Wine and Dine 2015

Oh my goodness, I didn't know that these existed! I am buying one right now. You are a lifesaver!

It helps balance the pressure so it doesnt rub against the knee. I dont know if it will work for everyone, but my pain completely stopped the 2nd or 3rd run with it. And run number 1 it was still immediately better. I guess the first couple runs it gave a chance for the irritation to go down too.

I also did some cross training and have had a lot of improvement. But I still wear that $12 strap on long runs, just in case. Just like you, it originally started hurting me at 4 miles one day.

Got my 5 miles in this evening. Was a bit difficult this time around, after 2 miles I felt really drained of energy and my legs were just plain tired. Took a break at mile 4 to get a wet rag and breathe. Might be because I took two rest days in a row or because I haven't done my nightly yoga in a couple days. My left knee is bothering me a bit now. Regardless, I still came in at 13:45 per mile which is great since my goal is at least 14!

Happy to see next week is 3 miles. :)

I am on the 3 mile week this week since I'm a week ahead. :) Tomorrow I have a 5K race to do for it. Felt weird to sleep in this morning, usually I am getting up at like 6 on Saturday for my long run but I slept until 9:10 today!

My 3 mile week was on July 4th weekend so I ran a local 5K for that. I have 4 miles coming up next Saturday. I have mapped it out and am ready to go. I'm only doing the 5K for W&D, but I'm also training for the 10K for Princess. I wanted a POT for the 10K so I'm training to be able to do a local 10K in October. I never thought I'd be saying those words. I'm in my mid 50's and running was never on my radar. The bling from runDisney has changed my whole outlook!

I ran my 5 miles today because I overslept yesterday and didn't want to run in the heat at 8am. (Gotta love FL!) It was a tough run for me this morning. My legs felt like led, and I too felt like I hit a wall around 2.5. Not sure what was going on. To top it all off, the shirt I was wearing chaffed my arms, which has only happened one other time and I think it was with this shirt. So it might be out of rotation because I just don't think to protect that area with body glide or what not. But it was uncomfortable and I think I walked more because of how I was trying to hold my arms! Silly, I know, but it's still killing me now! So I too am looking forward to three miles next weekend! ;)

My husband is going to start doing the long runs the week after with me so he can get used to running intervals. He has sworn to stick with me so he wants to practice them since he doesn't use them. We'll probably run the 6.5 miles together and then anything over that distance.

My 3 mile week was on July 4th weekend so I ran a local 5K for that. I have 4 miles coming up next Saturday. I have mapped it out and am ready to go. I'm only doing the 5K for W&D, but I'm also training for the 10K for Princess. I wanted a POT for the 10K so I'm training to be able to do a local 10K in October. I never thought I'd be saying those words. I'm in my mid 50's and running was never on my radar. The bling from runDisney has changed my whole outlook!

The Enchanted 10K was my first 10K and it was amazing! I ran a local one for my POT for W&D in May. I was 10 minutes slower than my normal pace at home for the Enchanted 10K. But every mile was magic! ;) Congrats on training so well and being super prepared for both the Jingle Jungle 5K and Enchanted 10K! Next thing you know you'll be doing a half! (I swore I never would and now I'm signed up for my first W&D weekend and GSC Princess weekend!)

Ok hears another question for everyone. Tried to find it on the thread and no luck. What do ur family memebers do while u r running???
I really dont want to have to buy the party tickets for them but thwy want to b able to b at thw finish line when i cross.
Do the buses go back and forth between the hotels and epcot???
I know for sure our son isnt going to b able to stay awake til i finish.
Any ideas or infor would b great. Thanx.

I know this has been discussed on this thread previously, but I'm being lazy and don't want to search for the info, so please forgive the repeat...

We have reservations for Beach Club for the trip, and I was very excited about staying there with the ease of access to Epcot...BUT, we weren't able to secure any discounts and paying rack rate for the room is just getting hard for me to stomach. So, we are debating about changing where we are staying. If we do that, we would probably get a rental car to drive ourselves to locations. So, for the night of the race, do I recall correctly that the best option would be to drive and park at Epcot and from there we can catch a bus over to the start area at WWoS?

Hi All, can anyone who did the W&D finish party last year tell me how much of the park remains open? My friend, who also has a ticket for the after party, wanted to know because there are some things she wanted to see and we dont know if this part of the park remains open. I told her I would try to find out through these boards. Thanks in advance

Just wondering where everyone is staying during thw marathon. We still havent picked a resort yet. Its just me running it so i want to make sure the husband and son can have a good nite and then meet me back at thw finishline.
I see on thw disney website that alot of the resort for the discount have been sold. What about calling rundisney. Wasnt sure what thwy had or if anyone has had any luck.

Staying at Beach Club Villas Friday and Saturday night, with Sunday wait listed.

Ok hears another question for everyone. Tried to find it on the thread and no luck. What do ur family memebers do while u r running???
I really dont want to have to buy the party tickets for them but thwy want to b able to b at thw finish line when i cross.
Do the buses go back and forth between the hotels and epcot???
I know for sure our son isnt going to b able to stay awake til i finish.
Any ideas or infor would b great. Thanx.

My friends have always napped and went to the party or cheered from the Boardwalk/Beach Club areas. The finish line can be a bit of a cluster mob and difficult to find folks, and the boost of a hug/high five from someone you know around mile 12 I find very helpful.

I know this has been discussed on this thread previously, but I'm being lazy and don't want to search for the info, so please forgive the repeat...

We have reservations for Beach Club for the trip, and I was very excited about staying there with the ease of access to Epcot...BUT, we weren't able to secure any discounts and paying rack rate for the room is just getting hard for me to stomach. So, we are debating about changing where we are staying. If we do that, we would probably get a rental car to drive ourselves to locations. So, for the night of the race, do I recall correctly that the best option would be to drive and park at Epcot and from there we can catch a bus over to the start area at WWoS?

That is the best option for a non-host resort and about the only official answer. You could park at a host resort and take the event bus from there, but then you have to take a bus back to that resort and drive to your resort, as opposed to getting in your car at Epcot when you are ready and going straight back.

Hi All, can anyone who did the W&D finish party last year tell me how much of the park remains open? My friend, who also has a ticket for the after party, wanted to know because there are some things she wanted to see and we dont know if this part of the park remains open. I told her I would try to find out through these boards. Thanks in advance

My answers are from two years ago, because by the time we finished last year's race, we were soaked to the bone and cold and crabby (and I didn't want to risk getting sick for the Avengers Half the following weekend)

Innoventions, The Circle of Life/Lion King Movie thing in the Land Pavilion (at leasd by the time I got there) & Club Cool were closed. Unsure about Universe of Energy, Turtle Talk with Crush, or The Living Seas with Nemo and Friends. I'm sure others will chime in soon.

There isn't spectator or participant parking at WWoS, race night. Half Marathon participants must board buses (at EPCOT Parking) no later than 8:00 p.m. in order to make it to their corrals by 9:15 p.m. I plan to be at EPCOT around 7:30 p.m. I don't like to pay up if I'm just looking for a few hours of sleep, especially since they raise the rates, just for us, that weekend. It wouldn't hurt to look at last year's program. Watch out for road closures and follow the driving instructions exactly. Sherberth and Osceola will likely have partial to full road closures.

2014 W&D 1/2 program (I usually have a copy of this pdf on my phone...until the current one comes out.):
http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/rundisney/pdf/wine-dine/2014/W&D14_Program_Online.pdf

Last edited:
That is the best option for a non-host resort and about the only official answer. You could park at a host resort and take the event bus from there, but then you have to take a bus back to that resort and drive to your resort, as opposed to getting in your car at Epcot when you are ready and going straight back.

Great. Thanks!

2014 W&D 1/2 program (I usually have a copy of this pdf on my phone...until the current one comes out.):
http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/rundisney/pdf/wine-dine/2014/W&D14_Program_Online.pdf

Thanks for posting that. That's really helpful!!

Just wondering where everyone is staying during thw marathon. We still havent picked a resort yet. Its just me running it so i want to make sure the husband and son can have a good nite and then meet me back at thw finishline.
I see on thw disney website that alot of the resort for the discount have been sold. What about calling rundisney. Wasnt sure what thwy had or if anyone has had any luck.

We are staying at Beach Club, but I'm pretty sure it's sold out based on the fact that I couldn't take advantage of the fall discount.

Mine are staying home - it's a me-only weekend :)

So, for the night of the race, do I recall correctly that the best option would be to drive and park at Epcot and from there we can catch a bus over to the start area at WWoS?
Yep. Technically/officially, it's the only option, but it also happens to be a really GOOD option, too! I stayed offsite last year and drove in: easily parked at EP, hopped a bus to WWOS, car was out there at EP waiting for me when I finally left at almost 5am. Easy and efficient! I'm staying onsite this time, but still plan to drive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just under 10 hard-earned miles for me this past weekend. It was supposed to be 11, but... storms, storms, storms all Sat. morning so I delayed for a couple hours, finally gave up and went out into the monsoon to do circles around my little neighborhood... only to get the "Low Battery" alert on my Garmin 4 miles in. Went back to my house, wrapped my phone in many layers of plastic, headed back out... until lightning and thunder were happening at the same time and I called it at another 3.5 miles. Back home to the treadmill, where I managed another almost 3 before losing my mind, lol! Pretty sure I can count the missing mile as completed based on mental fatigue. ;)

Well, my last week of training has been non-existent. My body has been in recovery-mode after a quickie DL trip. My poor feet! I'll be back at it tomorrow though, bright and early.

Just wondering where everyone is staying during thw marathon. We still havent picked a resort yet. Its just me running it so i want to make sure the husband and son can have a good nite and then meet me back at thw finishline

I'm booked at CBR at the moment. I'm hoping to bump up to a deluxe when the AP discounts are released. *fingers crossed*

My friends have always napped and went to the party or cheered from the Boardwalk/Beach Club areas. The finish line can be a bit of a cluster mob and difficult to find folks, and the boost of a hug/high five from someone you know around mile 12 I find very helpful.

Oh I'd probably cry if someone were there at mile 12, lol. No one wants to see that! :sad:

I'm staying off site at Buena Vista Suites so I'm driving over,I think my only question is since the race finishes outside Epcot would it be easier to leave things in the car and then get them or put them in the gear check bag,I guess if you're parked too far away you definitely would check your bag.What are peoples experience with bag check in this race.I know for ToT it was kind of a mess but it was also inside the park so that made my choice easy but having never done W&D I don't know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter