Will VWL ever "Build On"

Forever a Princess

One bottle of ketchup is not enough!
We love the VWL. Can't wait to go back.

I am assuming that the small size of the resort is because of the high water table of Bay lake.

I think I once heard that they could not build the VWL any bigger or else some of the rooms would be "swimming."

Anyone heard the same story or is there another explanation?

Renee

I have no idea, but it sure is fun to speculate.
I like the fact that VWL is small (the smallest on-site DVC Resort), but I think a few grand villas would be 'to die for'. In my opinion, the theming of VWL would be perfect for two floor GVs. The 'great room' formed by the open ceiling would be fantastic! :cool:

MG

VWL was the third DVC resort built at WDW, and by then Disney knew that DVC was a big winner. They also knew that WL was consistently popular with many guests.

So my guess is they would have built VWL as large as they could. I hadn't heard the issue about the water table, but I suppose that could be true. They also might have just wanted to make sure that it didn't get so big that the aesthetics of the setting would be compromised.

In any event, I agree with Maistre G that the small size is part of the appeal. Even if you are at the very end of the far hall, it's really not all that much of a walk to the lobby or to WL. :)

Lets hope not. Then we would have to share it with all those other people;) Just kiddin'

At the most, I would like to see a couple of "log cabins" that would serve as GV's like at Vero. I would not want to see another whole wing.

Originally posted by canda
At the most, I would like to see a couple of "log cabins" that would serve as GV's like at Vero. I would not want to see another whole wing.

That would be VERY cool!

Log cabins would be way cool! I guess that's what I would like to see at the villas have some grand villas. Then I could take the whole familey with us.

But now that I've said that maybe not having a grand villa and not taking the entire family along may be a good thing.:D

Originally posted by canda
Oh, that is the best idea yet!!! :cool:

MG

Well, I think it would be kind of fun to keep adding onto the end of the building until it's a half-mile long. Like Richyams was always complaining about BWV, only for real!

Oh, I loooove the idea of GVs at VWL. I've always felt a little ... well, *cheated* I guess ... that we don't have GVs there. Are you listening, DVD????? ;)

I was once told (by a WL Manager) that the size of VWL was limited due to the ability of the WL resort to handle the extra people/rooms. It was felt at the time that if VWL were any bigger it would put a burden on things like Frontdesk, Transportation, Parking, Resteraunts, Stores, etc. to the extent that that it would greatly decrease the overall quality and ruin the Resort.

GV at VWL !!!!! ...... I would be looking at a 400 point addon if the existed :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

I said this two years ago when we bought in!! How awsome would it be to have "Woods Cottages", around the lake!!! Seperate free standing building like at Vero! maybe at max 6-8 of them!

GV cottages would be incredible. Maybe a small grouping of cottages that bridge the property between WL and FW. The cottages could include., fireplace, out-door grill, hot-tub. Maybe give these cabins better trail access to FW, including golf-cart rentals. I would definitely sign up for an add-on.

But I wonder if DVC could turn this idea into a viable project...After all, it wouldn't generate very many additional points for sale.

timC said:
GV cottages would be incredible. Maybe a small grouping of cottages that bridge the property between WL and FW. The cottages could include., fireplace, out-door grill, hot-tub. Maybe give these cabins better trail access to FW, including golf-cart rentals. I would definitely sign up for an add-on.

But I wonder if DVC could turn this idea into a viable project...After all, it wouldn't generate very many additional points for sale.

How about taking over Discovery Island, build little Cabins out on the island, only accessible by boat!!! How neat would that be!!! Talk about peaceful! (okay I will go back to reality!)

Well I figure that the Boardwalk Villas Grand villas add an additional 35661 points per unit, so if they built 8 units and made them 20% more than a BWV Grand Villas (points per night) they would generate an additional 342,345 points. Multiply that times $89 per point is over 30 million dollars.

the rest of the land around VWL is a swamp. with the wetland federal code - DVD can't build there - and it is about as close to FW as it can get.

No cabins - they are expensive - and believe me your dues would increase to pay for their maintence.

One reason while GV were not build at either BCV or VWL was because at that time - the GV at BWV and OKW went empty except at holidays, Dec, and family's special occasion (anniversary, birthday, wedding, etc).

both BCV and VWL had little land - so the decision was made to only put in the units that DVC would have no trouble filling.

remember this decision was made in the PLANNING stages - back in 1999 - when DVC members at OKW and VB still got the free tickets - so there was a bunch of staying in studios then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter