• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Windsor Hills-please help with this rental!

Just got back from a week at her 7758 Tosteth (Windsor Hills) property. Everything was as advertised. No problems whatsoever. I will try to remember to post again when I get the deposit back.

I am glad to hear everything went well, we are booked with amy sun in March
at the other home in windsor hills. question was the house supplied with everything you needed for a family, and did you get your deposit back? with no problems

thanks
Billylin

I am glad to hear everything went well, we are booked with amy sun in March
at the other home in windsor hills. question was the house supplied with everything you needed for a family, and did you get your deposit back? with no problems

thanks
Billylin

I'm not sure what you mean by everything you need for a family but the house we rented had everything it was advertised as having. There were a few minor things that were not in the best repair or broken. One or two things got broken while we were there but I contacted the management company and they said no problem and they were aware of the things that had been broken previously.

Regarding the deposit:
There was no problem with Amy agreeing to return the deposit though it took some time for her to get it processed. I understand she had some problems with her Paypal account and she may also have been out of the country for a while as well. The communication could definitely have been better. That being said, we got all of our deposit back after a few weeks and were very satisfied overall with the rental.

the home is showing on the web for sale, but she has mailed me there will be no problem.

Which home is showing it is for sale? At the time we arranged our rental one of her homes was still listed on Zillow (and at least one other site) as for sale but I was able to confirm this was an old listing that just hadn't been updated.

thank you for the info , what I mean't did your house have enough towels
and paper products etc. for a family of 9 and did they fix what got broken why you were there?
and I know there is a communication thing with amy, does she let you know if she recieves your cashiers check when she gets it. or does she wait till she sends the code and instructions for the house, 7 days before the trip?

thank you again for you help

billylin (pa)

thank you for the info , what I mean't did your house have enough towels
and paper products etc. for a family of 9 and did they fix what got broken why you were there?
and I know there is a communication thing with amy, does she let you know if she recieves your cashiers check when she gets it. or does she wait till she sends the code and instructions for the house, 7 days before the trip?

thank you again for you help

billylin (pa)

There should be enough towels for 9. IIRC there was some toilet paper, soap, dish detergent, etc. Not a lot and I don't believe they are responsible to provide these things so you may want to plan on bringing some of these items or purchasing more as needed while you are there.

We only had a couple of minor things that were broken so we didn't request them to fix it. I contacted the management company with a few questions during the 8 days we were there and they seemed quite helpful.

If you want to know about the check I would ask her. Don't count on her letting you know.

For most homes there's usually only a roll of toilet paper per bathroom and just a roll of paper towel (if any) maybe dish soap and hand soap. Vacation homes are self catering meaning you need to go buy (or bring with you) all of that kind of stuff including garbage bags, laundry detergent, dishwasher tabs etc. It differs from home to home.
If you notice anything broken or not working when you get there you should just email the owner or management company and let them know so that you won't get blamed for it. Some ask you to do this anyway.

cannot pm not enough, how was your stay in one of the homes Amy Sun owes, and was she comfortable to work with, I have sent the final payment, does she keep in touch till she sends the code and information? does she send anything else with the paperwork,
and did you get your deposit back in a couple of weeks.
also question on pool heat, is it warm enough for march weather?
thank
Billylin (Pa)

how was your stay in one of the homes Amy Sun owes

Just got back from a week at her 7758 Tosteth (Windsor Hills) property. Everything was as advertised. No problems whatsoever. I will try to remember to post again when I get the deposit back.

was she comfortable to work with, I have sent the final payment, does she keep in touch till she sends the code and information?

Communication is an issue.

If you want to know about the check I would ask her. Don't count on her letting you know.

does she send anything else with the paperwork

Such as? I just got the agreement via e-mail including a description of what was included with the property rental, directions, etc. IIRC correctly I e-mailed her a signed copy of the agreement and then requested that she e-mail it back after she had signed it. We didn't have time to wait for snail mail at that point.

did you get your deposit back in a couple of weeks.

Regarding the deposit:
There was no problem with Amy agreeing to return the deposit though it took some time for her to get it processed. I understand she had some problems with her Paypal account and she may also have been out of the country for a while as well. The communication could definitely have been better. That being said, we got all of our deposit back after a few weeks and were very satisfied overall with the rental.

also question on pool heat, is it warm enough for march weather?

What's the weather going to be like in March? :confused3
I'm sure it depends on the weather and personal preferences. From the rental agreement: "Pool/spa heating will be set up (if the guest requests and pre-pays) at 84°F, which is regulated by Florida Energy Saving law."

For most homes there's usually only a roll of toilet paper per bathroom and just a roll of paper towel (if any) maybe dish soap and hand soap. Vacation homes are self catering meaning you need to go buy (or bring with you) all of that kind of stuff including garbage bags, laundry detergent, dishwasher tabs etc. It differs from home to home.
If you notice anything broken or not working when you get there you should just email the owner or management company and let them know so that you won't get blamed for it. Some ask you to do this anyway.

Garbage bags? I guess we are spoiled with our vacation homes as they provide toilet paper, dish soap, hand soap, and garbage bags. I can understand detergent but not garbage bags and toilet paper. We had a lady complain because she ran out of kleenex.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter