Williamsburg BG dining options...

NewWorld Traveler

Earning My Ears
We are planning a trip to Williamsburg in July and were wondering if the dining plans were a good deal at Busch Gardens. I see there are certificates as well as an "all you can eat" wristband. Has anyone else purchased these in the past?

We purchased the meal deal. I had read that it was a good price for what you got, and my kids enjoyed getting dessert (for a change!). We went last July, and ate both days at the Germany restaurant. There is a show which is quite good, and the restaurant is large and AIR-CONDITIONED! Most of the other restaurants had outdoor seating, not what we wanted on those hot, muggy July days. We were surprised that the park was relatively uncrowded in July, and my kids rode Griffon 8 times in one day.

We are going in July also. I am going to check into the meal plan, sounds like something we might be interested in too. If I have air-conditioned options for eating in July I am all for it !

My family has purchased the meal plan and it is a very good deal! We always seem to eat in the Germany Restaurant and it's great in the summer for the air conditioning :)

We purchased the meal deal. I had read that it was a good price for what you got, and my kids enjoyed getting dessert (for a change!). We went last July, and ate both days at the Germany restaurant. There is a show which is quite good, and the restaurant is large and AIR-CONDITIONED! Most of the other restaurants had outdoor seating, not what we wanted on those hot, muggy July days. We were surprised that the park was relatively uncrowded in July, and my kids rode Griffon 8 times in one day.

My family has purchased the meal plan and it is a very good deal! We always seem to eat in the Germany Restaurant and it's great in the summer for the air conditioning :)

Not only is it air-conditioned but to be honest we feel its the best food and value in the park!! We love Busch Gardens.:goodvibes

We were just there last week and did NOT buy meal plans. We ate in Germany (Festhaus) and it cost us $40! for the 3 of us!

2 kids pizzas
1 sandwich
1 dessert
1 coke
1 water

The meal deal is probably a good idea...

Also: if you sit close to the stage they may pull you up to dance!

Have fun :)

We went last July and purchased the meal deal tickets. What a bargain they were!! We ate at Trappers smokehouse one day and someplace in italy another day. This deal also came with an Extra drink (aside from the one included with the meal), we used this for the lemonade slushies that were so refreshing in the hot July sun. There was also the same deal for Water country, though the food options weren't as good, but it was still a good deal and I didn't have to worry about price. We were able to purchase them off the busch gardens website, along with discounted parking passes.

July wasn't very crowded last year either. We had a great time.

forgot to mention that the deal last year cost $20, which included two meals (entree, drink and dessert) and two extra drinks.

We live near BG and go for dinner every couple of weeks. I always buy the platinum meal certificate for us before we leave. It includes 1 dinner, two additional sides and 1 drink. At the beginning of the season I bought the refillable mug certificate. I think that saved me a $1 off the price. The refills are 99cents for the rest of the year. So with the platinum certificate and the refillable mug that gets us a large meal that we share, a salad and a desert (which we share), an individual drink for one of us and the refilled mug for the other. If you have kids who must have their own meal, then the kid's meal certificate does save you $1 off the kids meal price (which includes a drink).

We've done this at the Festhaus and the Smokehouse and we've never left hungry. My son is finally starting to eat table food so it looks like the kid's meal certificate is in my future.

Great! Thanks for the information. Sounds like this is a good deal. Now I just need to understand if I should buy dining certificates separately or try an all day dining pass. Will need to do some research on that one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter