• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Windsor Hills Information Station

Would you perfer that the new WHIS 2.0 be removed from WHIS or left tide to the orginal tread?

• Keep WHIS 2.0 with orginal thread

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Move WHIS 2.0 to it's own thread

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • End WHIS 1.0 & 2.0

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We are renting via Magical Vacation Homes. Have not stayed yet but all my interactions have been positive.

What is the maximum number of vehicles per rental home? I have heard that it is 3 but I haven't been able to get a concrete number.

What do you guys do in instances where you're renting through a booking site (airbnb, vrbo, etc) and a rental company sends you a contract with terms to sign that don't mesh with VRBOs terms? I cancelled one booking because it asked for a deposit and cancellation in writing (and the refund schedule was different), and told them why. They responded to let me know that I didn't need to do that as a VRBO renter they held me to VRBO guidelines, but I still wasn't willing to sign a contract stating as such, because why should I sign a contract if it's terms don't apply to MY rental through VRBO? I found a second rental I like, and it's the same thing, but I was able to see ahead of time. I book with VRBO for a reason. Yes I pay a little more, but I have more reassurance if I have to cancel. I messaged them asking if they have a separate contract for VRBO renters, following VRBOs guidelines, but I am not optimistic. I have rented from VRBO before but have not had this issue (clearly not through a rental company, I didn't have to sign anything). Am I doomed to just renting through an owner rather than a rental management company? This shouldn't be hard, just provide a relevant and accurate VRBO contract, I'm happy to sign. I know they're more worried about damages :rolleyes2

What is the maximum number of vehicles per rental home? I have heard that it is 3 but I haven't been able to get a concrete number.
Our contract limits the number of vehicles to two (in a townhome). Not sure if other properties, like the larger houses, allow more.

What do you guys do in instances where you're renting through a booking site (airbnb, vrbo, etc) and a rental company sends you a contract with terms to sign that don't mesh with VRBOs terms? I cancelled one booking because it asked for a deposit and cancellation in writing (and the refund schedule was different), and told them why. They responded to let me know that I didn't need to do that as a VRBO renter they held me to VRBO guidelines, but I still wasn't willing to sign a contract stating as such, because why should I sign a contract if it's terms don't apply to MY rental through VRBO? I found a second rental I like, and it's the same thing, but I was able to see ahead of time. I book with VRBO for a reason. Yes I pay a little more, but I have more reassurance if I have to cancel. I messaged them asking if they have a separate contract for VRBO renters, following VRBOs guidelines, but I am not optimistic. I have rented from VRBO before but have not had this issue (clearly not through a rental company, I didn't have to sign anything). Am I doomed to just renting through an owner rather than a rental management company? This shouldn't be hard, just provide a relevant and accurate VRBO contract, I'm happy to sign. I know they're more worried about damages :rolleyes2
IMO your instincts are spot on. The executed written contract governs your rights, not what you were told separately by phone or what appears on VRBO, so good for you for not just signing. It's not that hard to revise one of those contracts, so I'm not sure why they'd rather lose the booking than just editing a few terms. Good luck!

IMO your instincts are spot on. The executed written contract governs your rights, not what you were told separately by phone or what appears on VRBO, so good for you for not just signing. It's not that hard to revise one of those contracts, so I'm not sure why they'd rather lose the booking than just editing a few terms. Good luck!

Got a response. A BS one that doesn't lead to a second common sense contract. Oh well. I let them know they lost the opportunity for a listing. Not that it matters, because I'm sure most consumers are not paying enough attention to notice that they're signing contracts to terms they don't agree to by booking through VRBO until something happens.

Is this ok to post here? This is my first time staying at WH. We usually stay onsite at Disney, but with a few changes in our plans we chose to cancel our package with Disney, and stay at WH in Oct. I need to cook dinner a few nights while there and the home I have booked doesn't have a grill. I need a few dinner ideas that would be easy to make and also please different palates. Cooking and vacation usually doesn't end up in the same sentence for me, but things change, and I want everyone to be happy with their dinner! Because after all it is still a vacation!

Last edited:
Is this ok to post here?
Of course you may post your Windsor Hills question’s on this thread.
The top of OP1:...................................................Welcome To Windsor Hills Information Station
The place to find Information, ask questions that need answers, answer posted questions, or just your thoughts about all things related to Windsor Hills
the home I have booked doesn't have a grill
As for your Grilling (Outdoors?) You could pickup an inexpensive Habotich; Never mind, $6 - $8 dollar ones seem to no longer exist. :confused3
This may be of some help. --> BBQ Grill Rental in Kissimmee, FL

Hope this you get you all fired up for a GREAT Windsor Hills Central Florida Vacation
G'day & showing my age :hourglass
Pulsar

Last edited:
Is this ok to post here? This is my first time staying at WH. We usually stay onsite at Disney, but with a few changes in our plans we chose to cancel our package with Disney, and stay at WH in Oct. I need to cook dinner a few nights while there and the home I have booked doesn't have a grill. I need a few dinner ideas that would be easy to make and also please different palates. Cooking and vacation usually doesn't end up in the same sentence for me, but things change, and I want everyone to be happy with their dinner! Because after all it is still a vacation!

Some of our standbys:
Spaghetti and meatballs
Chicken alfredo
Tacos (chicken, beef, or pork)
Italian beef sandwiches
Pulled pork sandwiches
Grilled cheese (customize with ham, bacon, veggies, etc.)
Sandwich/salad bar
Breakfast for dinner (pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon/sausage, fruit)
Baked chicken breasts or pork chops marinated in Italian dressing

Easy sides:
Good bread (like the take&bake in a bag)
Microwaveable veggies
Baked potatoes or sweet potatoes
Baked beans
Salad
Fruit
Chips

Most of those you can buy most of what you need pre-made or semi-made (e.g. frozen meatballs or Italian beef, jarred sauces), and most of them can be prepared with some of the ingredients separate so people can add what they like.

Some of our standbys:
Spaghetti and meatballs
Chicken alfredo
Tacos (chicken, beef, or pork)
Italian beef sandwiches
Pulled pork sandwiches
Grilled cheese (customize with ham, bacon, veggies, etc.)
Sandwich/salad bar
Breakfast for dinner (pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon/sausage, fruit)
Baked chicken breasts or pork chops marinated in Italian dressing

Easy sides:
Good bread (like the take&bake in a bag)
Microwaveable veggies
Baked potatoes or sweet potatoes
Baked beans
Salad
Fruit
Chips

Most of those you can buy most of what you need pre-made or semi-made (e.g. frozen meatballs or Italian beef, jarred sauces), and most of them can be prepared with some of the ingredients separate so people can add what they like.
Thank you! This is very helpful!

Is this ok to post here? This is my first time staying at WH. We usually stay onsite at Disney, but with a few changes in our plans we chose to cancel our package with Disney, and stay at WH in Oct. I need to cook dinner a few nights while there and the home I have booked doesn't have a grill. ...

Check with your owner or property am anger. Many will arrange for a rental grill. Also, probably not as convenient but there are charcoal grills available in the common area.

Thank you! This is very helpful!
I am at my place now. Been here 2.5 weeks. We made nachos one night. ANd I did frozen pizza and a salad kit another night. I also got the frozen chinese bagged food (honey chicken) and rice and added frozen pea pods. I got chicken marsala one pan little kit (the little bag of sauce) and added chicken and noodles. We did frozen taquitoes one night when we weren't too hungry because we ate out at lunch. We had hot dogs and turkey sandwiches and those frozen little white castle burgers for lunch. The next visit I need to maybe make up a spice kit to keep in my owner closet. It was hard at the store, trying to decide when we had limited supplies and didn't want to buy a lot and waste it (I have a little jar of mayo that will get pitched).

I am at my place now. Been here 2.5 weeks. We made nachos one night. ANd I did frozen pizza and a salad kit another night. I also got the frozen chinese bagged food (honey chicken) and rice and added frozen pea pods. I got chicken marsala one pan little kit (the little bag of sauce) and added chicken and noodles. We did frozen taquitoes one night when we weren't too hungry because we ate out at lunch. We had hot dogs and turkey sandwiches and those frozen little white castle burgers for lunch. The next visit I need to maybe make up a spice kit to keep in my owner closet. It was hard at the store, trying to decide when we had limited supplies and didn't want to buy a lot and waste it (I have a little jar of mayo that will get pitched).
Those are great ideas thank you!

Yes, the spices are going to be the main worry for me at the store. I usually make my own taco seasoning and use several different spices. I don't want to waste money on a ton of spices though, so this is the one time I'll probably use a taco seasoning packet.

Was there last week. This is what was given to us at check-in. We stayed in a 6 bedroom home. The driveway was only big enough for 2 vehicles.IMG_0135.jpg

Is the shared pool a saltwater one?

We recently stayed at Royal Pacific (Universal), and that salt water pool was awesome! Normally between the hard water showers and sun (I am redhead and normally sun-phobic), my skin can't take the abuse of a highly chlorinated pool. But my skin felt *better* after that pool. One of the rentals I looked at in WP mentioned a saltwater pool, but it was a townhome with a tiny pool. So, maybe they were talking about their own pool.

Is the shared pool a saltwater one?

We recently stayed at Royal Pacific (Universal), and that salt water pool was awesome! Normally between the hard water showers and sun (I am redhead and normally sun-phobic), my skin can't take the abuse of a highly chlorinated pool. But my skin felt *better* after that pool. One of the rentals I looked at in WP mentioned a saltwater pool, but it was a townhome with a tiny pool. So, maybe they were talking about their own pool.

The main pool is not saltwater. I do know some homes personal pools have been switched to saltwater. We have a saltwater pool at home and I agree, it is so much easier on the skin.

The main pool is not saltwater. I do know some homes personal pools have been switched to saltwater. We have a saltwater pool at home and I agree, it is so much easier on the skin.

Well, shoot.
Of course, for the money we save I can rinse off with a sponge bath using gallon jugs of filtered water.
Just booked 15 days in a 2B condo on the ground floor in the building closest to the pool. $2000 for everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter