Windsor hills condo- Robert Torr

Addicted to Dopey

Newt's Posse
I just received a quote back for the 5 nights we are going to be down in Disney for may from Robert for his 2 bedroom condo and it seems too good to be true! Has anyone ever stayed in one of the condos or town homes owned by Robert? How was your experience?

Addicted to Dopey said:
I just received a quote back for the 5 nights we are going to be down in Disney for may from Robert for his 2 bedroom condo and it seems too good to be true! Has anyone ever stayed in one of the condos or town homes owned by Robert? How was your experience?

My husband and I stayed in a 2 bedroom condo at WH owned by Robert. The condo was very nice! We paid just under $100 a night for 4 nights including all taxes and cleaning. We did have to strip all the beds and put a load of towels in the washer just before checkout, but it really wasn't a big deal. We enjoyed the stay. My husband was impressed with cleanliness and how up to date everything was.

Oh okay. We were having an email conversation with robert since getting the quote last night asking some basic questions about the whole process since we have never rented before when he told us oh sorry I just rented it out to someone else! That says a lot about his character and I wouldn't think of ever giving him any future business.

Addicted to Dopey said:
Oh okay. We were having an email conversation with robert since getting the quote last night asking some basic questions about the whole process since we have never rented before when he told us oh sorry I just rented it out to someone else! That says a lot about his character and I wouldn't think of ever giving him any future business.

Did you give him a deposit? Did he tell you he was going to hold your dates? Get a quote for air or hotel, go back a few hours later and it may be gone.

Addicted to Dopey said:

If you hadn't actually paid a deposit and reserved the dates, why wouldn't he rent it to someone else? You yourself said how good the rates were...

As you get more experience with vacation rentals, I think you'll discover this is the norm (and fairly reasonable). Until you commit to renting a place, the owner has to assume you are looking at multiple properties and may or may not ultimately choose his. In Windsor Hills, owners often receive 10+ inquiries daily and a very small fraction of them end up renting. The one caveat I would make for myself is that if I have been going back and forth with a potential renter and they seem very serious, if they were talking to me first, I would typically send them a quick e-mail saying I need a commitment now or I'm going to have to go with the party that is ready to commit.

condo that is in the building closest to the pool at $75.00 per night including cleaning fee. There are no additional fees and just state tax. We are staying 6 nights. I emailed many people and only a few owners got back. The price range was wild from $60 to $140. Some of the low end charged additional adminstrative and cleaning fees that worked out to $85 per night.

Last year (May) we stayed in a 3 bed 3 bath townhome at WH and it was $100 a night tax in and no cleaning fee. It was great but we want something right at the pool I would shop around a bit before I commit.

I'm sorry you felt as if we left you out to look for another place. The comments the others wrote are exactly how this business works. I receive 20+ inquires per day and all of my responses allow potential renters to visit our website and book online whereby they make their deposit and secure the dates. This inevitably crosses our condo off the list for many others who simply haven't made a firm decision and gone ahead with the booking process.

I do hope you found another accommodation and had a great time and I welcome you to again express your interest on a future visit. Even if you just ask my to hold it for a few days while matters are discussed with family I'll always give you a verbal okay.

Sorry it took so long to respond to this however I just saw it online.

Regards,
Robert Torr, Owner
Windsor Hills Resort Rentals

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter