Windsor Hills Condo - too available?

Stephandy03

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone, I am new to the forums and planning our first family trip to WDW for us in March - 6 adults, DS4, and DD6mo. We will be traveling the week before Easter (yes, peak season!). Planning on staying off-site at Windsor Hills, which I found through this forum. :banana:

I found a nice 3 BR/3BA condo on 4th floor at vacationwindsorhills.com but I have a few concerns. :confused: It is only 2 months away, but they have OPEN availability based on their calendar - nothing booked at all for the rest of the year. The owners seem responsive and I checked out the county property tax website to make sure it isn't in foreclosure. When I checked other condos, most of them had several bookings for the next few months.

Has anyone had experience with this particular condo? Owners are April and Peter Fernandes.

How else can I know if it is a good place to stay? TIA!

Can you post the website for the condo? Never mind I found it. It probably isn't that they don't have any bookings it's just that they don't keep their calendar up to date. There's alot of owners that don't. I don't know why. If they knew that a lot of people looking for places just don't bother with those who don't keep their calendars up maybe they would be more apt to do it. They're usually last on my list when looking, just because I don't want to waste time contacting them when I don't know if anything is available.
Could also ask for references and who their management company it and then contact them.

Sorry I'm so new that I can't post websites! Thanks for the advice. I wonder why they don't update their calendar. They didn't reply to my request on Windsorhillsrent.com either. I found their page and e-mailed them directly.

Is that a bad sign?

The place we are looking at is vacationwindsorhills.com

Has anyone stayed there?

I found windsor hills on homeaway.com do not go thru the resort its self its way more, I found 3 condos - 3b/2bath for only 475 a week all fees/taxes included! and she said the book up really fast it took her a couple days to get back to me as she stayed very busy!! I dont think its a problem... we was gonna stay there till we decided to stay on disney property

I am looking for info on hotel kingdom.com
does anyone have any?princess:

We've used hotelkingdom a number of times and never had a problem. Stayed at the Sheraton Vistana Villages through them along with Marriott's Grande Vista. They are legitimate.

Hope this helps!

We are looking for June. Here is an email that I received from one of the owners:
FYI: Beware of the many cheap rate Windsor Hills rental scams found elsewhere to avoid vacation ruining issues upon arrival. It has been determined that an organized group using professional appearing websites has been attempting to rent out resort vacation homes that either do not belong to them using information taken off of legitimate rental websites, or the resort address rented is non existent.

Before you commit yourself to any rental, please take the time to fully check out who and where you are renting from. You may call our resort manager Aura Zelada at 407-787-4255 for scam info or any concerns you may have regarding your chosen rental home.

Hope this helps...

We have stayed in Windsor Hills 3 times already! The first titme we stayed in a condo directly with a owner and the furniture was a little cheap and there was not much info.

the next two times we stayed through a management company and their town house was sooo nice! Just a short walk to the pool and you get your own private pool for just $109 a night. We would stay in a different resort again! :-) :banana:

Thanks everyone! We booked with vacationwindsorhills.com directly via owners. Hope it turns out well. I emailed the owners and they said that they use the condo a lot for themselves and family, which is why their calendar was not as booked. Will do a resort review when we get back!

I pmed you, looking into this same condo for Nov 2010, what did you think?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter