Wine and Dine 2015

Good to hear. Hoping it stays that way through Saturday though. We are also planning on the 9th which is our last night there.

Do you know if they had availability in the main dining room or were you just interested in the QV room?

Yes, they were wide open in both rooms.

-Brian

There is Victoria and Albert's availability! You just have to call, because they aren't taking online reservations at this time for the months of October and November. I just reserved a table for November 3.

On the phone, I was told that the price will be higher ($185) and they are still confirming details regarding seating times and menu changes to tie in with Food and Wine. I have a table confirmed for the date and an approximate time, but they will call me back in 6-7 weeks to update me with details.

Thanks for the info! We're finally going to try V&A's this year and I would have been very frustrated to see nothing available online.

Hi everyone! Finish line question...

Will my family be able to wait for me at the finish line without a finish line party ticket?

We have been to WDW many times but never stayed on property. DH and I are running the Wine and Dine and staying on property for the first time at the Port Orleans French Quarter.
We know we have to make advanced dining reservations for dinner as it will be busy, so we will do that.
My question is breakfast. Do quick service places typically serve things like eggs, bacon etc or do we need to go to table service places for that?
If we need table service do we need reservations or can you typically walk into breakfast places and get in?
Thanks for any advice.

We have been to WDW many times but never stayed on property. DH and I are running the Wine and Dine and staying on property for the first time at the Port Orleans French Quarter.
We know we have to make advanced dining reservations for dinner as it will be busy, so we will do that.
My question is breakfast. Do quick service places typically serve things like eggs, bacon etc or do we need to go to table service places for that?
If we need table service do we need reservations or can you typically walk into breakfast places and get in?
Thanks for any advice.

We stayed at POFQ last summer and the quick serve definitely has eggs and bacon for breakfast. Also Mickey waffles and beignets:love:. Most days we had breakfast there if we weren't doing rope drop. I haven't been to any table service breakfasts, but for the most part I think ADRs are recommended for all table service meals.

Hello I am currently signed up to run the wine and dine half marathon but unfortunately my girlfriend wasn't able to claim a spot in it was seeing if anyone knew or was selling a female bib for the race...thank you guys so much and wish me luck in running and finding another bib for her.

Thanks for any advice.

Even if you were to want a table service breakfast, most of them (except character meals) you should be able to have breakfast at without an ADR. (I highly recommend the Wave for breakfast...)

Even if you were to want a table service breakfast, most of them (except character meals) you should be able to have breakfast at without an ADR. (I highly recommend the Wave for breakfast...)

What is the Wave??

Thanks for the info about the quick service. Mickey waffles and beignets sound delicious good to know we can get them there as well.

Hello I am currently signed up to run the wine and dine half marathon but unfortunately my girlfriend wasn't able to claim a spot in it was seeing if anyone knew or was selling a female bib for the race...thank you guys so much and wish me luck in running and finding another bib for her.

runDisney does not allow bibs to be sold or transferred. You might want to try one of the charities, travel companies, or the list run by that guy named Craig.

Does it count as a negative split if I only ran 2 miles, lol? :)

14.20 mile one
13.90 mike two

Total time 28.10 average 14.05!
Yay me! I was so excited! That was the fastest mile I have ever ran. :) I took a whole minute off my mile! I did 2/1 minute intervals for the first time. I had been doing .30/.30. :)

On another note, I have decided to skip the 10K next Saturday. I just don't want to push my training and hurt myself. On my training plan I am only supposed to run 3 miles next weekend and 6 miles just seems like too big of a jump, coming off this injury. :(

Well, ADRs are done (for now). Didn't get BOG for the night of MVMCP, but that was expected. I'll keep trying and see if something opens up, but have booked Kona Cafe as my backup. Otherwise, I got everything I wanted, including a 4:50 reservation at Beaches & Cream for race day. After that, we'll just hang out at the resort until it's time to head to the race. Now debating going back to sleep for a bit or trying to get up, eat and run 9 miles :crazy2:.

We booked ADR's yesterday and we didn't get the main one we wanted. We need to get BOG on Friday to do our 4 parks, 4 drinks, 4 rides,4 character photo idea. We booked Tusker house and Kona cafe for breakfast. San Angel inn to watch illuminations and Boma for dinner one night. Going to keep looking for that BOG res.

Does it count as a negative split if I only ran 2 miles, lol? :)

14.20 mile one
13.90 mike two

Total time 28.10 average 14.05!
Yay me! I was so excited! That was the fastest mile I have ever ran. :) I took a whole minute off my mile! I did 2/1 minute intervals for the first time. I had been doing .30/.30. :)

On another note, I have decided to skip the 10K next Saturday. I just don't want to push my training and hurt myself. On my training plan I am only supposed to run 3 miles next weekend and 6 miles just seems like too big of a jump, coming off this injury. :(

Great job! And seems like a wise choice to hold back some as you recover.

Well, ADRs are done (for now). Didn't get BOG for the night of MVMCP, but that was expected. I'll keep trying and see if something opens up, but have booked Kona Cafe as my backup. Otherwise, I got everything I wanted, including a 4:50 reservation at Beaches & Cream for race day. After that, we'll just hang out at the resort until it's time to head to the race. Now debating going back to sleep for a bit or trying to get up, eat and run 9 miles :crazy2:.

I'm also done for now, but wasn't able to get an early dinner at Via Napoli for race day. Settled for an early one at Trattoria al Forno. How is that place? Never eaten there.

Will call in a bit to get dinner at V&A hopefully.

ADRs open tomorrow morning for me and I have 2 quick questions. We are only booked on site for fri,sat,sun nights then staying off site for 5-7 days, will we be able to take advantage of the 180+10 for the full time of our trip, or can you only use the +10 up to your checkout? We will be doing disney later in the week also and want to get reservations early before they book up. Also, we've never been to MVMCP and were wondering how busy the Sunday one would be since it is the first and during the wine and dine weekend? We could go to one later in the week instead.

As far as training is going, it was -2C this morning still, brrrr... snow still on the ground and ice in the water... all you warm weather people make me jealous haha

FWIW, if you're interested in V&A's:
As of 5 minutes ago, the Chef's Table is booked completely 11/5-11/11. It IS OPEN on 11/12. I was just told that is the first availability in the block of dates I provided. Unfortunately, we fly back that day. Queen Victoria room for us to celebrate the race and our October anniversary on 11/10.

5k in Harrisburg this am. 26:53. Would have liked better, but I got up and did it. I'm signed up for the Harrisburg 1/2 marathon in late June, and this was practice getting up, driving there, and running some of the same course.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter