Will this work?

smashndash

Earning My Ears
I am planning two 2024 trips and want to confirm what I need to do will work.

We have contracts at two different resorts (BLT, BWV)

On trip 1, I need to book at 7 months and will need to book points in this order:
- Use all BWV 2024 points
- Borrow 12 BWV 2025 points
- Use all but 1 BLT 2024 points

Can I book that saving that last point from BLT?
I wasn’t sure if I could specify how many points to borrow from BWV in 2025 before using BLT 2024 points?

As FYI, I need to book trip 2 at 11 months and need that 1 point from BLT 2024 points.

In order to use both BWV and BLT points together for a trip, you must use all before they let you borrow from either.

So, it’s not going to let you leave 1 BLT point. Now, you can call MS and they may have a way around it.

One way to accomplish online is book what you can first with just BWV point contract chosen and borrow the 12…

Then go back in, modify, and choose both contracts. It will then be forced to use the borrowed points, all of BWV, and finish up with BLT

Another way is to bank the 1 BLT point before you book so it already been moved to the UY thst your second trip is happening.

Thank you, I was hoping booking at 7 months would allow me to borrow from one before using the other but I understand what you are saying.

The trips are in the same use year so banking isn’t an option.

The only way the modify would work is if I book a portion of the trip first using borrowed points from BWV and then modify to BLT but I would have to borrow more than needed since I’m only wanting to borrow 12. So not sure how I can go back in and use all but 1BLT point and reset the borrowed points to BWV to 12. Is that even possible?

Normally I would just purchase a onetime use point but you can only do that if you are booking 7 months out.

My situation is I will need 126 points and will have 125 available to book a trip in early December. My concern is if I wait to book the final day when I can borrow a point from BWV, I may have trouble booking at 7 months thus needing to hold back a point from BLT.

Any thoughts on how this might be done or anything I’m missing?

What I've done in the past is make a dummy reservation that borrows the exact right amount, then cancel that reservation. This 'pre-borrows' the points you need borrowed.

In your case, you'd find a reservation, or combo of reservations, that only uses your BWV points and requires you to borrow exactly 12 of them, then make that reservation(s). Then cancel it/them. This pre-borrows your 12 BWV 2025 points and when you book your BWV+BLT reservation they'll take priority over the BLT 2024 points.

To add to what was just posted, be sure if you do the borrow for a fake trip and cancel it is at least 31 days or more in advance.

This way, you avoid holding penalties.

Booking at 7 months doesn’t allow for how you can use the points, at least online. But, maybe a call to MS can help as they can do things we can’t and might be able to borrow the BWV and then leave the one BLt for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: ehh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter