Will we be happy at CBR in May?

Love CBR!! It is so peaceful and the activity pool is great. There is something for all ages. My only suggestion if you can afford it and get one, is to get a preferred room. When we went it was $200 more and well worth it. Very handy at the end of a long day. Have fun!!

You must be going the same time we are...May 14th we will arrive:) Thanks for all what you wrote...it made me feel better...we are definatley go with the flow type family...and do alot of outside activity...so the walking wouldn't bother us...from reading some people's reviews...I was worried it would be like a 20 minute walk to the pool... We will definately be using our strollers (don't want the kids to get worn out)... I am excited (probably just as excited as my kids)...but I always worry when you read negative reviews...

We are arriving on the 14th too! We've never stayed on property before and we are staying at SOG. This will be our first family trip to the world! :cloud9: I'm sure your family will have a great time at the CBR!

We love CBR. We've been there twice and it's our favorite. There is some walking, but I don't mind it because the resort is so beautiful and peaceful.

The buses are great if you come back for a mid-day break, but they were awful when we stayed until park closing. Many times we had long waits.

I figured I would add my $.02 - I stayed at CBR back in September 2007 With my mom for a girls only trip. I did pay for a preferred room and was 1 building away from OPR. We loved the resort and the theming. We never had any issues with the buses there. As far as long waits go leaving the parks, I have had that with all the resorts I have stayed in. Just a fact of life at Disney when staying til park closing, you may have no seat on the bus or may even have to wait for another one.

We stayed at AKL in December and we had a hike to our room. We were at the very end of the building. In the morning the walk wasn't so bad, but at the end of a long park day when you just want to fall in bed, it can be excruciating. After my experience in December, I can understand why having that long of a walk would turn some people off from CBR, but remember, there is an internal bus that runs, so if you are in the furthest building from OPR, you could just hop on a bus.

Next month I'm going back and can't wait to stay at CBR again. :thumbsup2

We love CBR!!! We also have a 3 and a 5 yr old and let me tell you the pool area is the best for that age. Loved the kiddie pool area that was inclosed in a fenced area and it has little slides and a dumping bucket and if you choose to go in the big pool it has zero entry so no worries there, they can just play and walk right in the shallow area. Also the walk was never an issue for us, we enjoyed the beautiful resort. We will also be arriving May 14th for 8 nights. :thumbsup2 Have a great trip!!!:banana:

We love CBR!!! We also have a 3 and a 5 yr old and let me tell you the pool area is the best for that age. Loved the kiddie pool area that was inclosed in a fenced area and it has little slides and a dumping bucket and if you choose to go in the big pool it has zero entry so no worries there, they can just play and walk right in the shallow area. Also the walk was never an issue for us, we enjoyed the beautiful resort. We will also be arriving May 14th for 8 nights. :thumbsup2 Have a great trip!!!:banana:

Thanks! That is one of the reasons I picked the hotel for the kiddie pool...I think my kids will love it! Maybe we will see you there:) I can't wait!

We stayed at CBR in October and for us (after a stay at AKL in their concierge level), it was just "ok". Luckily we were close-ish to the main hub of the resort because if we weren't, I think we would have disliked it far more.

It is a big resort and the grounds are lovely... but it was all a little too motel-like and too spread out for our liking.

CBR is a beautiful resort!! If you can afford a preferred room get one, if not request the closest room to the food court/pool area that is not preferred. With your age kids you made a great choice!! The kiddie is very good as well as the main pool which has 2 slides, one bigger and faster and one smaller. We stayed here last Aug and bus service was very good. Have a great trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter