• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wine and Dine 2015

And we can do official merch first, then bib pick up right?

In the past you could do this, but you need your bib from the first building to get your official race shirt, which is distributed from the second building. So you end up waiting in line twice at the Jostens Center entrance. If I remember right there is a tearaway tab on the bib for race shirt pickup.

Go as early as you can. I have heard in the past things suddenly were "found in the back" the morning of the next day :)

Great, thanks! I don't have a ton of money to be spending on this stuff but are those headbands? If so I like those. lol. I love the tank but I would bet that one will be sold out!

At Tink it was not everything that was sold out. They still had plenty of the non-race runDisney gear, and they had a lot of commemorative shirts and sweatshirts and "I Did It!" shirts left. It was the stuff like the jackets, the glassware, the bottles that were sold out. I saw so many people wearing super cute teal jackets that had fairy wings printed on the back and I remember lamenting not ordering the jacket during the registration, and someone was like oh that's not that jacket, that was for sale at the expo. Never even saw those! I got the cotton "I Did It!" shirt and a commemorative tech shirt. Then when I got home I ordered the special "I Did It!" tech shirt that went on sale at the online Disney Store after the race. :o

Now that my SO is not coming with me, I will be unsupervised at the expo with no one to make me feel bad about buying ALL THE THINGS! At least you get Disney Visa discount at the expo. ;)

Disney Visa discount??? How much?? lol

The picture is clearly that of a ladies top. Men's do not look like that on the back.

Yes I have te same cut from PHM, definitely fitted

Great, thanks! I don't have a ton of money to be spending on this stuff but are those headbands? If so I like those. lol. I love the tank but I would bet that one will be sold out!

Disney Visa discount??? How much?? lol

I got to the expo 2-3 hours after opening for PHM and they had the tank left. But, as that is a larger race I cant say whether or not they will have more limited quantities for this race. It does seem they are releasing a lot more merch this year for W&D. Back in 2013 I think they only had a jacket and a couple of shirts!

Thanks! Added to my favorites this time. Anyone want to be friends with me in Corral D??

I'll be in D :wave:

Well, damn. I wasn't planning on buying anything other than pins or maybe a hat. Guh.

Good thing I have an AP now. :(

Why oh why does rD do this to me?!? Maybe it'll be fate since we aren't arriving until that afternoon. But dang...those wine and beer glasses!! :drinking1

Merch wishlist: Sweaty Band as always, pins (bc I messed up my pre-order), I Did It... "Wine A Lot, Ran a Little" --LOVE!, gots to have a wine glass... it's the wine and dine, ooo and that grey hoodie pullover deal...looks super comfy-the grey and white on the next to last photo. (This is pretty much the dialog that went through my head as I looked at the photos of merch) You are all welcome for a moment inside my head when it comes to rD merch. It's bad.

Pretty sure this will be all gone when I get there Friday afternoon...sigh... maybe it's the universe with some sort of sign. Or DH planned it that way to keep all his money. Sneaky sneaky.

A lot of the merchandise looks so cute! I'm curious as to which shirts are cotton and which are tech. Considering the race shirt is a tech shirt, I'd like to get a cotton one for a commemorative item and not to actually use for running. Anybody have any guesses? The "I Did It" shirts are cute, but I'm hesitant to buy one pre-race. I agree with the person who said those things should be sold at the finish line/post-race. Also, one last question, do any ladies ever buy shirts that may technically be mens'? I really like some of the colors of the shirts that look like they're probably mens' over the ladies' (i.e. the wine colored "I Did It" over the orange.)

A lot of the merchandise looks so cute! I'm curious as to which shirts are cotton and which are tech. Considering the race shirt is a tech shirt, I'd like to get a cotton one for a commemorative item and not to actually use for running. Anybody have any guesses? The "I Did It" shirts are cute, but I'm hesitant to buy one pre-race. I agree with the person who said those things should be sold at the finish line/post-race. Also, one last question, do any ladies ever buy shirts that may technically be mens'? I really like some of the colors of the shirts that look like they're probably mens' over the ladies' (i.e. the wine colored "I Did It" over the orange.)
I used to buy unisex tshirts all the time when I was younger, but now I don't if they are cotton because they just look weird on me. The sleeves and the overall length are usually too long and they are often baggy around my midsection while also being tight at my hips, which ends up giving the shirt a mushroom effect. :) I'm a little bit on the fluffier side, so that may also contribute. I have not tried men's tech shirts, though.

At Tink the "I Did It" shirts were cotton and most of the other commemorative ones were tech. The "I Did It" they sold online post-race was also tech, which pleasantly surprised me. I was expecting it to be cotton like the others.

One thing about the rD shirts is they seem to run small, *especially* the cotton I Did It one. I am still losing weight so it will fit better eventually, but the cotton one made me look like a stuffed sausage when I tried it on at the expo. The tech ones, including the free race one, are a little more forgiving.

I've already given my husband my shopping list so he is prepared for the expo :rotfl2: I really want to get the tank top (being a Florida resident that's what I run in almost exclusively), an "I Did It!" shirt (and hope I don't jinx myself... even if I have to crawl over the finish line I've got to make it!), the lilac sweaty band, and the car magnet. I also just told my husband that I'll drive the whole way Friday so that we can leave earlier in the morning and get to the Expo around 10:30-11:00ish (he's not a morning person and would not be down with that plan if he wasn't able to just sleep in the car the whole way). Take my money Disney! :hyper:

Here Disney, take ALL my money, lol!

I didn't expect to love the merch this much, but that is exactly what my thought! Even my husband has a wish list! I love the tank top, the jackets, the hoodie, bondi bands, car magnet...and we want a pair of stemless wine glasses. Hubby wants a hat and an I Did It Shirt. I'm not sure about the color of the women's cut I did it shirt and men's cuts don't normally work for me. But I have red hair so colors can be tricky. I might just suck it up though since it's our first half.

Too bad the tank top will probably be sold out by the time I get there on Friday. Can't go until around 3pm.

I won't get there till Friday afternoon either, although we are planning to drive straight to the expo prior to check-in at the resort. I had a friend pick a few things up for me at Princess, and they were all there when I got to the expo early afternoon the day it opened except the wine glass.

I really wish they would require proof of registration in order to purchase the official race merchandise (or at the very least the I did it! stuff) and limit things to one per bib. It's not fair to those of us who are truly participating but can't get to the expo until late that people who aren't even running the race or participating in any way can come in and swoop up the stuff to then turn around and resell on EBay. Open the expo to everyone, sure. But require that you have a bib or are clearly the spouse or child of someone with a bib AND with that person to enter the runDisney merchandise area.

I agree, the first 24 hours at least they should require anyone purchasing to have a bib/proof of registration.

I know we discussed rental cars, but I couldn't find anything as low as what was mentioned on Priceline so I snagged a "Manager's Special" from Hertz with a military discount. Ideally I'd like to know our class as we do have to drive 6 hours in the car, but at least we were able to stick to our budget! More money for merchandise!

I want the I did it shirt, the tank, the purple hoodie, grey hoodie, lavender t shirt, magnet, maybe the red hoodie, etc. lol! I don't think all my wants will be fulfilled! Oh, and the hat lol!

The Event Guide shows official Disney merchandise in both the packet pick up location and shirt pick up location. Do they have the same things at both spots?

The Event Guide shows official Disney merchandise in both the packet pick up location and shirt pick up location. Do they have the same things at both spots?

It was the same way last year. Packet pick up had a smaller selection but have everything I wanted when I went the second day. I walked over to the expo and they were out of what I wanted.

It was the same way last year. Packet pick up had a smaller selection but have everything I wanted when I went the second day. I walked over to the expo and they were out of what I wanted.

So it's worth it to check both places I guess. We were thinking of shopping first, then picking up our packets. We get there Thursday so will be there when they open. And I'd rather wait in a long pick up line if it means I can get the items I want. :)

Hi everyone! Those merchandise pics are really ruining my plan of not spending money at the expo! I was planning to wait until Friday afternoon to pick up my bib, but now I'm wondering if I should change my plan and go earlier in case things sell out early.....decisions decisions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter