Windows Phones & Disney Expedition

Disfan1968

Ordinary Pig
As there is no My Disney Experience phone app for Windows phones, do any Windows phone users want to chime in and talk about the functionality of Windows Expedition (the windows phone equivalent to My Disney Experience) while in the parks?

Would love to hear from those that might have been there/done that. :)

Disney Expedition allows users to re-book fast passes, navigate to points of interest within the park, check ride wait times, when and where to meet characters among other things. Those who use the app will know what I mean, those who don't will not.

I am really looking to hear from users of the specific app I am asking about as to how it's functions work.

Disney Expedition allows users to re-book fast passes, navigate to points of interest within the park, check ride wait times, when and where to meet characters among other things. Those who use the app will know what I mean, those who don't will not.

I am really looking to hear from users of the specific app I am asking about as to how it's functions work.

I'll use it next time I'm in the parks

Here is a list of what it does... asking how it has worked for those using it! :)

Disney Expedition Features
• Detailed lists of attractions, characters, shows, shops, dining, and guest services
• Offical wait times and FASTPASS® return times for attractions
• Character meeting location and times
• View upcoming times for parades, and other shows
• View restaurant menus with prices
• Schedule an alarm reminder so you never miss a show
• Search feature allows you to search for that special character, restaurant, shop, etc.
• Filter and sort to meet your needs such as height requirements, type of ride, distance from your current location and many more
• Easily find the nearest restroom
• Locate all guest services such as ATMs or baby centers
• View Disney maps
• Get walking directions to any activity while in the park
• Hotel activities, restaurants, and other amenities
• Pin your hotel or your favorite park to the start
screen for easy access
• View three months of upcoming park hours
• Share details with your friends

I go in early August, so if I'm first I'll report back too! :)

I'll race you*. Are you affiliated with the dev in any way? I ask because I do Windows Phone development and I've got a Disney related site (in signature) that I'm going to turn into an app soon

*local resident ;)

I'm glad to see this app appear. I like my Windows Phone and am patiently waiting for WP8.1, but there are some apps I really want. In particular, My Disney Experience and Capital One Bank are the two apps that would make me switch to Android or iPhone. There are others my kids or wife have that look interesting, but I can either live without them, or there is an alternative for the Windows Phone.

I'll race you*. Are you affiliated with the dev in any way? I ask because I do Windows Phone development and I've got a Disney related site (in signature) that I'm going to turn into an app soon

*local resident ;)

I am NOT affiliated with development; just an interested consumer! :)

I didn't know this app existed so thanks for posting this thread. I'm not going until January but I would love to use this app if it turns out to be a good one. I love my Windows Phone and am very annoyed that Disney hasn't developed a version of MDE for it. Keep us posted!

I didn't know this app existed so thanks for posting this thread. I'm not going until January but I would love to use this app if it turns out to be a good one. I love my Windows Phone and am very annoyed that Disney hasn't developed a version of MDE for it. Keep us posted!

Sure, no problem! I have it downloaded and look at it from time to time. It seems to stay on top of wait times (Haunted Mansion 30 minutes right now!) and events and such pretty well. The integrated park maps are fantastic as well. Hoping it manages fast passes and a few other items smoothly while in park!

We'll be there next week. I plan to try to use it, but have DD's iPhone with MDExperience app as a back up just in case I don't like the Expedition.

And to the PP waiting patiently for 8.1, it is possible to manually download it now. Do a Google search... it took me a little over an hour to complete all the steps, and it probably voided the warranty, but I didn't care. And man, do I love all the new features of 8.1! :love:

Thanks for the post as I was wondering this too as I also have a Window's Phone. I do see my plans but am wondering if I can change my FP selections? I always use the website for booking ADRs and my FP yesterday but it would be useful if we want to change something on the fly at the park (e.g. if my little one doesn't want to go on a FP that we have booked).

Unfortunately, the app didn't work so well for us. The wait times were pretty accurate, and using the interactive maps at the park helped. But we found the dining info took so long to load, we never were able to use it (other than to see a list of CS places and what their hours were).

We were also unable to use the FP+ option. I don't blame the app for that--we had special tickets that couldn't be linked to our account (and I couldn't get FP+ ahead of our trip) so we had to go to the kiosks for our FP+ every morning. Even after linking our tickets to our MB each morning, we still had to go back to the kiosks to get additional FP+. That wasn't so bad. At Epcot, we walked past the huge line at the outdoor kiosk and right into Innoventions where a CM was waiting all alone.

While I paid for the app, the only features we ended up using were part of the free version anyway. However, I'm hoping that had we been able to use FP+ with normal tickets, it would have been worth it.

Good to know that wait times are accurate. I've been watching these while figuring out our FP plan. Too bad the FP change option doesn't work well as it would have been nice to be able to shift around FP+ options while at the park. Not sure if we'll have to carry an iPad for that (only because for some, I'm not 100% sure my younger one will want to ride).

Hey guys. (first timer here)
I can say that I have used the app since Feb 2011 when we first went to Disney World. We are DVC members and go two times, every other year (in total about five times). The app has grown and is updated on a regular basis. You do have to pay to access your MDE account info, but 95% of the functionality is free. It does offer cool stuff that the official app does not offer like getting walking directions to locations and finding the closest restroom!
I enjoy the feature to set an alarm for shows that I want to see. It seems loads faster than the official app.
You can reschedule a FP reservation for another time, but you cannot change the reservation to a different attraction.
As for the question about associated with the developer, the app does have a contact feature from the about page that let's you contact via email or twitter.
Hope this helps!

We are going in January and my husband and I both have Windows phones - I have the Disney Expedition app already. I need to get up to speed as I was unaware you could link your tickets and change Fastpasses on this app!?
My son has a Kindle (android) - but, the Google play download is unavailable on that as well. Is that true?

Anyone use this lately?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter