Windsor Hills Stay

toystorymom

DIS Veteran
As a family of 6, the space at Disney Hotels keeps getting smaller while the price tag gets larger, so we thought we would give offsite a try. I chose Windsor Hills mostly based on info I got from this board, rented through VRBO. Our other option was a suite at Art of Animation, it was more than 3 X the price. That is just crazy.

We LOVED it! Three bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen, living area - just so much space, we never felt like we were crowded at all. I also liked having the laundry right there, of course nobody likes to do laundry on vacation but it never felt like a chore. Could just throw it in and leave it all day if I needed to.

Windsor Hills was very nice, we found it overall very quiet and clean. The pool is great, zero entry and splash pad area for the little ones, slide for the older ones, hot tub for me. There is a game room and fitness room though we didn't use those. There is also a store with most of the essentials and a little restaurant grill area with sandwiches, burgers etc - w/ reasonable prices

There are so many restaurants just a short drive away. And we found the drives to the parks very easy. MK took 45 minutes from condo to entering the park, much of that was waiting for a tram. All the other parks were maybe 15 minutes, a very easy drive. Honestly, no longer than waiting for and riding a resort bus and then walking from the bus stop back to your room.

We didn't miss EMH as the parks were open long hours anyway, we had plenty of time to see and do everything we wanted, more than once usually.

I mostly liked having the space to spread out after the long days in the parks. Each person could go to bed, watch tv, sit on the enclosed balcony, etc and not worry about bothering everyone else. Just made it very relaxing.

I think my whole family is convinced that offsite is the way to go for us. We would definitely go back to WH and this condo again!

Thank you for your review. I am staying at Emerald Island for first time in early Dec and liked reading that it only took you 45 min to get to MK. EI is a bit farther but good to know that allowing an hour should be good.

Thank you OP! We booked a townhome at WH last week for our upcoming trip Feb 2014. Love reading good things about the complex. Reassures me!! :thumbsup2 I just think it will be a nice change of pace being offsite this time around.

We are planning to stay at WH the first week of December if we cannot get the military discount onsite. Can you tell me what kind of items they have in the store? Do they have milk and basic snack type items? How are the prices?

With our schedule on our check in day, I am not sure we will have time to make a grocery stop so it would be wonderful if we could at least get milk and something simple for breakfast.

The shop is called P&M. They have all of the basics plus a full service snack bar. Although we have never used it, you can place an order with them and they will deliver it to your villa/condo so it's there when you arrive.

Here is a link to their website:

http://www.windsorhillsshop.com/

Thanks so much for the update. We have chosen WH for our Nov/Dec vacation. I constantly hear good things about the resort, so we are really looking forward to the stay.

Thanks for the store link. I may look into that.

You're welcome. Enjoy your stay. It's a beautiful resort that is meticulously maintained.

We are going again in November and staying in our favorite villa. The kids are sooo excited. We are going to be there Thanksgiving week to see the Disney Christmas displays which begin the day after Thanksgiving.:cool1:

We are renting a 5 bedroom home in Windsor Hills. How long did it take to get to each park?

The shop is called P&M. They have all of the basics plus a full service snack bar. Although we have never used it, you can place an order with them and they will deliver it to your villa/condo so it's there when you arrive.

Here is a link to their website:

http://www.windsorhillsshop.com/

Thank you soooooo much for this! How convenient! I've been wondering what groceries to bring/not to bring and how annoying it might be to have to run to the grocery store immediately upon arrival. But now I can wait until the next day for the bulk of our shopping. Yayyy:banana:

There is also a company called The Vacation Grocer (www.thevacationgrocer.com) who does the same thing. You can place your order online and they deliver it to your villa.

We have stayed at WH so many times that we have it down to a science. We drop the kids and luggage off at the villa and one of us goes to Super Target for groceries while the other watches the kids swim or play in the game room. Its very close and they have everything. We don't even pack toiletries anymore, we just grab them at Target.

If you're looking to pick up something quick, P&M is a good choice but there is also a 7-11 on 192 just before you turn onto Old Lake Wilson Rd to access WH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter