Wine and Dine 2015

Does anyone know when we can expect corral placements to come out for Wine and Dine? Do they email you? I never got any emailed confirmation or anything that my proof of time went through so I'm a little nervous it didn't work.

Does anyone know when we can expect corral placements to come out for Wine and Dine? Do they email you? I never got any emailed confirmation or anything that my proof of time went through so I'm a little nervous it didn't work.
Everything I'm about to say is not what I know firsthand, but is what I've read about from previous events. I'm thinking we can probably expect the waivers with bib numbers and corral placements to be posted around the first week or 2 of October (it sounds like it's about a month prior to the event). It also sounds like the link to waivers on the runDisney site may go live earlier than when they email. As for proof of time, they don't tell you whether it's accepted or not - it's just a find out when waivers/corrals go live type of thing. I too am nervous about mine not being accepted, so I'm really anxious for this information to come as well.

Everything I'm about to say is not what I know firsthand, but is what I've read about from previous events. I'm thinking we can probably expect the waivers with bib numbers and corral placements to be posted around the first week or 2 of October (it sounds like it's about a month prior to the event). It also sounds like the link to waivers on the runDisney site may go live earlier than when they email. As for proof of time, they don't tell you whether it's accepted or not - it's just a find out when waivers/corrals go live type of thing. I too am nervous about mine not being accepted, so I'm really anxious for this information to come as well.

Actually, I did get an email for the Avenger's 1/2 marathon saying my POT I submitted was not accepted. I was not able to run the race due to surgery anyway, and didn't want to defer since we were already taking the trip for my DD to run. If I were running, I would have followed up and tried to figure out why it wasn't accepted. I have no idea why~ everything was correct, I made sure to double check everything. So, I'm not sure if other people have gotten emails, but I'm guessing they would possibly send an email if times are not ok for some reason. Hope that gives peace of mind to anyone wondering!

For Princess, which is my only other runDisney experience, I found out about waivers through that wonderful "friend" the internet. On your waiver, is your bib number. From there we were able to figure out corrals. It was all about a month in advance so I'm hoping that first week or two of October we'll have that information.

I have 11 miles to do this Saturday and I'm nervous since my 9.5 was so bad, and then I've been sick since most of last week. I'll get my maintenance runs in this week though come hell or high water! I have been thinking about trying out some kind of fueling option for Saturday's run, but that totally intimidates me. I might try some sport beans or honey stinger. I really have no clue what I'm doing, but everyone says it's trial and error and I'm really just hoping for a good run!

I have 11 miles to do this Saturday and I'm nervous since my 9.5 was so bad, and then I've been sick since most of last week. I'll get my maintenance runs in this week though come hell or high water! I have been thinking about trying out some kind of fueling option for Saturday's run, but that totally intimidates me. I might try some sport beans or honey stinger. I really have no clue what I'm doing, but everyone says it's trial and error and I'm really just hoping for a good run!
Don't be intimidated. :) Just try stuff out... there's not too many more long runs to practice! Personally, if I'm going to be running > 1:10-1:20, I will take a gel every 40-45 minutes, but it really is a trial and error thing to find out what actually works for you. I had no clue what I was doing for Tinker Bell, and I just bought a bunch of different stuff at the local running store to try out. I settled on Huma gels mainly, although sometimes I get Honey Stingers, too, and I've wanted to try out Untapped (maple syrup) but I haven't ordered any yet.

I also have an AP but my brother needs a park ticket, so I am going to buy from the online ticket store. Does anyone know if I can do it for will-call pick up? I would like to wait until next month to add it since I have a vacation in a week and a half (not disney though!) so I would rather wait a few weeks to buy the park ticket money - wise.

ETA - almost forgot to mention that my reservation is no longer showing up in MDE. Sigh

I know in DLR, they tickets are will call. I am not sure at WDW as I have never needed them because of my AP.

My reservation got bounced around a few times because of the refurbishment going on at WL, but after a few hours it appeared correctly. I want to add someone to my room, so I am sure it will go wonky again shortly. Such is life I suppose.

Has anyone received their gift card yet? I'm more anxious about that than I am my PoT for a better corral. It does sort of make sense if they only email you if it wasn't accepted or if there was an issue. I just wish they would communicate that with us so it was a little more calming on the nerves.

Waivers will be released first, anywhere from a month out to a week out. Hopefully the former. You may see an email, but it's more likely you'll hear about it here first, lol! Once waivers are out, you can print yours and see your bib number. When rD posts the corrals info, you'll use that bib number to locate your corral. I've never received an email re: PoT but have been seeded properly for many races.

Actually, I did get an email for the Avenger's 1/2 marathon saying my POT I submitted was not accepted. I was not able to run the race due to surgery anyway, and didn't want to defer since we were already taking the trip for my DD to run. If I were running, I would have followed up and tried to figure out why it wasn't accepted. I have no idea why~ everything was correct, I made sure to double check everything. So, I'm not sure if other people have gotten emails, but I'm guessing they would possibly send an email if times are not ok for some reason. Hope that gives peace of mind to anyone wondering!
Oh interesting - first time I've seen that! That is encouraging. Did you submit via the Track Shack link?

I have been thinking about trying out some kind of fueling option for Saturday's run, but that totally intimidates me. I might try some sport beans or honey stinger. I really have no clue what I'm doing, but everyone says it's trial and error and I'm really just hoping for a good run!
Absolutely, you won't know what works for you until you try some things! Generally, the suggestion is to take in about 100 cals every 45 mins to an hour. Some need more fuel more often, others less - but it's a good starting point to see what works for you.

I wouldn't say peace of mind, ha, ha,ha. Hope, yes. Maybe acceptance of the reality that the system is flawed and that I might be totally unhappy with what the result is. Some database could have me listed incorrectly in one field. The whole process has become glitch city. The old confirmation links, that used to function, are now inoperative. For example: http://trackshackresults.com/disneysports/proof/wd/proof.php There are so many places that Proof-of-Time submission can go wrong. The race-results web site could be down, or nonexistent at this point. Do I truncate my time or round. Which time do I submit, chip time or gun time? This list could go on...

Today is sign up for Star Wars 1/2 - DS, so I would expect the local internet to slow starting at about noon. Today might not be the best day to work on solutions.

My reservation got bounced around a few times because of the refurbishment going on at WL, but after a few hours it appeared correctly. I want to add someone to my room, so I am sure it will go wonky again shortly. Such is life I suppose.

Not sure if you are doing DVC or not, and also not sure the girl I got was the best considering all my issues. But, she was going to charge me $50 to add my brother to the room (even though it didn't change the price at all). I knew about the fee for changing within 45 days or whatever it is (for non DVC), but I thought I'd heard that they only would end up charging it if the price of your room/package went down. So I was a bit surprised. Luckily, she counted and I was at 45 exactly. Had she tired to charge I would have just added him when we arrived.

I am also noticing now that my RD room package now shows "WDTC magical extras." I don't think I have seen this before. Is this probably the luggage tags and $5 off sammy duval vouchers? lol. I haven't gotten those in a long time since I don't usually book room and ticket packages, I just go through the "packages" for room only via RD.

Not sure where else to put this... I signed up to be a volunteer.
When do they usually send out those notifications? couple weeks before?

Has anyone developed a plan for family/friends who want to cheer you on? Or have experienced that in past W&Ds? My mom will be visiting with us, and would like to see the start, finish, and maybe one spot in between. Plus we are going to make her wear a costume (well, we are wearing one, why not her!), so it would be nice to have her on the course in a few places.

From what I understand, she can watch us start from WWoS using the host resort buses, but will have to take a taxi to each subsequent viewing area because the parks will all be closed and there will be limited transportation options. She would be able to see us in the AK parking lot, then the HS parking lot or on the Boardwalk. However, she would not be able to see us finish if she stopped at HS (maybe) or the Boardwalk. Does this sound about right? She has a ticket to the after party, so she can get into EP from the Boardwalk.

Would a taxi or uber be better? We have had really long waits for taxis in the past. Maybe just reserving a towncar for the time it takes us to complete the race?

It's her first visit, so I want her to have fun watching us run.

Not sure where else to put this... I signed up to be a volunteer.
When do they usually send out those notifications? couple weeks before?

Instructions are mailed about 30 days before the event. We usually have our letters three weeks out.

Howdy. More of a lurker, but this will be my 3rd wine and dine or splash and dash, whichever it shall be named this year. ;) I am a APH and went to go purchase the discounted ticket for my husband but unfortunately I think I deleted my email that had the password to get into the website. I promise I am legit and if someone has it and could pm it to me I would really really appreciate it!!! Thank you!

Oh interesting - first time I've seen that! That is encouraging. Did you submit via the Track Shack link?

RE: POT~ yes, I did~ what happened was when I registered for the Avenger's 1/2 Marathon (Inaugural) , I forgot to add in my POT. (Ugh! we were registering several people so fast for different races.) I went back and submitted my POT using the Track Shack link. A few days later I got the email saying it would not be accepted. I've used the same time/race for another Disney race so I have no idea why it wouldn't be ok. I found out soon after I had to have surgery, so I never bothered to follow up with it.

As far as being seeded correctly in corrals, we've done a lot of different Disney races, and I agree, they've always seemed to be pretty accurate for us, good, bad or indifferent, lol.

I don't have a POT for the W&D because of my long-term recovery from surgery, so it will be interesting to see where I'm placed~ :magnify:

Thank you! Hopefully everything goes well and we get our placements. :) I was worried they already went out and they just totally missed mine.

Has anyone developed a plan for family/friends who want to cheer you on? Or have experienced that in past W&Ds? My mom will be visiting with us, and would like to see the start, finish, and maybe one spot in between. Plus we are going to make her wear a costume (well, we are wearing one, why not her!), so it would be nice to have her on the course in a few places.

From what I understand, she can watch us start from WWoS using the host resort buses, but will have to take a taxi to each subsequent viewing area because the parks will all be closed and there will be limited transportation options. She would be able to see us in the AK parking lot, then the HS parking lot or on the Boardwalk. However, she would not be able to see us finish if she stopped at HS (maybe) or the Boardwalk. Does this sound about right? She has a ticket to the after party, so she can get into EP from the Boardwalk.

Would a taxi or uber be better? We have had really long waits for taxis in the past. Maybe just reserving a towncar for the time it takes us to complete the race?

It's her first visit, so I want her to have fun watching us run.

I'm not sure how accessible the AK parking lot will be. I can't say as though i remember seeing anyone there once they did away with the relay option for this race. The Studios/Boardwal/Yacht & Beach options would make it nearly impossible to also see you cross the finish line.

I have seen people in the past park at the McDonald's by the All Star Resorts and climb the hill and spectate from there, although that would technically be discouraged by Disney I am sure. (But the runners pass by there twice, once to AK and once leaving AK, just opposite sides of the road.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter