Wine and Dine 2015

Thanks to a fast, mostly downhill course, I got a big fat PR today on maybe my last 5K of the year! I may do some more in Nov or Dec, I'm not sure. This was my last planned one, though. :) 33:08, smashing the one from 2 weeks ago (34:55).

I did all 8 races in our Seacoast (NH) Race Series this year. It was five 5K's, two 10K's, and one 8K. My times went from 37:55 on the first 5K on May 2 to 33:08 today, Oct 24. :)

It was my last hard run I think before W&D. Going to take the rest of them easier the next 2 weeks.

If you have a chance to look back during W&D you will see participants for miles behind you at your current pace. I was going to say that seemed like a small crowd for your roller coaster event. Those folks can't make a living with turnout like that

It was the inaugural race at our tiny park. Hopefully it will be better advertised next year. Most of the races are at Six Flags parks with tons of people. :)

I have decided to skip my long run. My left ankle was bothering me some after running in the deep gravel at my 10k last weekend and it's starting to feel better today. I just really don't want to take a chance on hurting it before the Half. I'm kind of nervous about skipping it but I have done 12 with no problem so I should be fine, right? I will do my Halloween 5k next weekend and then hopefully be good to go.

I'm kind of nervous about skipping it but I have done 12 with no problem so I should be fine, right?

Yes, you'll be fine. I think I have only run longer than 12 miles before one of the many half marathons I have completed. It's better to let your ankle fully heal. That being said, if possible, I would recommend that you still try to keep on schedule for the remainder of your runs.

Last edited:
Magical express tags and info came about a week or so ago. No gift card yet.. I'm in NJ. I sorta liked the prior system of receiving card at package pick up.

I suspect there are going to be a lot of issues with people not receiving them. I mean, we're talking about trusting the US Postal Service here, which is not the most reliable organization in existence... And since they're not replacing them, it's even worse. I get it since they didn't send them registered mail so they could have proof that you'd received them or not, it would be easy for those less honest people out there to say "I didn't receive mine!" and get another if they were replacing those lost in the mail (or stolen either by the cards being put in the wrong box and/or delivered to the wrong address and the person living there either just throwing it out or keeping it).

It just seems like with something like this, they should either send them with a way to verify receipt OR keep it where you pick it up at packet pick-up.

I am surprised that it seems like no one else has gotten the card yet... I am way up in NH too! Some of you are much closer! :( rD really should have sent these out sooner.

I have decided to skip my long run. My left ankle was bothering me some after running in the deep gravel at my 10k last weekend and it's starting to feel better today. I just really don't want to take a chance on hurting it before the Half. I'm kind of nervous about skipping it but I have done 12 with no problem so I should be fine, right? I will do my Halloween 5k next weekend and then hopefully be good to go.

Funny you mention your left ankle,for the last 2 weeks every run I've done my left ankle has started to bother me around mile 3,I was attempting to go 8-9 miles on Tuesday and I had to stop at 5,probably should have stopped earlier as the next morning aside from my ankle something in my hamstring was hurting,I think my biceps femoris,but this wasn't like 2 years ago when in the middle of a run I knew I pulled my hamstring,that was an automatic pain,this was a subtle tightness the next morning that did have me slightly limping just on Wednesday but the ankle was fine.Fast forward to this morning as by Friday both injuries seemed much better so I decided to go out and see what happens and run my Halloween half marathon at Miami Beach.At the starting line the ankle was fine,the hamstring was mildly tight but not too bad.By mile 4 the hamstring was feeling fine and actually warmed up nicely and gave me no problems the rest of the race,the ankle was another story,just like the last couple of weeks around mile 4-5 it started bothering me,I took it very easy taking walk breaks and just going at a slow jogging pace but somehow I finished in 2:22,If I would have been good this may have been a PR,I think the cool light rain that started during the national anthem and lasted until mile 7 really helped me the first couple of miles.Fast forward to now and my ankle is slightly swollen but I'm not limping,the hamstring is fine,not any worse than its been since Wednesday which was the only day it gave me trouble.I have W&D in two weeks and I'm not too worried about that one as me and my friends are all about going slow and enjoying the course,what I'm really worried about is Space Coast where I managed to sign myself up for the full,I have a month plus for these injuries to get better or that one is in limbo.I think for next running season I'm going to ease off the number of races I sign up for,after New Years I got a race like every two weeks through April,hopefully I'm good for all those.

I suspect there are going to be a lot of issues with people not receiving them. I mean, we're talking about trusting the US Postal Service here, which is not the most reliable organization in existence... And since they're not replacing them, it's even worse. I get it since they didn't send them registered mail so they could have proof that you'd received them or not, it would be easy for those less honest people out there to say "I didn't receive mine!" and get another if they were replacing those lost in the mail (or stolen either by the cards being put in the wrong box and/or delivered to the wrong address and the person living there either just throwing it out or keeping it).

It just seems like with something like this, they should either send them with a way to verify receipt OR keep it where you pick it up at packet pick-up.
What do you mean they're not replacing them,you mean if it doesn't arrive you're out of luck and out the $15.I had heard if you don't receive it they have a way to cancel the ones shipped and give you new ones at the expo,at least I read that here I believe.

What do you mean they're not replacing them,you mean if it doesn't arrive you're out of luck and out the $15.I had heard if you don't receive it they have a way to cancel the ones shipped and give you new ones at the expo,at least I read that here I believe.

I read that too. They have somewhere at the Expo to get a new one and they deactivate the one you didn't receive.

Mine did, too! Why??
Are these jams where the paper gets stuck in rollers, and you have to open up drawers/compartments on the printer to get it unstuck? Or does it just bog down the printer and never completely print?

The Event Guide pdf's in the past had a bunch of layers and a bunch of different fonts that probably should have been flattened before public release. My old phone used to freeze up on these things... Advertisers probably have special fonts too. Maybe the printing company of the physical programs wants all the layers intact. There might be a better postscript driver for your printer. Your printer might not have enough memory, it might be too old.

We should get a physical copy at the expo, we used to???

I read that too. They have somewhere at the Expo to get a new one and they deactivate the one you didn't receive.
I didn't read that but I would not be surprised. The gift card comes inside a greeting card and inside the greeting card is a number that you are supposed to keep with you in case you lose the card, so that they can cancel it and issue you a new one.

Edit: Now I did read it in the screenshot. :D

I thought I had read that if you didn't get it there was nothing they could do. Maybe I read wrong.

Still seems cheaper and less hassle just to have them there and not mail them.

I didn't read that but I would not be surprised. The gift card comes inside a greeting card and inside the greeting card is a number that you are supposed to keep with you in case you lose the card, so that they can cancel it and issue you a new one.

Edit: Now I did read it in the screenshot. :D

So what happens if you don't even get it to have the number?? That is where the issue will be.

I am surprised that it seems like no one else has gotten the card yet... I am way up in NH too! Some of you are much closer! :( rD really should have sent these out sooner.
Im in NH also and got mine a few dayz ago. I was surprized that alot of people havent gotten theres yet.

I thought I had read that if you didn't get it there was nothing they could do. Maybe I read wrong.

I agree,why cant they just distribute them at the expo,seems like less of a hassle.

I'm already in Florida and spoke to RubDisney yesterday, asking if they could just change my mailing address. They couldn't, but told me I could get a card re-issued at the Expo. Also, FYI - you can't use it until the 6th or after the 14th.

I'm already in Florida and spoke to RubDisney yesterday, asking if they could just change my mailing address. They couldn't, but told me I could get a card re-issued at the Expo. Also, FYI - you can't use it until the 6th or after the 14th.

Annoying for those of us who like to hold onto them and reload. Ok. So noted. I will just add more money into a "real" Disney Gift Card that doesn't have an expiration date and carry both of them.

Im in NH also and got mine a few dayz ago. I was surprized that alot of people havent gotten theres yet.

Oh in my case several things could have happened...

1) Idiot mail carrier could have put it in the wrong box in my building and the other people aren't putting it on top like most of us do if we get someone else's.

2) Idiot mail carrier put it in the stack for the same building number on the cross street. I know we have gotten their stacks before, so it only follows they have gotten ours. Throop and Kosciuszko are really NOT so similar this should happen...but it does.

3) The machines at the post office have destroyed it and I will get scraps in a plastic Baggie if there is enough to determine where the bits should go. This NEVER happened to me until I moved to NYC - and it's now happened at least 6 times in 9 years.

The mailing them was absolutely ridiculous if you ask me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter