Will you book the Poly on Feb 25?

DisneyinPA

Mouseketeer
For those that the Poly is not their home resort and within the 7 month booking window I'm curious will you make a new reservation or change an existing one on Feb 25? I'm already booked June 6-11 at OKW 1 bedroom with 2 adults and 2 kids and trying to decide if I want to bite the bullet and downgrade to a studio at the Poly if I get it on the 25th. The major factor will be if the pool will be finished but that's the risk I'll have to take. I've always wanted to say there but I'll have to decide if I want less space and a chance of not having a pool option.

I will hopefully be switching but NOT to the poly. I'm hopeful that with everyone else switching around to the poly that I can switch my BLT 2 bedroom lake view to a Standard view. I personally don't feel like the poly is worth it.

Not on the 25th. I'm staying away from that one! :faint:

But I do have points in holding that I will probably try to use in May if I don't before then and Poly will likely be our top option if it's available. I like to check out the new resorts.

We learned our lesson and will never stay at a new resort until the bugs are worked out. BLT had HVAC, hot water, door lock, and CM training issues when it opened. Then they decided to move sinks and add bathroom door locks.

:earsboy: Bill

We will be cruising on the 25th so my thoughts about changing part of our May or August vacation will have to wait until we get back. We would like to stay at the Poly.

I have holding points that I am going to try and use to book something at the PBV and then I'll rent that out, I think.

We have 3 studios at OKW June 7-11. We are going to try to get at least one of them switched to the Poly. Fingers crossed.

I'm thinking of switching our one night, May 1 which is after our cruise. I think I want to see what's happening with the pool too.

We learned our lesson and will never stay at a new resort until the bugs are worked out. BLT had HVAC, hot water, door lock, and CM training issues when it opened. Then they decided to move sinks and add bathroom door locks.

I was considering switching AKV to poly in April but trust your advice. Do you think by October they'll have the bugs worked out?

Yes - and I'll be taking that day off of work to try & do so. I'm an elementary public school teacher & have no time to try & call DVC while I'm at school (7am-4pm) so my only option is to take the day off of work.

Right now, I have 9 nights booked at BCV in June. I hope to get the first 3 nights switched to the Poly.....thus, allowing someone else to get my 3 nights at BCV.

thanks for this tip.

I was considering switching AKV to poly in April but trust your advice. Do you think by October they'll have the bugs worked out?

Hard to say, we like all construction in the area completed including the main building, the pools and landscaping. Why rush to stay somewhere and spend your points just because it's a new offering when you don't get the finished product?

It isn't going anywhere and it will be there for years so we will wait, read the posts here on the DIS and schedule a stay after everything is completed.

I'm really tempted to try to switch our TWO nights at a VWL Studio to TWO nights in a Studio at the Poly in early July. I'm torn though. I would really love to stay at VWL again since our last stay there was a 2-night stay in November a few years ago and we never had a chance to visit the pool or really enjoy the resort. Going in July we are anticipating LOTS of pool time and even some time on the beach there to watch fireworks.

What is the anticipated finish date of the Poly pool right now? I'll admit I haven't been keeping up completely with that construction. Possibility of NO pool in July (or no FUN pool) could really sway our plans!

It was my original intention to try to move our June reservation over to the Poly on February 25th, BUT a miracle happened in that I was just able to this week snag 3 nights in a studio at the Grand Californian for our July trip. Unfortunately, GCV has some serious point requirements so I am now tapped out.

What is the anticipated finish date of the Poly pool right now? I'll admit I haven't been keeping up completely with that construction. Possibility of NO pool in July (or no FUN pool) could really sway our plans!

Right now, the time frame for completion of the main pool is spring. This means it will be done by July.

Estimates range from April 1 to being delayed into June.
Someone reported they hire 2 more crews to work around the clock.

Keep in mind, after the main pool finishes, the other pool will begin construction. PVB documentation shows this pool being completed winter 2016. Additionally, Tikiman has mentioned some work still will be done besides the pools. Look for PV construction to go into 2016.

We were for our one day in May that we had before we transfer for a week at AKV but our waitlist for VGF came through and we haven't stayed there yet. So we will probably keep that one instead. Probably just walk over to the Poly to check it out.

I'm already booked at the Poly for 7 nights with cash April 13-20. Not too concerned about having any issues. I think it's going to be incredible!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter