• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will you do Dream again?

No, not because I did not like the ship but because I don't like the itinerary. If the Dream ever starts sailing longer and better itineraries I will book it in a heartbeat. :)

I think we will do the Fantasy because of the longer cruise. The pools were definitely crowded on the sea day but there are plenty of other things to do. We would also go back to the Wonder or the Magic depending on the itinerary (though our daughter would miss the AquaDuck and the interactive pictures) and we would miss Remy. But we'd probably be on those ships becuase of itinerary and places we were seeing.

OP here. Glad to hear there are so many people willing to go back. I don't go on the Dream until June, but I'm already re-booked for the Fantasy for next year. Assuming Fantasy will be comparable to Dream...I'm all ready to do it again even though I haven't even done Dream yet! Like many, I'm a 7-night kind of gal...and the only reason I'm 'settling' for a 5-night this year is because I want to see the Dream. Thanks for all the responses...glad to hear the Dream is making people happy!

That picture of the Wonder made my skin crawl!!! All the pee that must have been in that water... :eek:

I haven't sailed on the Dream yet, so watching posts like this is interesting. For us, the pools are not a priority... if we wanted to sit by a pool, we'd have booked extra days at a Disney resort. We'll likely have DS check out Nemo's Reef, but beyond that, I expect we'll avoid the pool deck as much as possible. With so many other things going on, I'm actually very surprised by the number of people who plan to spend full days poolside on a ship. It seems like such a waste. :confused3

Im with you. I havent sail but I cant imagine expending a full day by the pool. I showed the picture to my 8yo daughter and she said she prefer to go really early or late tot he pool. I had seen the Navigators and there are so many activities to do and I dont think the pool will be a priority for us.

Im with you. I havent sail but I cant imagine expending a full day by the pool. I showed the picture to my 8yo daughter and she said she prefer to go really early or late tot he pool. I had seen the Navigators and there are so many activities to do and I dont think the pool will be a priority for us.

My whole philosophy about cruises (and vacations in general) is do to stuff you don't normally do in 'regular' life. We live in Florida, and are around water all the time. So, for us, the activities are much more important. We'll leave the pools to the northerners who don't get to swim often. Of course, bet you'll see us in the AquaDuck line often.

I sailed on the magic in 2005 and the dream in February.

I loved the dream.

I would go back on in a heart beat. Our cruise was sold out, but besides the pools I never really noticed the crowds.

Pool wise we were able to get chairs by the pool even though their were lots of kids in the water. The times I went to the splash area with my baby, there was either just us, or us and 5 other people.

I prefer to take the kids swimming at night to keep them out of the sun and during those times they are quit empty.

In a New York minute!!!!:thumbsup2

I would even go on the short cruise again and just not get off anywhere but Castaway Cay....LOVED, LOVED, LOVED THE DREAM!!!

But, I am very much looking forward to my Wonder cruise to Alaska this summer and our Fantasy 7 day next year.

MJ

Yes, we sailed on the Dream on Jan 30 and we are doing a back to back in October. We absolutely loved the Dream and cannot wait to go back. We are a party of all adults, so we don't have as much problem with the crowds as people with children.

Overall, we loved the Dream even more than the Magic and Wonder and would probably find it hard to go back to the classic ships.

Absolutely would.

We were on the 3/10 Dream, 3-night cruise, just to check out the ship. Will be sailing again for 4-nights in Oct.

Best wishes.

Absolutely will!

was on 3/10 and booked for 8/16 ... I will only do the double dip with 2 stops castaway cay though ... looking forward to the Fantasy eastern

We were on the 3/20 4-day Dream cruise and we loved the ship! I agree that 4 days is not enough but we would go again on the Dream in a heart beat. I agree with other postings that there are not enough days to see everything there is to see and do on the ship so a long trip would be great. And even though we cruised during "spring break" the ship did not seem crowded to us...... and the pool seemed to be very managable.

Can't wait to go again in the near future.....:cool1:

That picture of the Wonder made my skin crawl!!! All the pee that must have been in that water... :eek:

I haven't sailed on the Dream yet, so watching posts like this is interesting. For us, the pools are not a priority... if we wanted to sit by a pool, we'd have booked extra days at a Disney resort. We'll likely have DS check out Nemo's Reef, but beyond that, I expect we'll avoid the pool deck as much as possible. With so many other things going on, I'm actually very surprised by the number of people who plan to spend full days poolside on a ship. It seems like such a waste. :confused3

That picture made the hair on my neck stand up! Cruising on the Dream in late August and have planned a few days @ WDW before the sail...looks like we'll be spending some time at Typhoon Lagoon beforehand! Wasn't going to go on a day excursion to Nassau but I think I may need to plan it now!

We sailed February 10-13th.

Not only would we sail on the Dream again, we ARE!

October 13th - we're taking all 4 of my kids. :)

We're also on the first Eastern voyage of the Fantasy next April.

We're fans for life!

We did the 3/13 dream cruise with the nightmare boarding and even with that and the crowds we would do it again, the joy my daughter received from the cruise outweighed the annoyances along the way for us. We are booked for the Jan 3 2012 5 night.

I personally love Nassau so the itinerary is fine with me.
We were on that sailing too. I re-booked on board for next Spring Break.

ABSOLUTELY we would go again. We were on the MV and the following cruise and LOVED every moment of both cruises. We didn't have any problems with DCL. The only thing we were upset about was the rude guests that hoarded merchandise. Any other cruise on the Dream wouldn't have that.

Yes, we will do our 2nd in August. :goodvibes

We are doing a 4-day in Oct, and have a b2b planned for next spring. We are hoping to get a "feel" for what we want to make sure to do on the b2b. We are hoping for a blast!

We just got off the 3/27 cruise. Although we had a great time even with the crowds, we would not do a 4 night cruise again. It is just too short of a cruise for us. We would do the Fantasy 7 night cruise as we really loved the new ship (just not a sold out ship).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter