Wine and Dine 2015

I ran the Rock 'n' Roll Dallas 1/2 Marathon this past Sunday. New PR and first sub 3 hour half marathon. 02:55:00. I'm hoping to be down to a 02:30:00 by W&D. Of course I ended up with a stress fracture in my 4th metatarsal near the cuboid of my left foot. I got a stress fracture in my 2nd metatarsal (right foot) shortly after Christmas 2014 and still managed to complete Dopey 2015 (in pain). These stress fractures are not fun at all.

My DW and I walked the Rock 'n' Roll Dallas 5K this past Saturday. The 5K and 1/2 together is called the Remix Challenge and gives you an extra medal.
I like how RnR does their corrals. The first 2 numbers of your bib is your expected pace. So I was bib 13306 putting me in corral 13. Corrals went up to 16. Wave start just like Disney. I pretty much stayed with other 13 and 14's, a few 11 and 12's that slowed down, but it was a nice change. Of course there were no character stops to mess up the placement either, but that's a different story.

I have another 1/2 in 3 weeks. Dallas Big D 1/2. I hope I'm healed up enough for that one. It's a nice mainly flat course. Then PDC in May at DL.

Way to go!!! I had quite a few friends run the RnR Dallas this past weekend and they really enjoyed it (displaced Cowtown runners). I've been pretty impressed with my RnR experience so far, so I'm happy to hear the local offering was nice. Maybe we'll do the relay next year!

Good luck with the Big D 1/2! I thought about running that, just for another race experience, but that's Rangers opening weekend AND my birthday weekend (Coincidence? Nah!), so I'm going to pass. You'll do great - the course looks excellent for a time improvement!

I also run with my phone clipped to my pants (again, due to the 'I Hate Things on My Arms' issue), with this cute phone case:

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-Belt-Cl...1427306612&sr=8-5&keywords=iphone+5+case+clip

But it would've been nice to have it clipped somewhere other than my pants for that distance because of the sweat factor. Ewwww.

I love this! So you just clipped it to your pant waist? You didn't feel as though it was slipping at all?

I have a flipbelt - whoever said it is amazing how much it holds was right on point. But, I only use it with certain shorts or tights and if I am on a long run. I also used it for TOT so I could wear my space print leggings :) But usually I buy shorts/pants with a zipper pocket in the back (phone, pencil slim bert's bees chapstick, tiny packet of biofreeze just in case!) and then I put my 1 or 2 gels in the internal pocket. It can be annoying at first, but before you know it you are taking them so the problem is gone before it starts rubbing or anything. I actually don't like to drink much during runs and for races I just use the water stops, so I just carry a small powerade bottle (sometimes only half full) and toss it when I am done, or since I run back the same way, I stash it and grab it on my way back. I'm that person that has to use the restroom every 5 min so less is more here!

V&A is still on our Disney Bucket List. Our plan is to visit F&W everyday with a meal or two being from kiosks. Also planning to drink around the world kiosks at least one day. Gotta space out my Scotch flight with Tequila flight this time. Last time was no bueno.

Love this. Funny! I bet I will see you there!

I love this! So you just clipped it to your pant waist? You didn't feel as though it was slipping at all?

Yup! I bought it because I figured, at like $6 I wasn't out a whole ton if I didn't like it. And it's great! It's light, but it feels really stable - even with all the bouncing/movement/etc. from running! I even just use it as my every day case now (I only clip it to my running pants), but it's slim-line enough that it fits in my back pocket or a tiny purse.

As promised, the info on interval runs on a treadmill:
Make: Life Fitness
Model: 95T All of them at the JCC are the same make and model. They have 2 of them though that are different, especially the screen. I don't know what sub-model or option add on they have, but they're the 2 where we know how to use run/walk (or run/run) intervals.
  1. Select Workout
  2. Click Advanced button
  3. Click Sport Training
  4. Select Speed Interval
  5. Enter weight
  6. Enter time
  7. Enter incline
  8. Enter "jog speed"
  9. Enter "run speed"
And it starts! It begins at jog speed, and you can't change from jog speed to run speed during the warm-up. Today, I set the program for 5 minutes, to see what it would do. It let me change to run speed after 3 of 5 minutes.

These seem like the same make and model, though 1-2 steps down in options, from the treadmills we have seen in the fitness centers on the DCL ships.

4 miles here today for me. Capital 10 Miler in Harrisburg on Sunday.

Thanks! I will check tomorrow when I go back down to see if we have those treadmills at work. And maybe our will have something similar if they aren't the same. I just got back from running 2 miles and don't feel like going back today, lol!

I have a Nathan hydration belt that holds 4 10oz (I think) bottles. I usually fill 2 with Gatorade/Powerade/Nunn and 2 with water. I only use it on a long run. I'll use whatever is on the course for race day. Fuel is still a work in progress, even after 2 marathons and 7 halfs. I've learned to get a gel down on race day, but won't use them during training. (I know, that goes against all running rules.) The consistency is just plain gross, but I like the results when I use one. Fuel for long runs can consist of pretzels, Honey Stinger chews or Honey Stinger waffles. I have a Spibelt that I'll use on race day, too.

My first half marathon of the season is Sunday. - The Love Run in Philadelphia. I ran it last year in the pouring rain. Forcast for Sunday is cold, but sunny. :goodvibes

Heck yeah! That's my plan as well. I'm 'kidnapping' the BFF and spending one day doing the crawl. France starts serving at 9. :drinking:
In 2013 we started with Mexico. Got the Tequila flight. Had 2 of something in China, something in one of those middle countries, tasted my DW frozen strawberry whatever in France, then made it to the Scotland pavilion for the Scotch flight. Then we rode soarin. Somewhere there is a picture of me laying down on a bench upstairs in the land pavilion after Soarin. All I remember saying is that I needed to sit down a minute. Yeah I definitely need to pace myself better this go around. With so many trips to Epcot, I'll be able to get a better taste of everything and still enjoy the libations :drinking1

Drinking Around the World is my most favorite thing to do at WDW - the husband likes it because he can try a bunch of "unique" beers to check-in on his Untapped app.

I always buy one of those kids Passports and write down what drinks I have in each country and how I rate them. If I'm feeling exceptionally silly, I have the bartender sign the Passport. :D

I'm so excited for F&W Fest. Husband and I would go every off weekend when we lived in Orlando, and this will be our first time since we moved away in 2003. Extra bonus - I'll be an Annual Passholder this time!

In 2013 we started with Mexico. Got the Tequila flight. Had 2 of something in China, something in one of those middle countries, tasted my DW frozen strawberry whatever in France, then made it to the Scotland pavilion for the Scotch flight. Then we rode soarin. Somewhere there is a picture of me laying down on a bench upstairs in the land pavilion after Soarin. All I remember saying is that I needed to sit down a minute. Yeah I definitely need to pace myself better this go around. With so many trips to Epcot, I'll be able to get a better taste of everything and still enjoy the libations :drinking1

:rotfl2: at the thought you after Soarin'! Anytime I see some kind of flight on a menu I'm so tempted but I know the BFF will never let me live it down if I end up laid out on a bench at Epcot, lol. Thinking about starting with a mimosa or adult slush in France, some Viking Coffee in Norway, then hitting La Cava at noon in Mexico, and finishing off with beers from America, Germany and the UK Pavilion. Not to mention hitting some booths along the way! :cool1:

You said, "I just need to sit down for a minute."

I said that that was fine and checked my phone. I turned around about 20 seconds later and see this:
1452154_924288427606_82850845_n.jpg

:worship: This ^^ is the best post I've seen in a while!

It was especially funny to me because he doesn't ever drink like that. Just a drink or two with meals occasionally. So in ten years I had never seen him this way. Later, he lightly hassled the cast member that said Figment was closed. He really wanted to ride it. (Luckily the CM seemed mildly amused instead of annoyed.) He very loudly complained that that area closes too early. I told him he was being "that obnoxious guy" and he said sorry and started whispering.

Actually, now that I think about it, he was Baymax after they fell through the window and his battery was low.

:drinking1I love drinking around the world. That is how I spent my 29th birthday, followed by a happy birthday voicemail in our room from Mickey when we got back!

I know people complain, but...I've seen some hysterical things at F&W. I saw a guy laying on the ground in front of an empty bench, and a group of guys in kilts dancing on the fountains of the American pavilion. Ridiculous yes, but it was harmless and funny! I think it is great that they made the new Trader Sam's 21 and over after 8pm too - there is a good portion of guests who are adults and want to have fun too! EP is actually my favorite due to the more adult feel.

:drinking1I love drinking around the world. That is how I spent my 29th birthday, followed by a happy birthday voicemail in our room from Mickey when we got back!

I know people complain, but...I've seen some hysterical things at F&W. I saw a guy laying on the ground in front of an empty bench, and a group of guys in kilts dancing on the fountains of the American pavilion. Ridiculous yes, but it was harmless and funny! I think it is great that they made the new Trader Sam's 21 and over after 8pm too - there is a good portion of guests who are adults and want to have fun too! EP is actually my favorite due to the more adult feel.

I'm with you! Adults make the $$ to take their families to WDW - we should get to have fun, too!

I know people trash F&W because adults imbibe and it ruins the family experience, but c'mon ...

I ran the Rock 'n' Roll Dallas 1/2 Marathon this past Sunday. New PR and first sub 3 hour half marathon. 02:55:00. I'm hoping to be down to a 02:30:00 by W&D. Of course I ended up with a stress fracture in my 4th metatarsal near the cuboid of my left foot. I got a stress fracture in my 2nd metatarsal (right foot) shortly after Christmas 2014 and still managed to complete Dopey 2015 (in pain). These stress fractures are not fun at all.

My DW and I walked the Rock 'n' Roll Dallas 5K this past Saturday. The 5K and 1/2 together is called the Remix Challenge and gives you an extra medal.
I like how RnR does their corrals. The first 2 numbers of your bib is your expected pace. So I was bib 13306 putting me in corral 13. Corrals went up to 16. Wave start just like Disney. I pretty much stayed with other 13 and 14's, a few 11 and 12's that slowed down, but it was a nice change. Of course there were no character stops to mess up the placement either, but that's a different story.

I have another 1/2 in 3 weeks. Dallas Big D 1/2. I hope I'm healed up enough for that one. It's a nice mainly flat course. Then PDC in May at DL.
Wow! That is very insightful! I'm going to run the SF rock n roll this Sunday and was wondering about the correl placement. There are going to be a total of 14 corrals and I have been placed in correl number 13 because I wrote down to expect to be finish in 3 hours. I was shocked to find out that correl number 14 will be placed in front of correl number 1 and get a 15 min head start as their expected finish time is 3 hours and 30 min or more.

Love those celebration photos! After finishing the TOT run last year, I happily took my brother's beer from his hands ... It tasted SO GOOD!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 11

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter