Wine and Dine 2015

Great costume! I ran as B&W "Steamboat Minnie" at the princess a few years ago. If you think that hat will become a problem while running just put a flower on a black - running specific cap. Form follows function...

ETA: again sorry it's so huge! Don't know what's up with that??

Do you really care? In photobucket I created a folder that is named 320X240. I resized images and then moved them to that 320X240 folder.

You could resize before uploading to photobucket

or resize in photobucket on a PC...

Steps are something like:
1. choose image
2. select edit (paint brush in box icon)
3. resize (320X240 for landscape images, 240X320 portrait) choose apply
4. move to 320X240 folder (from the gear icon)

Now you can upload the smaller image tags to disboards.

d57587d1-6708-4372-ab2c-8d0d6f0db627.jpg

Should I go as "Steamboat Minnie" too? I have an Animal House - Bluto costume ready to go.

Last edited:
fbf8922d-26d5-442f-bbec-51d2a114da1b.jpg

I used ears similar to the ones in Keels' avatar; the red ribbon is stuffed inside Minnie's hat.

Last edited:
Great costume! I ran as B&W "Steamboat Minnie" at the princess a few years ago. If you think that hat will become a problem while running just put a flower on a black - running specific cap. Form follows function...

Do you really care? In photobucket I created a folder that is named 320X240. I resized images and then moved them to that 320X240 folder.

You could resize before uploading to photobucket

or resize in photobucket on a PC...

Steps are something like:
1. choose image
2. select edit (paint brush in box icon)
3. resize (320X240 for landscape images, 240X320 portrait) choose apply
4. move to 320X240 folder (from the gear icon)

Now you can upload the smaller image tags to disboards.

d57587d1-6708-4372-ab2c-8d0d6f0db627.jpg

Should I go as "Steamboat Minnie" too? I have an Animal House - Bluto costume ready to go.

I DO care, lol! Thanks! I will work on figuring it out. I'm sure everyone doesn't want to see a gigantic picture of me and my messy house lol! And if I don't wear the hat I will hurt my DD25's feelings I think. I think it will be fine - I have run in it and it doesn't bother me. I considered the ears headband but they squish my head and give me a headache. Your costume is so cute! I am not doing gloves. I get too hot when I run. DD25 is doing Steamboat Micky. :)

I'm not sure about the rest of you but running has seriously jacked up my feet! I am dealing with what I guess is a corn. It's on the inside of my little toe, I guess it has rubbed against my other toe. It's been there for months and I think it started out as a blister. It doesn't always bother me a lot but sometimes, like today it hurts quite a bit, especially after I'm done running.
I'm hoping someone has some experience and possibly a remedy!?!

There are corn-remover things you can get at the drug store. Basically a moleskin pad and some chemical to dissolve the corn. However, if it's not super painful when you run I'm not sure how much you want to mess with it this close to the race. It may very well be (temporarily) more painful to remove that corn than to just leave it alone for now and try moleskin.

At this point in training, my body is all kinds of messed up. Seems like a new body part pipes up every time I go for a run. Right now, there's something going on with my Achilles, I guess? I don't know what it is, but if I straighten my leg and flex my foot I get a sharp pain right at the bony part of the back of my heel. Almost like the pain you would get from dress shoes rubbing a blister on the back of your heel, but there's definitely nothing visibly wrong. Doesn't hurt if I'm just walking around or if I flex my foot with my knee bent, just in that very specific position. :shrug:

@Dis5150 your outfit is so cute. I think it looks great

@flatlandcycle I would totally go with Animal House Bluto. Love that!

DATABASE IS ATTACHED!

No bib numbers yet - but watch this link tomorrow ... change the dropdown to 2015.

http://live.xacte.com/winedine/index.html

EDIT: This will only be for Half Marathon ... but that means we're only a few days away from waivers being up!

You are the best. You are a backdoor link wizard!!! So excited for the waivers!!! It's getting really close now.

So - has anyone signed up for any special W&D events? I'm so on the fence for, oh, about a million of them!

We're doing the Party for the Senses on Halloween Night, but so far that's the only thing I've registered for. Thinking about the Burger Block Party on the 6th, but beer-nerd husband is super picky and wants to see a beer list first.

Thought about the Parisian Breakfast after the 5k, before the half, but IDK that I'll be able to stay away from the mimosas/bellinis. What's a girl to do??

So - has anyone signed up for any special W&D events? I'm so on the fence for, oh, about a million of them!

We're doing the Party for the Senses on Halloween Night, but so far that's the only thing I've registered for. Thinking about the Burger Block Party on the 6th, but beer-nerd husband is super picky and wants to see a beer list first.

Thought about the Parisian Breakfast after the 5k, before the half, but IDK that I'll be able to stay away from the mimosas/bellinis. What's a girl to do??

I'm doing the Citricos Wine Dinner on the 6th with my husband. At least with that, my husband can detox his body during the 5k (which he's doing at my pace anyway) and have the alcohol out of his system by the half.

I wouldn't do the Parisian Breakfast - the mimosas are so free flowing that it would be tempting!

You won't see a beer list officially until the night of the party. That event is getting good reviews though.

I haven't even made any reservations for anything yet... or bought tickets. :o

We won't be doing any events except MVMCP on Sunday. I need to make some food reservations hopefully this weekend after SO talks to his folks and finds out if they are comfortable watching our dog. He's had a lot of health problems since March (surgery to remove tumor in his ribs along with 4 of his ribs and 4 rounds of chemo), and while he's generally healthy now, all that stuff took a toll on him and he's really showing his age (almost 13) and his legs and back end don't quite work like they should anymore. It's sad because he was doing pretty well in June after he'd recovered from his surgery but hadn't started his chemo yet. :( So SO might be staying here and I'll be semi-solo... I'm waiting to buy our tickets and make reservations once he decides about that. I won't be totally alone, though, my parents live on the SW coast and they are coming up for a couple days, so I'd just be traveling and doing like a day and a half solo.

I'm not sure about the rest of you but running has seriously jacked up my feet! I am dealing with what I guess is a corn. It's on the inside of my little toe, I guess it has rubbed against my other toe. It's been there for months and I think it started out as a blister. It doesn't always bother me a lot but sometimes, like today it hurts quite a bit, especially after I'm done running.
I'm hoping someone has some experience and possibly a remedy!?!
You can buy corn cushions that slip over the toes or use blister block bandages

I haven't even made any reservations for anything yet... or bought tickets. :o

We won't be doing any events except MVMCP on Sunday. I need to make some food reservations hopefully this weekend after SO talks to his folks and finds out if they are comfortable watching our dog. He's had a lot of health problems since March (surgery to remove tumor in his ribs along with 4 of his ribs and 4 rounds of chemo), and while he's generally healthy now, all that stuff took a toll on him and he's really showing his age (almost 13) and his legs and back end don't quite work like they should anymore. It's sad because he was doing pretty well in June after he'd recovered from his surgery but hadn't started his chemo yet. :( So SO might be staying here and I'll be semi-solo... I'm waiting to buy our tickets and make reservations once he decides about that. I won't be totally alone, though, my parents live on the SW coast and they are coming up for a couple days, so I'd just be traveling and doing like a day and a half solo.

Oh no!!! Poor Puppy Dog!! I'll keep him in my thoughts for some good puppy JuJu!

I have a ticket to MNSSHP on the 1st (just me solo), and for MVMCP on the 8th (for both of us). Of course, our whole plan right now is in flux because of baseball right now. I'm hoping I'll be able to lock stuff down. I know we can cancel our Halloween Party of the Senses tickets if we can't get to Orlando by then, and I'm willing to eat the MNSSHP ticket if my team makes the World Series ... but we have to do W&D. Ugh. Baseball!

*Falls over dead from reading about doing that many halves in a row, let alone thinking about actually doing them* :rotfl2:
I blame runDisney. Got me addicted to running.

So sorry if this is a stupid question but I have never done a character meet before. I signed DD25 and I up for Meet Micky in Town Square Theater Fast Pass on Sunday. Will this allow us to get pics with Micky with our medals? I am not counting on any character pics during the race as I just want to focus on finishing (and not getting swept!), but wanted to get SOMETHING lol.
After Tinkerbell, we went to Pixie Hollow at DL and met Iridessa and Tink. I took all 10 disney medals including my Dopey medals.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8PHV0YcZwxLSHZWNlhjZlFLNUk
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8PHV0YcZwxLVVhGaTBXZmV3VmM
I plan to have all 12 disney medals with me at W&D for character pics. :rolleyes1

Okay so I have a stupid question.. How do the waivers work? ? Do we electronically sign them or something??
Get it, print it, sign it, take it to the expo. Easy peazy.

DATABASE IS ATTACHED!

No bib numbers yet - but watch this link tomorrow ... change the dropdown to 2015.

http://live.xacte.com/winedine/index.html

EDIT: This will only be for Half Marathon ... but that means we're only a few days away from waivers being up!

Thanks Keels!

Have you been able to get your bib number? I don't see the drop down to change the date... Looks like just a results search and when I put in my name it replies "no results"

Oh no!!! Poor Puppy Dog!! I'll keep him in my thoughts for some good puppy JuJu!

I have a ticket to MNSSHP on the 1st (just me solo), and for MVMCP on the 8th (for both of us). Of course, our whole plan right now is in flux because of baseball right now. I'm hoping I'll be able to lock stuff down. I know we can cancel our Halloween Party of the Senses tickets if we can't get to Orlando by then, and I'm willing to eat the MNSSHP ticket if my team makes the World Series ... but we have to do W&D. Ugh. Baseball!
@Keels I understand completely! I am a HUGE SF Giants fan and last year baseball dominated my life.
DH - "Want to go to dinner?"
Me - "Let me check what time the game is on first."
Etc. Etc. Etc. Lol!
Everyone says it's sour grapes, but I am honestly relieved we (Giants) didn't make the playoffs! I was so stressed out last year and I can actually make PLANS for things without waiting to see the outcome of a game/series, lol! Rooting for your Rangers for the AL team for the WS, as they are the most local team to me here in Arkansas. :)

@Keels I understand completely! I am a HUGE SF Giants fan and last year baseball dominated my life.
DH - "Want to go to dinner?"
Me - "Let me check what time the game is on first."
Etc. Etc. Etc. Lol!
Everyone says it's sour grapes, but I am honestly relieved we (Giants) didn't make the playoffs! I was so stressed out last year and I can actually make PLANS for things without waiting to see the outcome of a game/series, lol! Rooting for your Rangers for the AL team for the WS, as they are the most local team to me here in Arkansas. :)

My team (Yankees) is out. When we were watching them lose the Wildcard game I said to hubby "Oh good. Now I won't have to care about the rest of the baseball season."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter