Windsor Hills to Magic Kingdom

I recommend RtM to anyone looking to go off-site. Being family-owned, the personal touches are just wonderful. If you need anything they show up to help out (like when our pool temp needed adjusting), and the homemade muffins, cookies, and chocolate-covered strawberries were such nice gestures! Enjoy!!

Thanks, we can't wait. I looked at other places that "appeared" cheaper, but their price includes everything so I didn't need to worry about adding in this or that and so far they have been very responsive to my "worry" questions. Can't wait and GS is going to love the Indiana Jones themed bedroom. :thumbsup2

Is there a difference between the Windsor Hills Resort and the Windsor Hills rental homes/condos? It looks like when you google there is also a one building resort with a huge swimming pool, water park like slide, etc.

Anyone know the difference?

Thanks!

Is there a difference between the Windsor Hills Resort and the Windsor Hills rental homes/condos? It looks like when you google there is also a one building resort with a huge swimming pool, water park like slide, etc.

Anyone know the difference?

Thanks!

I think they are the same thing. WH has a big area with clubhouse, pool, etc. that is shared by everyone. The houses/condos, etc are all in that area, but are rented through various companies/people. At least that's what i think.

I believe that's correct. Windsor Hills has three different types of lodging: condos (2-3BR), town homes (3BR with a private "plunge pool"), and pool homes (4-6BR detached homes with private pools, many with hot tubs.) All of these are privately owned, and the development is zoned for short-term rental. The "main pool" is available to all owners and their registered guests. It is the only pool available to those in the condos, and the only "real" pool available to those in the town homes, though for many purposes the plunge pool is fine.

Hi! Im Denise, We are renting the 5bdrm Mickey Club House thru Windsor and it is decked out w/ Disney charm. The owners are actually from Jersey as I am too and I love the personal communication you establish via email...Jennifer is awesome here is one of their 4 condos/homes you can rent from www.mickey@mickeyscondo.com..

In 2006, I stayed at a 3br/2bath condo owned by the same owner, Jennifer. Everything was great and we are going back this summer and staying at the same unit. If I ever go to Disney with a large group I would definitely book their 5br home.

We have 3 kids and my DH and I actually like the break from Disney and enjoyed the extra bedrooms, full kitchen and in-unit laundry. I don't think I will ever stay onsite traveling as a family because the price is too high for our budget especially since there are 5 of us and we don't "fit" into 1 regular room.

I think the drive to the Disney parks took about 15 min with AK being only about 5 minutes away.

Good luck with your search!

We have stayed twice at Windsor hills townhomes after being longtime on site fans. We just loved Windsor Hills. Can't beat the price, location, and amenities. Can't speak highly enough about Mickey's Magical Escape-

mickeyismagical.com

This place was amazing and our favorite from the location inside Windsor Hills to everything it provided, right down to the Disney themed rooms. The kids room is amazing! Everything in this home is first class, furniture linens etc and very well taken care of. The owner was great to work with and was so responsive. The first town home we stayed in was nice but Mickey's Magical Escape could not be beat. It had everything. The splash pool backed to open space so it was very private also. Anything we could think of was supplied and we found that this home had premium paper and soap products that lasted through our stay. I would say it is not your typical vacation rental home.

Jim Ford

Hey! We fondly refer to the 4BR/4BA Romancing the Mouse house as "our" house! We'll be back for 2 weeks this summer! We have also foudn the house to be lovely, and really enjoy working with Mark and Holly--they are so friendly and helpful.

The only reason I wouldn't rush to recommend them to the OP is, their houses aren't super themed--the themed rooms are more subtle. This works wellf or us, as we have 2 teens, but there are rentals that have super high-level theming (princesses, Mickey, Pooh, etc.) that littler kids might enjoy. Our gang finds it much more relaxing to be in the house, with low-level theming, but that's a matter of personal taste.

Condos--these are in taller buildings, several stories high. Generally 2-3BR, they have laundry facilities but no private pool. They are very close to the clubhouse, which has a large pool, game room, movie theater, etc.

Townhouses--therse are built in clusters, again typically 2-3BR. Most have private splash pools (10'x10'). They have ground-level entrances and are further from the clubhouse.

Private homes--these are on individual lots, and range from 3-7BR. Can be 1- or 2-story. All have private pools of different sizes.

All residences have landry facilities and allow access to community facilities. There are rentals at every price point, too.

Our gang loves the room to spread out. Hands down, the pool is the favorite feature, but we also love the free movie and videogame rentals (the home has a PS2--other homes may have different things). The kids love having simple meals and snacks at the house. DD15 loves the hot tub and free wifi. Also, DD15 has to train for the cross country season when we're there in summer--since this is a gated community, I feel totally safe in letting her go running.

We never had issues with driving or transportation--this is kind of a personal thing, some people hate driving on vacation. We don't really mind. I find everything to be close--not just the parks, but also a gazillion restaurants, Super Target, Publix, etc. It's just so easy to buy snacks, replace flip-flops, pick up that forgotten Tylenol, whatever.

Sorry for the book. Offsite has a lot to recommend it. I hope you find something that works great for your family.

Hey! We fondly refer to the 4BR/4BA Romancing the Mouse house as "our" house! We'll be back for 2 weeks this summer! We have also foudn the house to be lovely, and really enjoy working with Mark and Holly--they are so friendly and helpful.

The only reason I wouldn't rush to recommend them to the OP is, their houses aren't super themed--the themed rooms are more subtle. This works wellf or us, as we have 2 teens, but there are rentals that have super high-level theming (princesses, Mickey, Pooh, etc.) that littler kids might enjoy. Our gang finds it much more relaxing to be in the house, with low-level theming, but that's a matter of personal taste.

Condos--these are in taller buildings, several stories high. Generally 2-3BR, they have laundry facilities but no private pool. They are very close to the clubhouse, which has a large pool, game room, movie theater, etc.

Townhouses--therse are built in clusters, again typically 2-3BR. Most have private splash pools (10'x10'). They have ground-level entrances and are further from the clubhouse.

Private homes--these are on individual lots, and range from 3-7BR. Can be 1- or 2-story. All have private pools of different sizes.

All residences have landry facilities and allow access to community facilities. There are rentals at every price point, too.

Our gang loves the room to spread out. Hands down, the pool is the favorite feature, but we also love the free movie and videogame rentals (the home has a PS2--other homes may have different things). The kids love having simple meals and snacks at the house. DD15 loves the hot tub and free wifi. Also, DD15 has to train for the cross country season when we're there in summer--since this is a gated community, I feel totally safe in letting her go running.

We never had issues with driving or transportation--this is kind of a personal thing, some people hate driving on vacation. We don't really mind. I find everything to be close--not just the parks, but also a gazillion restaurants, Super Target, Publix, etc. It's just so easy to buy snacks, replace flip-flops, pick up that forgotten Tylenol, whatever.

Sorry for the book. Offsite has a lot to recommend it. I hope you find something that works great for your family.

We're renting from Romancing the Mouse in June. Can't wait. GS (12) loves Indiana Jones so will be really happy with his room (we didn't tell him yet). Everyone is happy to be getting their own rooms (4-bed/4-bath house :) ) Everyone is looking forward to the private pool. I actually think it's going to be hard to pull them out of the house to go to US/IOA! I've heard really good things about this property, like that they have no "hidden" fees everything is spelled out in the price and the owners stay right on site if you need anything so can't wait.

loved onsite and love offsite.

Loved Windsor Hills. Very close to everything. My husband really enjoys not having to drive on vacation so he was hesitant. But it was so easy. And it took less time to get places than waiting for buses, etc.

We are doing Bonnet Creek next week and I'm excited to compare. It is on WDW property but not owned by WDW.

The space, convenience for breakfasts, etc. hard to beat...plus you save some $$$.
Trish

For those that have stayed in Windsor Hills during a primarily Disney Vacation:

Did you feel like you missed out on the Disney Magic 24/7?

Was driving to the parks (especially MK) a hassel?

Was being able to sprawl out (kids have their own room) worth not being "onsite"?

We are trying to plan a trip for October...we have a son with special needs (high functioning Autism) he gets overstimulated very easily..there will be 3 adults and two kids in our party so we are thinking that Windor Hills is the way to go...otherwise we would have to stay in the Fort Wildnerness cabins and have no car rental and no golf cart rental to fit within our budget.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi there! We stayed at Windsor Hills in 2008 for our first family Disney/US/SW vacation. We are staying there again this August and will again either next year or in 2013.
We LOVED it there! We booked through www.vacationcentralflorida.com and had a great experience with them. The whole condo had Disney theming, but not over the top...it was very tasteful. They have townhouses too (October they are $545 for Sat-Sat week)
We don't feel like we missed out on the Magic at all. We spent most of our time at the parks, but the time we spent at the resort, was magical in it's own way since it was spacious, clean and Disney themed too! We didn't find driving to be a hassle at all either. Everything was so close. We made it to Disney parks in 5-10 minutes each day.
I would highly recommend Windsor Hills to anyone. And if you haven't decided yet, make sure you check out the link above. If you want more info on them, you can PM me and I'd be happy to give you info and my opinion.

Good luck with your planning and have a wonderful trip!!! :cool1:
Angela

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter