the half was hard enough.

I am in I. Running solo. My plan is to walk the first mile to keep me from going out too fast...then intervals. Are you near me? I'm happy to meet up.

Personally I am way undertrained, but I have decided to just go and have fun. I think I can walk with some running intervals to make it to the end. But I accept that its my own fault I wont do better so I am ok with it.

I'm way under-trained too. What corral are you in? I plan on doing my intervals the best I can the first 6 miles then after that it will be a lot of power walking. I'm under trained because I just couldn't get motivated to do my runs. Living in the city and my old running path isn't close anymore and then what I tried near my house wasn't safe. Started going to Central Park but it was schlep. I have to be honest I have no clue how people train in NYC for a marathon because the half was hard enough.

Add me to the undertrained group. I went for a mile on Sunday just to test out my foot (felt pretty okay) but other than that I haven't run at all in the last 2 weeks. And my last long run was 10 miles 3 weeks ago. So...I'm just trying to finish at this point. May need to increase my walk interval duration, especially given the weather.

Ugh on my run groups Facebook page so some of us who are more active posted a possible wet and hot warning for those already getting ready to handle and a few jerk FL members decided to tell us how stupid we are for worrying now. I said some of us have to decide what to pack and know if we should bring a hot option or a hot and wet option or both and they said just get over it. Today is not the day to mess with me and I'm ready to tell these people off. They had the nerve to say you could just go to DTD if you don't have the right gear even though they are the same people that will preach nothing new on race day.

UGH.

Well THIS <---- Floridian is watching the weather very closely and thinks doing so is a good idea so folks have some idea of what to expect and what to pack! I'm doing my best to ignore the know-it-alls and counter with helpful suggestions, but it's a losing battle out there, lol! Hang in there: my advice is to pack for warm/hot weather and for the possibility of rain, then decide that day what you'll actually need. That's what I'm doing, and it's what I did last year... it worked out and I had a great race - and you will too! :hug:

Mosquitoes... they're not swarming or anything, but I'm allergic to their bites, so even the two I got over the weekend are problematic. I'm bringing my spray for some park evenings and for waiting for the race to start because the hives, scars and general malaise bites bring are not the souvenirs I want from the weekend lol! There are numerous confirmed cases of west nile virus being transmitted by mosquitoes where I live; not sure if that's the case in Orlando, too.

Oh no!! Sorry to hear this, on the other hand, it will be nice for you two to do this together! I know doing the princess half with my daughter was really special, if you haven't run together before this will be a race to remember! I hope she has no lingering repercussions . You guys be sure to say hi when you pass me! Lol!

I am in I. Running solo. My plan is to walk the first mile to keep me from going out too fast...then intervals. Are you near me? I'm happy to meet up.

I may be moving back from my corral, I haven't decided yet, haven't decided if I'm going to run at all. If I do, I might join you in I , if you would t mind!

Add me to the undertrained group. I went for a mile on Sunday just to test out my foot (felt pretty okay) but other than that I haven't run at all in the last 2 weeks. And my last long run was 10 miles 3 weeks ago. So...I'm just trying to finish at this point. May need to increase my walk interval duration, especially given the weather.

If I participate, I am going to flip my ratio from 90/30 to 30 /90....
And btw, I will be wogging,( Nod to @IamTrike !) so I stay within my orders of "no running" !!! :rotfl2:
;)

Also, thanks ladies for the bug report!

I may be moving back from my corral, I haven't decided yet, haven't decided if I'm going to run at all. If I do, I might join you in I , if you would t mind!

If I participate, I am going to flip my ratio from 90/30 to 30 /90....
And btw, I will be wogging,( Nod to @IamTrike !) so I stay within my orders of "no running" !!! :rotfl2:
;)

Also, thanks ladies for the bug report!

Sure! Just send me a pm and we can arrange a meet up.

Well THIS <---- Floridian is watching the weather very closely and thinks doing so is a good idea so folks have some idea of what to expect and what to pack! I'm doing my best to ignore the know-it-alls and counter with helpful suggestions, but it's a losing battle out there, lol! Hang in there: my advice is to pack for warm/hot weather and for the possibility of rain, then decide that day what you'll actually need. That's what I'm doing, and it's what I did last year... it worked out and I had a great race - and you will too! :hug:

Thanks. My big deal is that I'm doing a carry on only trip so I really can't pack the kitchen sink of my running gear. I'm packing 2 options but can make some decisions based on super duper crazy hot or moderate. Like last year with the rain I needed my running jacket. This year I definitely shouldn't but can't decide if I should pack it just in case yah know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter