• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wine and Dine 2015

Weird, I have not gotten any email about this reception. In fact, I haven't gotten any email from runDisney in quite a while... not since the "registration opens tomorrow" email about Tink 2016. :confused:

Neither have I. Last email I got was 9/21. I have a question. When does the Official Event Guide come out and where is it? On the runDisney site or email? Also, what exactly is the iGift bag and how are you supposed to check it?

Neither have I. Last email I got was 9/21. I have a question. When does the Official Event Guide come out and where is it? On the runDisney site or email? Also, what exactly is the iGift bag and how are you supposed to check it?
The Tink one that was my last one was even longer ago, 8/10. Oh well, I just signed up again for the mailing list in case it somehow got unsubscribed.

The iGiftBag gets linked on the website when it's available. Stuff got periodically added to it for Tink, although nothing in it was particularly exciting. :)

The link to the event guide came in the same email that notified us that the event waiver was ready to be downloaded and signed, which was the email that we got our corral info from, approx. 1 month before the race. But the guide itself was on the website, so if you don't get the email, it doesn't really matter.

Hey all, been away a bit due to travels then returning and then getting back into the swing of things.

Did not run for nearly two weeks after getting back from my trip. I know, bad me. Long runs are always weekend runs for me, thanks to the ole paycheck ;) and the first saturday that I was back I lost to still trying to get the body clock back on Eastern US time, picking up my 6S Plus, and therapy with DH. So this weekend was the first weekend I could run (I landed back in the US on 9/21 if anyone is trying to do the math) and I did 10.5 miles in 2 hours. Not really happy with it. I think I lost some conditioning, but given my daily mileage for walking while gone was a minimum of 10 and maxed out one day at 25- you'd think I would be where I left off. But then again, I ran on 9/10 and flew out on 9/11; so it had technically been nearly 3 weeks since I ran now that I think about it. Anyway, I averaged about 11:30 miles, so I guess not too shabby.

Either way, I set out to run for time with a side or secondary goal to at least make it to 10 miles in that time. I picked 2 hours because I know when I first started running, my estimated finish was like 2:45. Now it's about 2:30. Next weekend I will run for 2:10 or 2:15, which should get me to past where I need to be (ie running more time or miles than I need) the weekend of Halloween. I will be in taper mode that week leading into the race.

I'm feeling the post run soreness today a bit more than I remember ever feeling it before, and that last 30 minutes of my run was a total mind game but I 'got er done' so to speak. Towards the end it wasn't beautiful; but I did it and now I know I can do it. All in all, not a bad run, not a great run, but it was a run :D

So to join in on all the convos I missed:

• Staying at BLT (we're DVC) for the race.
  • Was going to do an AP renewal but my word them prices!! (Disney hiked the prices yesterday for all who missed it, and looks like eliminated the two coast Premier pass which is what I was planning on since I'll be doing Tink in May) Seriously? I need to take out a second job just to buy AP's. Which means I'm now on the fence between Mil Salute and Run Disney. Price difference for the days we're looking at is about $75 but it means adding in another stop over at SOG before getting into the parks vs just going straight to will call. Though, mil peeps- you might know the answer to this: do we still have the option to get the military salute tickets at the window and just pay taxes? If so, I may do that.
  • No new shoes, but because of the great flooded race of 2014 (ie last year's wine and dine) am considering a pair of Ryka's or bringing my Saloman's to run in just in case. I can be wet, I can be wet and cold, but if my feet are wet and cold? That's the proverbial straw. lol
  • For those who talking about the SparkleSkirts, I too am tall, long legged and short torosed. And my skirt fits just above my belly button- but not much higher. HikerChic probably would go higher on me, but I wear swings almost exclusively (in terms of when I wear a SS).
  • Speaking of, does anyone remember if they said for sure whether they'd be at W&D? I feel like they said yes to it and Princess, but were still waiting to hear on if they got approved for Tink; but could be mixing it all up. Would like to get a new skirt, but at this point, not sure it'd arrive before the race.
  • Last, someone mentioned Peggy Sue not being there anymore? Was this the wonderful lady who held up the sign that read "I don't know you, but I'm proud of you" or something similar? What happened to her??
Happy running all!!

Forgot to ask: Has there been any news on what any of the merchandise actually looks like? Any specific stuff like new NB shoes or a Dooney that anyone has heard about???

Other than yesterdays $199 early access to merchandise grab that got sent out; I haven't gotten a RD email for W/D in a long while. Assuming if they had released the waivers, I'd have seen someone mention it- but just to be sure: the waivers/corral placement haven't come out have they??

• Was going to do an AP renewal but my word them prices!! (Disney hiked the prices yesterday for all who missed it, and looks like eliminated the two coast Premier pass which is what I was planning on since I'll be doing Tink in May) Seriously? I need to take out a second job just to buy AP's. Which means I'm now on the fence between Mil Salute and Run Disney. Price difference for the days we're looking at is about $75 but it means adding in another stop over at SOG before getting into the parks vs just going straight to will call. Though, mil peeps- you might know the answer to this: do we still have the option to get the military salute tickets at the window and just pay taxes? If so, I may do that.
Welcome back!

The premier pass is still available. It will now cost $1,439 (plus tax which can vary where you purchase it in Florida or California). Looks like my park time will soon be limited to runDisney courses, post race parties and hard ticket events like MNSSHP & MVMCP.

Last edited:
Forgot to ask: Has there been any news on what any of the merchandise actually looks like? Any specific stuff like new NB shoes or a Dooney that anyone has heard about???

Other than yesterdays $199 early access to merchandise grab that got sent out; I haven't gotten a RD email for W/D in a long while. Assuming if they had released the waivers, I'd have seen someone mention it- but just to be sure: the waivers/corral placement haven't come out have they??
They haven't done a Dooney for this race weekend in the past, but there's a Food & Wine festival Dooney that's out. Merch previews normally aren't until the week of the race...they seem to be waiting longer and longer to release stuff.

You'd see tons of posts here about "I'm in corral X!" if that info was out yet! ;) Someone will figure out the link before it goes live, I'm sure. Welcome back!

Okay, I just read the description for the Welcome Reception. $199 for a 1.5-hour event?? They have lost their minds!

Or maybe they haven't, because you know someone will sign up!

Welcome back!

The premier pass is still available. It will now cost $1,439 (plus tax which can vary where you purchase it in Florida or California). Looks like my park time will soon be limited to runDisney courses, post race parties and hard ticket events like MNSSHP & MVMCP.

Exactly! Off the cuff, I feel like that price is quite a bit more than it was before. Wasn't it only like $800ish before? And on top of which, the DVC pass is now a gold with lockout dates or we go to platinum like everyone else. For a two person household, with taxes, we're talking around $1000-1200 bucks. Add in another $1200 in maintenance fees for BLT (which is by no means the most expensive mf's in the DVC portfolio), the actual loan for DVC at $400 a month (sigh, this would happen as we hit the halfway paid for mark, wouldn't it?), plus airfare (usually $600 a trip for two, but sometimes 800 or 1k), and food? The mouse has taken more than his share of my annual income. I vote with my dollars and my dollars are starting to think of vacationing non disney full time.

Compare this- An annual pass to HKDL cost me about 850HKD. Yeah, you read that right. When I was there, the exchange rate made it about $105. That was for the cheapest one, but the next one up would have still been under $150. My four days of park hopping tickets at TKDLR? 22,000Y. That's about $220. Now, why oh why are the US parks so much more? Why? The resorts are cleaner, better maintained, and have better food over there!!

I'm honestly thinking it's time to sell the DVC, and Disney (at least in the US) will become a distant memory for us. I can't even imagine what a household with kids or less income must be thinking, but I'm pretty sure it's no longer "hey, we can go to Disney this year" lol

They haven't done a Dooney for this race weekend in the past, but there's a Food & Wine festival Dooney that's out. Merch previews normally aren't until the week of the race...they seem to be waiting longer and longer to release stuff.

You'd see tons of posts here about "I'm in corral X!" if that info was out yet! ;) Someone will figure out the link before it goes live, I'm sure. Welcome back!

Thanks! I was *pretty* sure that I would have seen it, hence why I said I'd assume that since I didn't it hadn't happened- but then, I did kind of gloss over those 10 pages. lol

Okay, I just read the description for the Welcome Reception. $199 for a 1.5-hour event?? They have lost their minds!

Or maybe they haven't, because you know someone will sign up!

They must've been drinking the same kool-aid those responsible for ticket and pass prices were. I wish they'd share the good stuff now and again.:rolleyes1

Because it's just an hour and a half (is that in addition to or outside of the 1 hour early access shopping?) I just thought $200 was too much as well. When I read the email, I was like :rotfl2:

I get in on Thursday night, but my plane doesn't land until like 7. I'm not going to rearrange flights and work (even if I could) for that. I know it was out there for a while because I feel like I came across it when I was checking on something else with my registration- but still- feels like a money grab to me :confused:

Exactly! Off the cuff, I feel like that price is quite a bit more than it was before. Wasn't it only like $800ish before? And on top of which, the DVC pass is now a gold with lockout dates or we go to platinum like everyone else. For a two person household, with taxes, we're talking around $1000-1200 bucks. Add in another $1200 in maintenance fees for BLT (which is by no means the most expensive mf's in the DVC portfolio), the actual loan for DVC at $400 a month (sigh, this would happen as we hit the halfway paid for mark, wouldn't it?), plus airfare (usually $600 a trip for two, but sometimes 800 or 1k), and food? The mouse has taken more than his share of my annual income. I vote with my dollars and my dollars are starting to think of vacationing non disney full time.

I bought one the first year it was offered. It was around $800. The one I purchased in November last year was around $1,100 pre tax. I did get my use out of it this time around though. Off the top of my head, 20 days in WDW parks and 12 days in DLR parks.

They must've been drinking the same kool-aid those responsible for ticket and pass prices were. I wish they'd share the good stuff now and again.:rolleyes1

Because it's just an hour and a half (is that in addition to or outside of the 1 hour early access shopping?) I just thought $200 was too much as well. When I read the email, I was like :rotfl2:

I get in on Thursday night, but my plane doesn't land until like 7. I'm not going to rearrange flights and work (even if I could) for that. I know it was out there for a while because I feel like I came across it when I was checking on something else with my registration- but still- feels like a money grab to me :confused:
I completely agree.

Speaking of, does anyone remember if they said for sure whether they'd be at W&D? I feel like they said yes to it and Princess, but were still waiting to hear on if they got approved for Tink; but could be mixing it all up. Would like to get a new skirt, but at this point, not sure it'd arrive before the race.
They were definitely at Tink this year, I remember seeing the booth with all the racks of skirts, and I just looked at the event guide to double check.

Mine got here super fast... I ordered it on the 22nd, it shipped out the 23rd, and got here the 25th.

Yeah, I'm not real thrilled about the AP increase for Florida Residents. It's almost not worth it for me to buy one now - I understand it was to add in PhotoPass downloads, but I'll mostly be going to the parks by myself and for just a couple of hours when I go ... I don't want photos. And now there's no discounted Florida Resident AP that is free of blackout dates.

I gotta do the math and see if it's worth it to just bite the bullet and shell out for the Premiere Passport since my the AP I could normally get for $500ish to WDW is now going to cost over $700. #Frustration

Though, mil peeps- you might know the answer to this: do we still have the option to get the military salute tickets at the window and just pay taxes? If so, I may do that.

Yes, you can definitely purchase the military salute tickets at the gate and pay tax on them. Honestly for me, if I didn't have access to a base to get them ahead of time, I'd probably just purchase the tickets at the gate. I'd rather save the time. (Especially since you have to activate them anyways.)

Speaking of, does anyone remember if they said for sure whether they'd be at W&D? I feel like they said yes to it and Princess, but were still waiting to hear on if they got approved for Tink; but could be mixing it all up. Would like to get a new skirt, but at this point, not sure it'd arrive before the race.

I believe they have W&D listed on their site under events, but in any case, my friend got a new skirt earlier this week and they said "see you at Wine & Dine" on her note.

I believe they have W&D listed on their site under events, but in any case, my friend got a new skirt earlier this week and they said "see you at Wine & Dine" on her note.
You are right, they have listed it on that page... as I realize that maybe the previous poster meant that they were pending for Princess and Tink for *next* year. :) They are still listed as pending for Avengers, Star Wars, Princess, and Tink, but W&D does not say pending.

I was reading over the safety portion of the email and noticed that it mentioned that headphones are discouraged... I definitely want music while I run. Do most people wear them anyway? I could do one ear bud if there is a lot you need to listen to during race. What does everyone plan to do?

Practically everyone is wearing them anyway.

I have only run Tink, but there was nothing on the course that I remember needing to listen to. I did run with one earbud out so I could hear the atmosphere and the bands and things along the route, but left the other one in for music (and my interval timer, since I was running with a phone app still then). I will probably do that again.

Hey all, I am in contact with a TA that has some packages available for W&D. To get a Race bib you need to also get accom and Park Tix from them. They also have party tix available for non-runners in your party. If you are interested then please get in contact with me. I would be happy to post their details here, but not sure if I am allowed to.

I was reading over the safety portion of the email and noticed that it mentioned that headphones are discouraged... I definitely want music while I run. Do most people wear them anyway? I could do one ear bud if there is a lot you need to listen to during race. What does everyone plan to do?

I've run Disney races with and without headphones. I find night races have a little less race "noise" so headphones certainly help. I can understand the concerns about safety, so like Miranda, I usually leave one ear bud out and one in.

LOTS of headphone wearers at Disney races. I use an app for my intervals and wear my earbuds - I just pull one out in the parks to hear all the fun stuff going on! The things they want you to hear are the pre-race announcements (which I can't hear anyway in the back corrals) and notices of stuff on the course: "ATTENTION RUNNERS - SPEED BUMP AHEAD!", "ATTENTION RUNNERS - COURSE NARROWS AHEAD!", "ATTENTION RUNNERS - SHARP RIGHT TURN AHEAD!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter