• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

wind tunnel sky diving

anna2001

Earning My Ears
Was watching the Travel channnel which highlighted the non
WDW attractions of Orlando and a wind tunnel sky diving segment was featured...would anyone have an idea the correct name of this business? I don't really have an qualms about jumping out of an airplane...its the sudden stop at the end that has prevented me from persuing that particular adventure...the wind tunnel appeared to be a safe method of experiencing the adrenaline rush w/o the smashed-into-a-million-pieces risk...
Thanks. Anna:D

Yes, I saw this on tv, too. MY l8 and 2l yo's would surely love this!

Don't name the name of the business, but I know someone on this DIS does cuz there was a previous thread on this a long time ago.

Herc.

I was interested in this place also. It is called Sky Venture and they have their own website at www.skyventure.com
Hope this helps. It definitely looks fun and I'm thinking of bringing my sone & daughter there in August.

On our visit in December 2000, 7 of us gave it a go. You have an hour starter session, which includes a briefing, safety, getting kitted up and time in the wind tunnel. They all had a great time and would definitely do it again. If you fancy just watching, there is a spectators area.

Enjoy:D

Kerry

Hi, See you're a Hoosier too! The one I can remember, was called SKYVENTURE. They have a website, you can print off a coupon for a discount. I'm thinking it's just www.skyventure.com

Have fun....
Lynn

Thank you everyone for the information...I'll definitely be contacting the sky venture folks.. Lynn...are you familiar with Kokomo?

the full web address is
www.adventuresinflorida.net/skyventure.htm.
Adults $38 Children $35 and a $5 coupon can be printed off the website. It includes a "class", equipment (safety helmet and jumpsuite) and air time. Winds at 120 mph...cool

Yes, I am familiar with KoKomo....been a very long time since I've been there. I'm 30 miles south of the IU campus, small town called Bedford. Have you ever done the wind tunnel before?

Lynn

The nearest I ever came to ACTUAL sky diving was leaping from a 2 story tower platform positioned in the middle of the lake we used to swim at when I was a kid. But......I remember it as a total rush....hesitating at the top, looking down, stepping off, then screaming your foolish head off until you've plunged beneath the water's surface, and popping up for air. Granted, it has been YEARS since I've scaled that tower, but life is evolving into a way that I want to experience as many adventures as possible prior to the spirit being willing and the flesh just too darn pooped out.
My plan is to reward myself with this sky venture when I've passed Indiana State Boards for my nursing license. The trip to WDW will be for earning my nursing degree. (Gotta set the carrot out there.)
Been in Southern Indiana several times...eldest son is program/music director at country station WCBK in Martinsville, and next son is attending University of Evansville. The other teenagers remain at home. Bedford (if I remember correctly) is near or on the route to Holiday World....not WDW but a nice trip for the weekend.
Will post report when I' ve flown:p Anna

Sounds like you've earned a great vacation! Can't think of a better place to spend it! Have a great time!!

Lynn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter