• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Windsor Hills, Bonnet Creek, Cypress Pointe - confused :(

CattailGal

Mouseketeer
Just starting to plan an April trip. I thought we'd stay in Windsor Hills, but now I read great reviews on these other resorts (Bonnet Ck, Cypress Pt). Which is best? We have two kids (8 & 10) who love to swim. Been twice before and stayed at the Nick Hotel. Kids loved it, but I want laundry facilities in the unit. Is Bonnet Creek closer than Windsor Hills to Disney, so it seems more magical (fireworks)? Is it worth it to have shuttle use to the parks at Bonnet Ck and Cypress Pt?

It's overwhelming. I'm grateful for any suggestions.

KC

Don't worry about "best"----you can drive yourself crazy. Pick something that you think your family will like, and book it. Then, don't look back.

We happen to prefer Bonnet Creek when we can't get a DVC exchange, but we've also enjoyed our stays Windsor Hills. We've never really looked too hard at Cypress Pointe, but I've heard plenty of great things.

Other people will have a different order of preference. But, you'd probably have a hard time going wrong with any of them.

They all have great reviews.
One reason I would consider Windsor Hills (in a Townhome or Single Family Home, not a Condo) over condo units in general is that I really like pulling up in our driveway and walking into our unit. Usually in condos, there are elevators and parking lots. Also there is a bit less noise from neighbors in the townhomes and single family homes. Lastly, at Windsor Hills, you have a private pool or splash pool in those units, in addition to the Resort Pool with waterslide, etc... which was lovely after a day at the parks.
If you choose a condo, Bonnet Creek looks amazing and has a fantastic location.
HTH.

And me, I prefer a timeshare condo rental to a rental home or townhouse unless we have a really large group and all want to stay together. At the timeshare condos, there is consistency with the furnishings (not individual preferences), so you don't need to check things out as closely, all the ammenities are typically very close to your unit, you have more of a resort feel in my opinion, and our kids and the adults in our party ususally meet more people / friends for kids to play with -- seem like a more happening place. I've never stayed at Windor Hills or Bonnet Creek, but have stayed a couple of times at Cypress Point and really enjoyed that (We always look here if we need a three bedroom unit as they have tons of these for a price similar to a two bedroom). There are tons of great timeshare condo resorts that you can rent from individual owners or doing retail. For individual owner rentals to save money, I usually use sites like TUG2.net or Redweek.com.
0 Trips with # 21 coming up // The boards, though, say I’m just earning my ears.
• March 1971 – KOA closest to Disney (camping)
• March 1972 – Jellystone Park (camping)
• March 1974 – Outdoor Resorts of America (camping)
• Dec. 1974 – Outdoor Resorts of American (camping)
• March 1975 – Outdoor Resorts of America (camping)
• Dec. 1975 – Fort Wilderness (camping)
• Dec. 1976 – Fort Wilderness (camping)
• Dec 1977 -- Outdoor Resorts of America (camping)
• Dec . 1986 – Marriott Royal Palms (condo by Marriott World Center)
• May 1993 – Disney Contemporary (Garden Wing) (hotel)
• Dec .1994 – Polynesian Isles (condo)
• May 1999 – Disney Contemporary (Main Building with high floor and Magic Kingdom view) (hotel)
• Dec. 2001 – Cypress Pointe (condo)
• March 2003 – Sheraton Vistana – Cascades section (condo)
• March 2004 – Sheraton Vistana – Cascades section (condo)
• Dec. 2004 -- Cypress Pointe (condo)
• June 2006 – Actually at my cousin’s condo (permanent residence) in Tampa (do day trips count?? – This was a chance to really explore Busch Gardens too.)
• June 2007 – Cypress Point Grandvillas (condo), Disney -- Port Orleans Riverside (hotel), and Sheraton Vistana – Fountains section (condo) – stayed three different places on this trip.
• Dec. 2008 – Sheraton Vistana Resort (remodeled Fountains section) (condo)
• Oct. 2009 – Hilton Garden Inn Seaworld (hotel)
(Will be going again March 2010 – staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Seaworld again)

We visited friends in Bonnet Creek and it had an AMAZING pool complex. definately on par with most WDW resorts except of course Beach club. the rooms were very nice and updated and clean To be honest they might as well say its on WDW property because it is right across the road from old key west, Carribean Beach, and DTD. Very short trip to MGM and MK. it was closer than our hotel AKL by far!

If you are planning on spending a lot of time at the pools, Bonnet Creek definitely has the best pool area. They have 2 lazy rivers as well as a couple "regular" pools. One with a slide. They also have a spray fountain area for little ones along with kids activities, free minigolf, small playground.

The downside (to me) at Bonnet Creek is that they are high rise buildings. I do like to drive up to a driveway and walk in my unit. But the amenities far outweigh the negative and we will be back there next month for 10 days.

Windsor Hills is also a beautiful resort. The pool area, while very nice, doesn't rival Bonnet Creek's however. Same thing for Cypress Pointe which to me has the "least" nice pool area. If the pool is the primary concern, Bonnet Creek wins.

I don't think you can go wrong at any of them and think you'll have an awesome time no matter which you pick.

By the way, all the units do have full kitchens and washer/dryers along with the big soaking tubs in the master bedroom.

As far as shuttles, I think it runs every half hour. But we use a car anyway. Just prefer not waiting for a bus. If the kids are "done" we just like to leave when we want.

Thanks for all of the information! I'm wrestling with whether it's better to have the convenience of parking in front of a WH townhouse, or the resort feel of Bonnet Creek (with great pools). Looks like I have to join "Redbook.com" ($14.99) to inquire about listings on that site.

I may have said this, but the last two trips we spent ten days each at the Nick Hotel so the kids have that pool to compare to. We thought the Nick had gone way downhill the last time we stayed there, though. However, it is paradise for children (not adults :).

KC

Cattailgal: That's the problem we have with our kids. They are now so spoiled by these beautiful resort pools that if we go somewhere that doesn't have a lazy river with multiple slides, etc.. they are disappointed. LOL!!

Then again...I'm the same way and take full responsibility for it!

Have a great trip!

You may already know this, but on Redweek.com you can sign up as a guest. That's what I always do. And then (only if you see something that you want to rent) pay the $15 (annual fee) to join. You have to join to contact an owner.

20 Trips with # 21 coming up // The boards, though, say I’m just earning my ears.
• March 1971 – KOA closest to Disney (camping)
• March 1972 – Jellystone Park (camping)
• March 1974 – Outdoor Resorts of America (camping)
• Dec. 1974 – Outdoor Resorts of American (camping)
• March 1975 – Outdoor Resorts of America (camping)
• Dec. 1975 – Fort Wilderness (camping)
• Dec. 1976 – Fort Wilderness (camping)
• Dec. 1977 -- Outdoor Resorts of America (camping)
• Dec. 1986 – Marriott Royal Palms (condo by Marriott World Center)
• May 1993 – Disney Contemporary (Garden Wing) (hotel)
• Dec. 1994 – Polynesian Isles (condo)
• May 1999 – Disney Contemporary (Main Building with high floor and Magic Kingdom view) (hotel)
• Dec. 2001 – Cypress Pointe (condo)
• March 2003 – Sheraton Vistana – Cascades section (condo)
• March 2004 – Sheraton Vistana – Cascades section (condo)
• Dec. 2004 -- Cypress Pointe (condo)
• June 2006 – Actually at my cousin’s condo (permanent residence) in Tampa (do day trips count?? – This was a chance to really explore Busch Gardens too.)
• June 2007 – Cypress Point Grandvillas (condo), Disney -- Port Orleans Riverside (hotel), and Sheraton Vistana – Fountains section (condo) – stayed three different places on this trip.
• Dec. 2008 – Sheraton Vistana Resort (remodeled Fountains section) (condo)
• Oct. 2009 – Hilton Garden Inn Seaworld (hotel)
(Will be going again March 2010 – staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Seaworld again)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter