Windsor Palms condos?

BoxerMom7

Earning My Ears
After reading less than glowing reviews of SpringHill Suites, I am reconsidering our reservations there......
One of the board members recommended Windsor Palms vacation homes---has anyone else had any experience with them?
Thanks.

We loved Windsor Palms!! And I am VERY picky about where I stay. We stayed in a 3br condo in May & are going back in Nov. I will probably never stay in a hotel again. it is a great location, nice neighborhood and the pool area is good too. If you go to www.windsor-palms-resort.com and click on availability you will get a listing of the owners & what they have. We rented from the Baez's. They are great to deal with and keep the condo nice because they also use it themselves. Not just for investment. Let me know if you have any questions.

My b-i-l has a time share at Windsor Palms and we stayed there last year. We had a two bedroom unit. It was very clean and a beautiful place to stay. Personally, I prefer a hotel with maid service, but when a relative offers you a place for free.....If you are looking for a condo rental, I can honestly say that you should not be disappointed in the apt.

We rented a home in this complex last spring and were very pleased with the resort amenities and location.

We rented a 3-brdm condo at Windsor Palms in March 2002 directly from an owner on www.vrbo.com and were thoroughly impressed with both the condo unit and the entire property. Everything was spotless, spacious and absolutely lovely. We hope to return again next year.

Thank you all for your replies. We are still mulling this over---sitting down today with the calculator and a big piece of paper to list the pros/cons of each.......
We heard back from one of the owners we sent an inquiry to---have 2 BR/2 BA condo for $425/week with $250 security deposit--that's a little over $60/night for more room.
I think I've just about convinced myself to go for Windsor Palms (my DH doesn't care--just wants a place to rest/relax when we're not in the parks).
I have one last question----have any of you had the owner keep your security deposit? I'm not concerned that any damages/whatever will be done as we're not THAT rowdy (LOL), it's just I've had bad experiences when I was younger and going to college from mean-spirited landlords keeping security deposits just because they could.

Originally posted by BoxerMom7
I have one last question----have any of you had the owner keep your security deposit? I'm not concerned that any damages/whatever will be done as we're not THAT rowdy (LOL), it's just I've had bad experiences when I was younger and going to college from mean-spirited landlords keeping security deposits just because they could.

I think you can rest easy on that issue. You aren't dealing with slumlords here. These are folks who cater to people like us. Thanks to the Internet, one bad experience would spread all over these boards and cost the owner tons of future business. My rental experience has always been that they bend over backwards to please their guests.

Don't recall if you said when you are traveling. We'll be staying at Windsor Palms in November and I'll certainly post my review when I return. If its really nice, we may even stop by the sales office to get some info. As soon as I finish paying off some student loans, we may seriously consider buying a rental unit near the mouse.

Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter