• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will we be able to swim at Castaway Cay in Feb 2007

FLmomof2

Keep Moving Forward
I am just wondering if any of you that have just returned from an Eastern Carribean Cruise on the Magic were able to swim? How was the weather? We are book on the Feb 3 2007 cruise.

Thanks!

DH and I were there end of January on the eastern cruise. We thought the water was cold, but others disagreed. We are tough midwesterners who weather some mighty cold temps. DH made it into water up to his knees...me? my ankles. Brrrr.

FLmomof2 said:
I am just wondering if any of you that have just returned from an Eastern Carribean Cruise on the Magic were able to swim? How was the weather? We are book on the Feb 3 2007 cruise.

Thanks!

We were on disney cruise in Feb. 05, and the weather was wonderful., Yes, we were able to swim, snorkel and all that fun stuff. Had a ball.

Happy cruising :cool1:

We just returned from the Feb 11 Western and the weather for us wasn't that great. It was cold and windy much of the week. While we enjoyed our day at Castaway Cay, the weather was a disappointment. It was cool and cloudy and even rained a little. We didn't let it interfere with having fun but it would have been nice to have some sunshine. The water was definitely chilly, but not nearly as cold as it is here in California so we didn't hesitate to swim and snorkel. The rates for our cruise were great, but I am not sure I would go in February again. I guess if I did I would just be prepared for less than perfect weather. It is still great to be on the Magic even when the weather is not ideal.

Thanks for the info!! Maybe next year will be better for weather????? Just trying to be hopeful! I know we will have a good time regardless, but being from FL you can never have too much sunshine!

we just got back for the president week eastern and the weather was incredible ... high 80's in the carribean and CC was mid to upper 70's water at CC was a bit cold but not really that bad ..... everyone was in the water ... I hope we have the same weather next year

We were on that same Feb. 11 cruise, and the weather was definitely disappointing! We went the same week in 2005 and the weather was perfect so you just never know. The water was too cold for me so I just walked along the beautiful beach. There were lots of people in the water, so I guess it all depends on whether or not you are brave enough to enter those cold waters. No matter what I am sure you will have a great time, and we will be heading back out next year for that same week, keeping our fingers crossed for another trip like that in 2005!

Laura

We were on the 2/5 (i believe) easter in 04...and boy was the water cold!! I was determined to find the hidden mickey in the lagoon, though. After a few minutes, I got use to it. The weather was perfect for playing in the sand w/DS who was 2.5.

We were on the Feb 4 Magic cruise this year. Our CC Day was awesome weather, it was about 75 and sunny. The water was definitely a little chilly but we all snorkeled for at least 2 hours and then warmed in the sun. After lunch my kids went back in and swam and snorkeled some more so I think it is hit or miss. CC is so nice and clean and just AWESOME! Can't wait to go back Jan 07!

We were on the 2/16. We went to Serenity Bay at C.C. It was too cold for us...No one on the adult beach was swimming. Everyone was laying out trying to warm up... :sunny: We are going again on 3/23 and I'm crossing my fingers for the warmer weather. :sunny: :sunny:

atakaratemom said:
We just returned from the Feb 11 Western and the weather for us wasn't that great. It was cold and windy much of the week.
I'm sure Mary will agree - it kills us to read the posts that start ... I was on the Feb 4 cruise and the weather was great! or ... I was on the Feb 18 cruise and the weather was great! Well the only consolation being on the Feb 11 cruise was the 2 feet of snow I left behind in NJ!

Yes I also swam at CC - for maybe 2 minutes, but ran to the Conched Out Bar and asked for a Hot Chocolate - you should have seen the look I got!!!!! - So I settled for a Margarita on the rocks - with salt - to melt the ice on my back!

Yes there was plenty of people swimming and snorkeling and it didn't take too long to get used to the water when the sun was out - but when the clouds came in and the winds picked up - brrrrrrrrrrr. Hope you get great weather - but even a cold windy rainy day did seem to bother too many at CC - it is an awesome place!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter