• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wine and Dine 2015

QUESTION: who out there has done the Finish Line party before? There is a slight chance that I could score a spot in this years W&D 1/2 - is the Finish Line Party worth it $$ for DH, and our 3 boys to buy tickets to? What is it like? I think I would be so exhausted after running 16.3 miles if it all pans out... do runners get in for free? I think I would feel guilty doing it alone or leaving the kids out. What do you think? What have your experiences been? We will have spent a lot of $$ for our 10 days at Disney - not sure I want t waste the whole next day sleeping or hungover! :sick:

Entry for Wine & Dine ½ runners into the Finish Line After Party is included in your registration. The party tickets you would need to purchase for the rest of your family would allow entry into Epcot about 3 hours before the official party start time of 10pm and will last until 4am. I can understand not wanting to lose the next day, especially for the kiddos.

How long will it take to know our corrals after the Proof of Time deadline (which is tomorrow)?

They release corral placement charts around the time they release race waivers (around one month before the race). This chart will be available on the runDisney website and I am sure someone will post a link here if you cannot find it on the site.

How long will it take to know our corrals after the Proof of Time deadline (which is tomorrow)?

Last year for Princess you could figure out your bib number about a month before by using the text alerts for the runners (I'm sure someone will post it as soon as it's available/they find it before it's posted to the rundisney website). And then I used the previous years corral placement to estimate my corral. It was correct. But we didn't get official bib numbers until you printed out your waiver and official corrals were in the guidebook (probably 2-3 weeks ahead of time).

ETA - looks like a couple people beat me while I was trying to get my internet to work! I hate waiting until a month before to know if they got my PoT!

Last edited:
Thank you for the reminder about PoT being due. I think I updated mine already but I would like to check to see if I did. Any ideas on how I can do that? Did they send us an email after you submit it? Or can I log into active and check somehow???

Never mind. I went back to the proof of time link and when I click update it shows the information I previously submitted. Which I did. Whew! :)

Last edited:
I have been to that page like 20 times to make sure that the link I put in is correct. And then every time I leave the page, I go back to make sure I didn't accidentally mess it up. I think it's time to double check again. :crazy2:

How is your calcium and magnesium? I used to take Rolaids extra strength as a calcium and magnesium supplement. I took something like a 1/2 tablet at breakfast and another 1/2 at lunch in prep for 4-5 hour bike rides. You may want to run this by your GP.

Do you take NSAIDS within 48 hours of running? Anything that taxes the kidneys can lead to electrolyte imbalances.

Running in 105 deg temps...

Thanks for the info. A magnesium supplement may be helpful. I do drink milk and eat yogurt. Perhaps taking a multivitamin too. Right now I only take a potassium supplement. I usually only take the NSAIDS an hour before running, to ensure the knee doesn't bother me. And running in that heat is not a usual thing; it was a one time special event that I have no intention of repeating! Yuck. Treadmills for me until September.

I finally got back out for a run this morning. I missed the last 4 days of the training plan due to a vacation and then post-vacation laziness. I did 4.2 miles, which felt pretty good minus the hot sun (at least temperatures/humidity were low and there was a breeze). I don't want to rush the end of the summer, but I'm so ready for fall.

For Tink this year they went up on 4/10, so exactly one month before. I was assuming it would be a similar time frame... although I want to know NOW! :)
I know, me too! I'm so anxious for corral placement info (especially since I'm doubtful my time will be accepted, since it technically wasn't one of the distances they list). I'm also anxious for the medals to be revealed. I just can't believe the race is just over 3 months away. We passed into double digit number of days a few days ago.

I think I would be so exhausted after running 16.3 miles if it all pans out... do runners get in for free? I think I would feel guilty doing it alone or leaving the kids out. What do you think? What have your experiences been?
Last year was my first W&D, and conditions were... well, not ideal, lol! I started in a late corral, took my good ol' time through the race, took forever to get my bag and slosh through torrential rain to wait in a long line for a restroom to change... by the time I was ready to hit the party, I had less than an hour left. Didn't do any rides or festival booths, just had time to catch up with some friends for a couple pics, then enjoyed an enormous plate of nachos and a hot cocoa as the park closed. It sounds awful, but it was wonderful!

Your W&D is going to feel easy if you run like you train!
Totally agree!

Waivers are generally released around a month to 2 weeks out, and corrals shortly after that. We've got some time :)

I'm hoping my training and hopefully better corral placement than Tink give me some time to go to the party. :) It took our corral like 45-50 min from the start to get going at Tink!

I have been to that page like 20 times to make sure that the link I put in is correct. And then every time I leave the page, I go back to make sure I didn't accidentally mess it up. I think it's time to double check again. :crazy2:

Oh god, I feel like maybe I should go back and check as well. I haven't checked in the past few weeks lol

I'm hoping my training and hopefully better corral placement than Tink give me some time to go to the party. :) It took our corral like 45-50 min from the start to get going at Tink!

Now you're scaring me!! for those of us in the slow poke Corral- we may not have time for the party either :(

My 10k time that I submitted was 1 hour 20 minutes, so I am thinking I will be in the later corrals. Even though I am steadily improving over that time, I don't have hopes of submitting an official time before the closing deadline :-(

My 10k time that I submitted was 1 hour 20 minutes, so I am thinking I will be in the later corrals. Even though I am steadily improving over that time, I don't have hopes of submitting an official time before the closing deadline :-(
I was in the very last corral as I had no PoT for Tink, and it was G, and they went off about every 10 minutes.

My 10K time was only slightly faster than what you submitted, 1:18:49. The PoT site gave me a 2:53 projected finish. Based on last year's corrals for W&D (http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/rundisney/pdf/wine-dine/2014/2014CorralAssignmentsHalfMarathon-2.pdf) that would put me, and I'm guessing you as well since they are very close times, in corral I, with 3 others behind us. Obviously they might be different this year, but that should give us a general idea. :) I don't know how far apart the corrals go off for W&D. Hopefully faster than every 10 minutes since there are more corrals than at Tink!

Don't worry. There are many of us with that time, in those corrals, with you. You will not be late for the party... The party will be fun, but finishing and feeling good, having had a fun time on the run, is the goal, right?

I was in the very last corral as I had no PoT for Tink, and it was G, and they went off about every 10 minutes.

My 10K time was only slightly faster than what you submitted, 1:18:49. The PoT site gave me a 2:53 projected finish. Based on last year's corrals for W&D (http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/rundisney/pdf/wine-dine/2014/2014CorralAssignmentsHalfMarathon-2.pdf) that would put me, and I'm guessing you as well since they are very close times, in corral I, with 3 others behind us. Obviously they might be different this year, but that should give us a general idea. :) I don't know how far apart the corrals go off for W&D. Hopefully faster than every 10 minutes since there are more corrals than at Tink!

The WDW races generally have a spacing of 2-3 minutes between the first half of the corrals and then 5 minutes between later ones. But it almost seems like a continuous stream of runners. The lengthy wait times between corral releases has been reduced by increasing the number of corrals. That also allows runners to be with others with similar pacing, for the most part.

Cool, I am glad they go a bit faster. :) It felt like such a long wait at Tink to get going. It was a very long time before our corral even started moving forward... I don't think they were moving the back ones up with every earlier one that went off. It was actually kind of sad back there in the last corral. We could tell there was music and a stage and stuff going on but we couldn't see or enjoy any of it. The middle corrals had a big tv screen on an overpass thing that they could watch it from, but we couldn't even see/hear that from the back one. I was psyched when we first got in the corral, and then like 30-40 min later when we finally got up far enough that we could see and hear all the stuff going on up at the front, but the stretch in between when the initial excitement of being in the corral finally wore off, it was a real low point. Especially for me because I drank a lot of water and I wanted to stay near the front of the corral to give myself as much of a cushion as I could for the cutoff and I had to pee really bad and didn't want to leave to use the portapotties. :D

Miranda,
Being in the last corral- did you feel that was a lot of mental pressure? I would be scared to be back there because all I would be thinking for 13.1 miles is "don't get swept, don't get swept" over and over. I live in fear of the balloon ladies. lmao

My DH, based on the link that you provided, will likely be up in B or C. He's such a faster runner (should be, has been running since age 14 so nearly 24 years now) and I would feel bad asking him to step back with me. Hence why I'm here making friends! I wanna know other people around me!

BZ22, yes you're right, the goal is to finish and have fun. But I remember when DH ran the one in 2011 the feeling of camaraderie amongst other runners and riding the rides and eating/drinking around EPCOT while wearing his medal was (according to him- I wasn't running back then) the highlight of the trip. I want to experience some of that ;)

Right now, I'm just hoping for dry race conditions unlike last year's monsoon. lol

I'm due to lace up this evening, hopefully I can stick to my training.

I was pretty worried about it, yes, and that is why I didn't want to leave the corral to use the portapotty. I had gotten there early and made my way as close to the front of the corral that I could to get as much of a buffer over them as possible. Once the race was underway, I wasn't really too worried about it, even though I only ended up finishing 15 min less than the cutoff (but I also have no idea how far the balloon people were behind me... it could have been like 20-25 minutes). I had been hoping to finish closer to 3:00, and I would have if I had not stopped at the first portapotty stop at like mile 1.5 with like 942 other women (10 min stop due to lines). :D I should have just waited like a couple hundred more feet and gone into one of the park restrooms. The stop was in the backstage area of California Adventure, right before we were going to run all through the park.

Felt pretty good on my run this morning despite some terrible humidity! It was so damp and cloudy and humid that the air was almost foggy. Then I started getting rained on at the end, which actually felt better than just running through the gross stagnant air. :) I am using this week as a test to see if I want to do a 10K in 2 weeks. It is right in the middle (Thursday night) of the weeks when we are supposed to do 8 miles one Saturday and 7 miles the next, instead of doing a step back week of 4. Since I did 6.5 this Saturday, I am thinking if I do the race, I'll do ~6.5 instead of 8 (since I'll have less time to recover), 10K on Thursday, and then on Saturday, something a little bit but not too much longer than 30 min.

Oh god, I feel like maybe I should go back and check as well. I haven't checked in the past few weeks lol

I haven't checked ours at all. Fingers crossed they're correct!

Had a horrible training week last week, but got my 3 miles in on Saturday and my training run today with a fastest mile time just under 12 mins so I'm stoked about that!

My DH, based on the link that you provided, will likely be up in B or C. He's such a faster runner (should be, has been running since age 14 so nearly 24 years now) and I would feel bad asking him to step back with me. Hence why I'm here making friends! I wanna know other people around me!

I'm in the same boat. My hubby has agreed to run with me in the half that we're doing in September, but for W&D he has no intention of taking it slow. He'll probably be in corral D and I'll be in H if the corral timing works out the same. I hope to be a bit faster than my POT race, but then I want to take pictures with the characters, so I expect I'll end up slower overall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter