• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will we arrive on time for our ADR?

poohbear1029

<font color=deeppink>Masquerading as a normal pers
Hi! Havent posted in a long time, but I am in a dilemma planning. We booked our ADRs before we booked our flights. We arrive at MCO at 3:30 on October 28th. We'll be on American Airlines (hopefully. ;), which appears to be close to where the Magical Express is from the airport map.
Its my husband and I and our 3 boys. We will be taking Magical Express to Bay Lake Tower. We have a 5:45 ADR for Chef Mickey. Is this cutting it too close or can we do it? I wonder if I should chance it. Dont they charge us now for missed ADRs at Chef Mickey's?

Thoughts? There are no later reservations available per the online booking.

Have you been watching the delays on the flights from your area? I am flying AA next week and my flight has been leaving 1-2 hours late 75% of the time in the past 2 weeks.

I'm an AA frequent flier and have had way too many delays in the past 2 years to count on making an ADR with that small of a window.

I hate to say it, but I wouldn't chance it. Especially with all that AA is going thru right now. The odds of your flight being late are pretty high.

If you miss your ADR, yes, you will be charged $10 per person. I think you should try and change your ADR to another day.

:( I am so irritated with AA. We werent even going to fly until the last minute and havent flown in forever, so we werent paying too much attention to the airline industry. You are both probably right, but dang, in a perfect world we could do this! LOL

Just checked and our flight has been on time or within 1/2 hour for the last month. Hoping that continues, but realistic about that too.

You're probably not going to make that reservation. If there is any delay at all you will definitely miss it. And yes, you will be charged $10 per person if you miss it.

At what point does Disney decide to charge you for missing your ADR? If you're 15 minutes late? An hour? Two hours? Over the years we've been tardy for ADRs but we were never turned away.

Poohbear even if you could make it on time, you'd be stressing the whole time leading up to it, not a fun way to begin a vacation. I'd recommend choosing another place to dine.:earsboy:

It's usually said that if you are 15 minutes late you go back in the standby line if you show up after that, but at what point you are charged even if you eventually show up, I don't know.

poohbear1029 said:
:( I am so irritated with AA. We werent even going to fly until the last minute and havent flown in forever, so we werent paying too much attention to the airline industry. You are both probably right, but dang, in a perfect world we could do this! LOL

That's going to be close! We flew AA two weeks ago to Key West , from Boston , first connection in Miami. It was a nightmare! All of our flights were delayed by over an hour. On our return flight from Miami to Boston, we were an hour late to start with and then had to wait on the runway in Boston for over 45 mins because AA had messed up the gate assignments because everything was late. I don't think we will fly them again, happens every year we go to Key West. Thank god we are flying Jet Blue to Orlando in 3 weeks. Good luck

The general rule of thumb is to allow about 90 minutes from when you de-plane to when you arrive at your resort. However it could be longer if your plane is late arriving, has to wait for a gate, encounters traffic on the road, etc. Personally I would not make a credit card ADR on the day you arrive because of the fee if you are late or a no show.

The only thing I am grateful for is the fact that we have a direct flight. We may have a delay, but at least there is only one flight to worry about. I am going to call dining tomorrow and see what my options are to change it and what time they recommend.

Not only do you need to be concerned about the flight, but ME. Between checking in, waiting in your resort line, and getting on the bus, then waiting for the bus to fill... that could be timely too. We've waited 30-45 minutes, from check-in to the bus going, then still had to "deliver" guests to 2-3 different resorts.... in that alone, it's cutting it close for your ressie.

Yes, the ME may be your longest delay. When we stayed at the Contemporary we shared an ME bus with the Grand Floridian, the Poly, and Wilderness Lodge. The ME bus was full and the Contemporary was the last stop... once we got on the bus it took well over an hour to get from the airport, stop at all 3 resorts before the Contemporary and wait for everyone to get off, collect their belongings, etc.

ADR "NO-SHOW" CANCELLATION FEES:

1) The rule says you are charged $10 per person for "no-show" ADR's.
. . . penalty applies when none of the party appears for the ADR
. . . penalty does not apply when only some guests within your party do not appear
. . . character meals and signature meals usually have these penalties
. . . other meals that request a credit card hold may include a penalty fee
2) The "no-show" penalty procedure
. . . podium person lists ADR as no-show (checks "On Hold" box in computer)
. . . usually after 30-minutes tardiness you are marked as a "no-show"
. . . once listed as "no-show", your name and number of your guests are listed
. . . the computer file is reviewed by a restaurant manager at the end of the day
. . . the eatery manager SOLELY determines whether or not to charge you
. . . if charged, the cost penalty is on your credit/debit card, not KTTW card
3) Exceptions - policy
. . . penalty is not assessed for cancellations made the day before the ADR
. . . for some meals, there might be a different 24-hr or 48-hr cancel period
4) Exceptions - not policy, but for guest convenience and at manager's discretion
. . . cancellations for lunch/dinner made early in the same day
. . . you come to the eatery ANYTIME during the same day and kindly apologize
. . . a few minutes tardy, podium person usually will not denote "On Hold"
5) Trial Period
. . . this was done on a trial-basis for 4-weeks in Epcot
. . . cut down no-shows by over 75% at Epcot eateries
. . . Le Cellier cut daily no-shows from 2-3 pages to less than 1-page
. . . now policy, as no-shows greatly can reduce eatery revenue
. . . a no-show takes a ressie someone else might have gotten and kept

NOTE: During busy periods, there might be no grace period and late-is-late,
and they might even cancel your ADR. However, whether the ADR was canceled
due to tardiness or not, it does not affect the application of the penalty fee. For
the "no-show" fee at other eateries, you could show for dinner with a breakfast
ADR and not be tardy or a "no-show". In fact, at two eateries I know, you are at
the front of the line for the next table even when you are late, whether late by
15-minutes or 5-hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter