Wine and Dine 2015

As you are renting points, remember that once the seven month window opens, any DVC member can book the Boardwalk Villas or the Beach Club Villas (subject to availability) and will likely fill up extremely quickly. If there is someone who you know to rent points for a stay at one of these and it is important to you, I would suggest doing so prior to the seven month window opening.

The villas also have a quiet pool that we use more than the clown pool. It has it's own hot tub that most people tend to forget about. As far as renting points, I am a DVC BWV member and as of right now, all the studio and 1 bedroom villas are sold out for that weekend. I have a one bedroom reserved right now, but I'm on a waitlist for a studio and hoping that when the 7 month window opens, some more rooms become available.

Yes I was planning on booking pre 7 month magical booking date - I'm still confused about how that applies to inventory though because I don't usually do it this far out. At the 7 month mark are more rooms made available?

Edit - is the quiet pool hot tub the one in the garden that is kind of separated from the pool area? It has been so long since I was at BWI...but I remember having a first floor room and walking right from our patio to it. It was gorgeous!

Last edited:
Yes I was planning on booking pre 7 month magical booking date - I'm still confused about how that applies to inventory though because I don't usually do it this far out. At the 7 month mark are more rooms made available?

Edit - is the quiet pool hot tub the one in the garden that is kind of separated from the pool area? It has been so long since I was at BWI...but I remember having a first floor room and walking right from our patio to it. It was gorgeous!

At 7 months people can make reservations at other resorts besides their home resort. I was wondering how many people booked at their home (BW) now just to get a room secured, and then will try to get another resort at the 7 month mark.

The quiet pool for BWV is on the other side by the pathway to HS, near the community hall. I think you are referring to the BWI quiet pool.

For those of us not already registered, we now officially have less than a week!

I'm already registered (ehem lol). And I am still stressed out for the 17th!! Just so you guys know, with my luck and all that trouble registering, the race will likely take all day to sell out. Just to spite me :rolleyes:

At 7 months people can make reservations at other resorts besides their home resort. I was wondering how many people booked at their home (BW) now just to get a room secured, and then will try to get another resort at the 7 month mark.

The quiet pool for BWV is on the other side by the pathway to HS, near the community hall. I think you are referring to the BWI quiet pool.

I see - so openings from people leaving and moving to another resort and dropping their safety room. Thank you!

I'm already registered (ehem lol). And I am still stressed out for the 17th!! Just so you guys know, with my luck and all that trouble registering, the race will likely take all day to sell out. Just to spite me :rolleyes:

That's how I felt with Tink's registration for this year. My friend got in early with her AP, but I was waiting until general registration (has anything actually come out of them saying they are getting stricter about actual AP/DVC members being the ones to register early) and we were both so stressed that I would/wouldn't be able to get in. And of course it took ages to actually sell out.

Well I checked on the race's website and on the USATF site and couldn't find either of the local 10Ks I'm interested in. So, I'm assuming they aren't certified that I can find. If runD says it must be certified, then I'll contact the race organizers for one last final check.
Definitely worth contacting the race org to find out! Around me, there are a few course layouts that are USATF certified and a number of different race orgs use them - so race org A may have had the course measured and certified, but race org B is using the same exact course: org B won't bother having it measured and certified again, since the course is already on record with USATF. So I'm wondering... can you maybe go through USATF to see if the course in question is on record with them?

I am also trying to decide where to stay for this. I love, love the epcot area resorts. And with the festival and the after party it would be so convenient. I would like to spend a few hours at the pool before the race. As well as some afternoon breaks during the day (likely arriving Thursday night and staying through Monday). But, I just stayed at BC in Oct. for TOT. So while I adore stormalong bay, I am wondering if I should go with Boardwalk instead to try something new. I believe both of the villas are being refurbed this year, but Boardwalk is cheaper. (I am renting points so this is all subject to availability). My only reservation is that clown. That pool area...I'm just not feeling all that sold on it. lol. Anyone have any thoughts??
I know it isn't in my budget, but I'd love to stay in the EP resorts area, too. And yep, I've experienced the clown pool first-hand: it wasn't so bad lol! There's plenty of room around the pool deck to lounge, so you don't have to be face to face with that monstrosity. ;)

I doubt there will be any significant changes to the course, unless its dosging construction at DAK or DHS. From what I heard on WDWToday, the Osborne Lights have a high probability of returning as they cannot afford to cut something else from the park right now.
Oh, this is so reassuring!!! The O Lights were truly the highlight of the race for me - I'm a HUGE fan of them and miss the old days when we could wander around freely with low crowds, so running through them with so few other people around was amazing. Finger crossed we get them again!

Oh, this is so reassuring!!! The O Lights were truly the highlight of the race for me - I'm a HUGE fan of them and miss the old days when we could wander around freely with low crowds, so running through them with so few other people around was amazing. Finger crossed we get them again!

I know mine will be. As someone who has never seen them before I would love to run through them.

Eagerly counting down to next Tuesday! :fish:

We are already booked at BWI. Check out the 7 in 7 podcast from last month about; helped sell it to us! Thought Pete did have some colorful words about that slide, I seem to recall.

8 miles on the treadmill this morning, and not feeling too bad. Happily watching the foot of new snow from last Thursday melt, so we can get back outside to run.

DH and I stayed at BWV on rented points the first part of our Marathon trip in January. That location is unbeatable...but that clown!! :guilty: Unfortunately we didn't make time to enjoy the pools/hot tubs because we used it as nap time instead bc of the early mornings. Wish we could spring to stay there again on this trip but we are on a super budget since we are going to DL for DDD in September also... Disney is getting so much of my money this year. I think we are going to stay at Pop this time. I just need to book it.

Well, according to the runDisney site, the Avengers Half weekend now has a 10K and a challenge, which makes the Wine and Dine the ONLY runDisney distance race to not offer a challenge.Avengers 2015.jpg

@jeanigor I went to runDisney.com and saw those links...refreshed the page and now they are not there anymore! Looks like they accidentally went live prematurely for a second.

ETA: They reappear when I open a new webpage...then refresh and they're gone again.

I don't suspect they have things like that just sitting around ready to be implemented for no reason...we shall see when they announce something next. If so, I have to decide if I want to do a third back to back coast to coast weekend. (And when I should just start direct depositing a chunk of my check directly into runDisney's coffers...)

It's going to be another late announcement, just like the Tinker Bell 10K was last year. Wish they'd just get on it already. I'm not interested in Avengers, but I know a few people who are and will only want to do the 10K when it's announced.

That would be cool t do Avengers, but I can't make it to SoCal to see my parents or for my high school reunion so I think everyone would be mad if I went home for a race! (Although I'm pretty sure it's better motivation! )

That's not going to happen. I'm trying to sign up, so with my luck, it will be the fastest selling race ever and sell out in like 20 minutes. :p

To the people talking about the course, I really hope they don't change it due to the closures at DHS. And I really hope the Osborne Lights are still around. Running through there is one of the huge things that attracted me to Wine and Dine.

And I got in my first outdoor run in almost 2 months today! I didn't do too much (a little less than 3 miles) due to feeling a possible cold coming on and not wanting to overdo it right away, but it was so nice!

I ran for the first time since Princess today. I have seriously been slacking. I told my husband that's why I have to sign up for W&D…I need motivation. Races are motivating!

We are finally seeing somewhat decent temps but now we have rain! Tomorrow would have been a great outside ruN day but with on and off rain and a ton of melted snow, my running trail will be a muddy mess
Can someone tell me what kind of 10k time I would need to submit to be in a decent corral? I normally run a 10:30-10:45 min/mile. Will this get me an ok placement or do I need to seriously train before May for my 10k?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter