Will UK guests be getting magic bands?

I like the idea of customising the band, and don't mind wearing one. Saves me getting my wallet out etc every time I buy something...lazy I know! I also don't think I'd take it off when I'm home, I'll be showing it to everyone!

I certainly hope they've ironed out all the bugs by my trip next year, I'm sure once it's out of testing they gets it sorted. There's bound to be problems when introducing something that can do so much. Also looking forward to customising parts of a ride and meeting Mickey and have him able to say my name or my little brother n sisters faces, I'm not sure which I'm more looking forward too haha.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Interesting that a lot of people here don't want bands I certainly don't! That is unless they are hypoalergeic! OK card as one stop shop lets see as I am an annual pass holder so get another one for that
Jacqui

Made of a hypoallergenic material, MagicBand is flexible and comfortable to wear. It has ridges on the backside that help air circulate between the band and the wrist. It has been designed to withstand hot and cold temperatures. It is also waterproof.

I'm heading over on the 31st Oct, for my Disney reservations to start on the 1st of Nov (having a night at Bonnet Creek Hilton first), so will be interesting to see if they do decide to roll out at the start of Nov.

We rarely used FP last year when we were in the parks, so the change to FP+ doesnt really concern me - typically our touring style is to stay in 1 park for the day and "hop" to a dinner ressie somewhere else (usually Epcot) so having to pick 3 and stay in that park works fine for us.... assuming that it stays like that.

As for the bands, I'm excited to see what they are llike. I'm very much up for giving everything a try once before I decide if I dont like it or not, but I have to say, I am a bit concerned about having a plastic thing around my wrist in the Florida heat!

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm having HUGE issues getting the MDE app or access to MDE website. In our house we have 3 tablets, iPod touch, and 2 smart phones and there is no compatible app for any of them. It seems to me that unless you have an iPhone you're out of luck!

The global website and the MDE website for UK visitors need to be addressed FAST in my opinion, as well as apps for Android.

Im using my iPod touch to access the site and all seems to be working ok.
Hope you manage to get access soon :goodvibes

As for the bands, I'm excited to see what they are llike. I'm very much up for giving everything a try once before I decide if I dont like it or not, but I have to say, I am a bit concerned about having a plastic thing around my wrist in the Florida heat!

I know what you mean. :goodvibes
You can buy some covers to cover the plastic band, hopefully that will help a bit. Although you don't have to wear them, you can attach them to something else or just have them in your bag-guessing its easier to wear them.

http://blog.wdwinfo.com/2013/05/17/first-look-disneys-mymagic-magicband/

We are at the AKL and have had the bands for five days, personally I think they are brilliant. We have the tickets, DDP, room keys, ability to spend against our credit card and fast passes linked to ours and use the app to control them. They have worked very well and I think they really are the way forward. Haven't really had any issues, you also get room cards so don't need to use them, but as I said, they have been excellent.

We are at OKW and don't have the bands. They are coming later this year apparently. Seen plenty of people using them and all well x

I'm booked to go on 31st May 2014 and quite keen to use the new system. At what stage can you start using the MDE for fast pass plus etc. Do you have to wait for the 180 days similar to the dining reservations ? Out of curiosity I looked on the MDE site and my reservation number is not even registering yet.

We go 14 may 2014 and my reservation number is working in the disney my magic + app. It does not show anything about fp+ but we are too far out. I spoke to a cm about upgrading dining and she said it will be in full swing by the time we go.

We are at the AKL and have had the bands for five days, personally I think they are brilliant. We have the tickets, DDP, room keys, ability to spend against our credit card and fast passes linked to ours and use the app to control them. They have worked very well and I think they really are the way forward. Haven't really had any issues, you also get room cards so don't need to use them, but as I said, they have been excellent.

We're here and have them

They're very comfortable and a great convenience for opening the door to the room
However they are not everywhere yet so you still have to carry your room key

They told us that three resorts were picked for the test - pop century, yacht club and jambo house of animal kingdom

The test is a bit of a bust so far
Check in was a nightmare and took much much much much much longer than usual
And there are long lines there at all hours
People are pretty upset and frustrated
The CM also didn't tell us to carry our KTTW just in case but I did anyway after reading it here on the board
The very first restaurant we ate in couldn't handle the bands so it was lucky we had our KTTW with us with our food credits on it !!!

I'm going to leave in less than a month and I would like to try the new system. I'll be in Jambo House (DVC). Has anyone heard of a test in September?

Updating from yesterday - the lines at pop were much better yesterday
Maybe they're getting more of a handle on it as they get deeper into the test and understand how to use it

One thing we've noticed is the addition of FP+ to some rides has made it worse for standby people so if you have the opportunity to use FP+ you should take it

The band is very comfortable and I sleep with it on

I love being able to leave the room and run to the food court with my mug and not have to remember my key - it's on my wrist

I'm going to leave in less than a month and I would like to try the new system. I'll be in Jambo House (DVC). Has anyone heard of a test in September?

There has only been one very small test for DVC so far.

Testing for September has yet to be announced or come to light. I think they are taking it one test at a time.

We are DVC and staying at BLT from the 2-7 of September and Jambo from the 8-17. MDE has just let me customise magic bands for the Jambo house stay. I hope the arrive in time! I have bought UK 14 day ultimate tickets direct from the disney uk website but have been unable to link them through MDE. I have also been unable to make any fastpass selections but it looks like it might le me later on.

So a bit confused about whether you get a magic band if not staying on site but buying a 14/21 day ultimate ticket. Will you still be able to fast passes in advance (I actually like current system). Just wondering generally how non Disney hotel guests will be effected in the parks.

So a bit confused about whether you get a magic band if not staying on site but buying a 14/21 day ultimate ticket. Will you still be able to fast passes in advance (I actually like current system). Just wondering generally how non Disney hotel guests will be effected in the parks.

From the disney blog:

"Hi, Todd. Guests staying at Walt Disney World Resort hotels, and Annual Passholders will receive a band, as well as those guests who purchase a photography package. Guests who stay at non-Disney hotels will receive a ticket with features of touch to enter the park, touch to redeem FastPass+ and touch to pay. These guests can participate in My Disney Experience and purchase a MagicBand if they wish."

So, looks like we get a ticket with a chip that lets people use the fastpass system, enter the park and pay for things via touching it to scanners. That is for all tickets off site guests can get I believe.

We are DVC and staying at BLT from the 2-7 of September and Jambo from the 8-17. MDE has just let me customise magic bands for the Jambo house stay. I hope the arrive in time! I have bought UK 14 day ultimate tickets direct from the disney uk website but have been unable to link them through MDE. I have also been unable to make any fastpass selections but it looks like it might le me later on.

I had ours shipped to our hotel
They were waiting for us when we checked in

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter