• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will we be miserable?

nollidttam

Earning My Ears
We are a family of 7, one of which is an infant. We have 13 nights booked at all stars movies, adjoining rooms.
I keep reading bad reviews about the rooms being so small and dirty.
What do you think? Will we be miserable?
Does anyone have a ballpark figure for fort wilderness cabin? Would that be better? We are going in May, so we could be out of luck anyway.

Have you looked into an All Star Suite? It would be cheaper than a cabin.

By the way, you probably want to change the wording on your reservation. Adjoining rooms are rooms that are next to each other, without the inside door. If you want the door you need to have iyour reservation say "connecting rooms". Keep in mind too that connecting rooms are just a request, and not guaranteed.

I haven't stayed at ASMovies, but they are the same size at all of the Value resorts. I have seen only a few comments on DIS about dirty rooms at ASMovies (most are more positive), but I can tell you our room at ASMusic was spotless.

Since you are getting 2 rooms already, you might want to look into a suite anyway -- would be great to have the kitchenette if you have an infant.

If you have kids in the second room (no adults) you are guaranteed a connecting room.

You just need to tell them when you make the reservation.

We loved all of our stays at the value resorts.

If you have kids in the second room (no adults) you are guaranteed a connecting room.

You just need to tell them when you make the reservation.

We loved all of our stays at the value resorts.

No, you are NOT guaranteed connecting! That is a fairly common misconcepton. There have been posts on this board from people who had "guaranteed connecting" on their reservations, and they still didn't receive them. If you have 2 adults, Disney CAN split you up into 2 rooms that don't connect, one adult for each room. Stuff happens, pipes break, people don't leave when they are supposed to, so sometimes connecting rooms are not available when they should be.

Most likely you will get connecting rooms if you have that requst on your resrvation. But it is still just a request. It is not 100% guaranteed.

Movies bad reviews - haven't seem that one.

now some people don't like Sports even with the new rehab. but most seem to love Movies.

Music is another one - either they love it or hate it. Sports and Music have had a rehab. maybe someone though Movie did to and was disappointed.

We are a family of 7, one of which is an infant. We have 13 nights booked at all stars movies, adjoining rooms.
Does anyone have a ballpark figure for fort wilderness cabin? Would that be better? We are going in May, so we could be out of luck anyway.

Well we went down 10 people and stayed in two adjoining rooms and a third room and we were just fine. It was at the All-Star Sports ( We have stayed in a smaller group at the All-Star Movies since then, and we liked the resort slightly better actually ). I would totally go again. You don't spend THAT much time in the rooms anyway.

P.S. This is coming from someone who benefits from a family member's DVC on a regular basis, and got to stay at the BCV and AKV and I still would stay at the All-stars in a heart beat if I could go down tomorrow.

No, you are NOT guaranteed connecting! That is a fairly common misconcepton. There have been posts on this board from people who had "guaranteed connecting" on their reservations, and they still didn't receive them. If you have 2 adults, Disney CAN split you up into 2 rooms that don't connect, one adult for each room. Stuff happens, pipes break, people don't leave when they are supposed to, so sometimes connecting rooms are not available when they should be.

Most likely you will get connecting rooms if you have that requst on your resrvation. But it is still just a request. It is not 100% guaranteed.

I guess guaranteed is a little strong, but if you tell them you need connecting rooms because of all the kids. You willl get first dibs on the room if you tell them when you make the reservation.

For the life of me I can't find on Disney where I read it.

I have done this many of times when my boys were little. We were very happy to be in disney and happy to stay that long we done this up to 17 nights. You sleep & shower in the room. That's my thoughts on it.
Have a Magical Time :thumbsup2

Thanks everyone..I was getting nervous about the size.
The suites are all sold out, so they said, otherwise we absolutely would have gone with a suite.
They said our rooms would be connecting, so I guess I just have to hope that they are indeed connected.
Thanks so much for making me feel better!

We were at ASMo a couple of weeks ago and were pleased with everything. The room was clean, we got towel animals and we enjoyed being at the resort. We have stayed at all the All-Stars and Pop and ASMo remains our favorite. I hope you have a great trip.

Thanks everyone..I was getting nervous about the size.
The suites are all sold out, so they said, otherwise we absolutely would have gone with a suite.
They said our rooms would be connecting, so I guess I just have to hope that they are indeed connected.
Thanks so much for making me feel better!

If you still want a suite, keep checking (right up until the day you leave) Things can change quickly.

I haven't stayed at ASMovies, but they are the same size at all of the Value resorts. I have seen only a few comments on DIS about dirty rooms at ASMovies (most are more positive), but I can tell you our room at ASMusic was spotless.

Since you are getting 2 rooms already, you might want to look into a suite anyway -- would be great to have the kitchenette if you have an infant.
We had the same experience. Rooms were very clean and nice

I would stay ANYWHERE, if it meant spending 13 days in WDW with my family. I love deluxe resorts, but, I know I could not be miserable at Disney, even in a value resort. The rooms may be small, so what?? We've had a couple dirty rooms, one in which we had to move, while staying in a deluxe. I dont think dirty rooms only happen in the values. My advice, quit reading the reviews and focus on all the fun your going to have. Given a chance, you may find you like movies, I'm sure your kids will. Have an awesome trip.

We stayed at Movies, and it was great. We had 8 of us and they got us "adjoining rooms" they didnt connect to eachother but they were right next door. Which turned out to be a good thing because once one person was tired we went to the next room and that person got to sleep. I would keep where your room requests to a minimum, and try and get there as early as possible. Good luck and hope you have a great trip!

I don't think you will be miserable, it will be a tight fit, yes, the rooms are small. As far as dirty...doesn't matter what disney resort you book, disney housekeeping has serious problems.

I think there is good and bad housekeeping at every resort and some of it is guest perspective.
I have read reviews by people staying at a resort that loved it while someone else staying there hated it or one person said I was at WDW on this date and the park was empty and someone else says they were there and it was crowded on the same day!!:lmao:
I really think that a positive attitude will help and keep everyone hapier inthe long run. Like many have said, you are at Disney, have fun and dont expect perfection.

we had a magical gathering with 5 rooms, all in a row with four of them connecting (2 groups of 2). It was on the second floor, everyone kept the doors open and we pretty much took over the walkway. People moving room to room, leaning on the railing. Good times were had by all.

If they can acomodate a group of 15, the can get two rooms together.

I have never stayed at the values but stayed at the cabins a few times and we loved them! They run around $300.00 per night, but with the deals right now (4/7), if still available, would be reasonable.

The only drawback is that the bus rides to and from the park can be longer because they have to go around different loops. We always had a car so it was not an issue.

But, they do have a full kitchen which gives you an option to eat in your room--with a family of 7, maybe something you would value.

The bedrooms had a double bed and a set of bunk beds. The main living area had a murphy bed that pulls down from the wall, and a coach. When I was there, they also had a pack and play in the closet for the infants.

Have a great time!!!

We've stayed at Movies a bunch of times and never had a feeling of it being dirty. Our beds were always made when we came back, the towels were picked up and changed and the garbage was empty. We like Movies the best out of all 3 but that's just us. The rooms are fine! You will have enough room to move around and be comfortable. Just be creative with where you store your things and have fun. It would be hard to have a bad time with 13 days to visit! Lucky! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter