Will you pay $150 for the new "Disney After Dark" event in the MK?

Would you spend $150 on your next trip for the Disney after Dark event?

• Yes

Votes: 66 6.0%
  • No

Votes: 953 87.1%
  • Not sure

Votes: 75 6.9%

• Total voters
I only voted "no" because I simply can't stay up that late anymore! And neither can DS8, so it wouldn't be worth it. I'm not against the idea however. Yes, I would be willing to spend $150 for essentially 6 to 7 hours of park time, 3 of which have extremely low crowds and ice cream! It would definitely affect which ticket I would choose for the rest of my trip and my touring plan as that would have to count for an outlier MK day (and would probably be our only one) and then I would probably try to offset that cost elsewhere in the trip - fewer TS, not adding park hopper, etc.

I am in the NO camp-and if this a way to get rid of EMH or offer it to offsite guests at a premium then there is REALLY no reason to stay on WDW property anymore. We did a 2 am EMH last year and the park was wonderfully empty for the most part (we didn't even try to do 7DMT or A&E though). However for that money-for ~$370 more we can have 3 days at Universal!(ETA for the 5 of us it would cost 370 more for Uni) So if I had that kinda money to blow it would be at a place where I have more time:)

I am in the NO camp-and if this a way to get rid of EMH or offer it to offsite guests at a premium then there is REALLY no reason to stay on WDW property anymore. We did a 2 am EMH last year and the park was wonderfully empty for the most part (we didn't even try to do 7DMT or A&E though). However for that money-for ~$370 more we can have 3 days at Universal!(ETA for the 5 of us it would cost 370 more for Uni) So if I had that kinda money to blow it would be at a place where I have more time:)

EMH might turn out to be preferable to this. Lots of people leave EMH after the first hour. After all, they don't have a bunch of extra money wrapped up in it. But what are the odds people will leave an event early after paying $150/head?

I simply wouldn't do it. I do go to the parties but that's because they offer a lot more than just walk-on rides (not to mention they are longer and half the price). I see a very limited target customer for this. I wonder if they are considering offering emh not only as a benefit for hotel guests but as a premium purchase for off-site guests. I know the popular belief is that they would nix emh and that's not out of the question but since it is likely wrapped up in the resort price already, it makes sense to attempt to make a few extra bucks from off-site guests who might want a few hours extra.

I voted no because $596 is just to much money to pay for an extra three hours. But if I hit the lottery then I guess that I will change my vote to a solid "maybe". For that price tag I could just add another day to our vacation :)

If it was a singles night with free premium liquor and a free night at GF club level and dessert party with caviar......

No. Just no.

I think our next trip will be at an off-site condo. We actually switched from a condo to Disney property this time and are going whole-hog on this trip (seven nights, DDP, etc.), but I think this will be the last "in the bubble" trip for a long time... unless I win the lottery. Or inherit millions from a wealthy long-lost relative.

The only way we would consider this would be if we were just adding one day of Disney on to a Florida/beach/Universal trip and didn't plan to buy multi-day tickets. AND if the one park day we wanted to do was MK.

If that was the case, I can see how you could make pretty good use of the tickets by having an early dinner at a MK area restaurant, entering MK by 7pm and staying until the very end of the event.

We would never add this to a regular Disney trip because of both the cost and the hours (would lose a park morning the next day sleeping in!). Just not appealing to us.

Reading it, it sounds like 150 for 7-2, with the last three hours limited crowds. Not much different than any other party tickets, really.

My kids are young, but it's not a terrible deal; not when compared to the rest of them. They don't have any summer parties yet -- this might be the way to integrate them.

But the bigger picture is interesting, because I'm starting to wonder if this has been the overarching plan all along -- mitigating crowds by splitting the days. Daytime tickets get you to the first fireworks show, then a nighttime ticket gets you from 5-12. I don't know if it's planned, but with FP+ Guaranteeing X rides for attendees, all day at the park might just mean all DAY, and then the PM crowd takes over with less crowds and fewer strollers.

They gotta do something. Maybe this is their answer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter