Will This PTR Be A Jinx? A 2nd bday "do-over" trip. Dec '12 *Update 12/7*

Love love love the pictures! What a cutie! His eyes are gonna break some hearts!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Finally caught back up! Things are looking great - love the plans!

I made the kid's autograph books this year using 6x6 scrapbooks from hobby lobby! I LOVE how they turned out!

That being said, probably won't do it again as they cost me nearly $75 each after all was said and done... SHHH don't tell hubby :scared:

Carla, I don't know how I didn't know you had started this! I am here now!

I absolutely love the photo of Alex in his Dolphins jersey!!

Chele - aww it's ok :) glad you're here now and thanks!!! I already have our Christmas/his 2 year portraits booked and can't wait to do them!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

More updates/changes/pics of Alex will be posted tonight. Then I will talk about our day to day plans/goals. I have to announce the changes first though :) hopefully I won't regret them lol

More updates/changes/pics of Alex will be posted tonight. Then I will talk about our day to day plans/goals. I have to announce the changes first though :) hopefully I won't regret them lol

Will be patiently waiting

popcorn::

Ok so my pictures are on my other computer so I'll have to try and get those up tomorrow since I'm too lazy to switch computers and this one works better. :thumbsup2 But here's the latest development on our trip. DH and I talked about it today and we've decided it would be better to extend our trip time. As it stands now we get down there on the 15th and come home on the 20th.

Here's the schedule we had

December 15th - drive down to Orlando
December 16th - spend the day with my BFF and then Christmas party at 4pm
December 17th - MK
December 18th - EPCOT
December 19th - DHS
December 20th - go home

That means lots of late nights and early mornings back to back. That'd be major melt down inducing for a 2 year old we assume which would make for a nightmare for us. Soooo this is what we want to do now. December 15th - December 22nd. Yeah, that is close to Christmas but that's ok with us. It will be worth it to have a peaceful and laid back vacation.

So here's the quick itinerary for ya

December 15th - drive down
December 16th - Visit with my BFF and then Christmas party at 4pm
December 17th - MK
December 18th - probably drive down to Lake Placid to visit with my Grandparents
December 19th - EPCOT
December 20th - relax and check out the outlets
December 21st - DHS
December 22nd - drive home :(

So I think that seems much more relaxing and laid back and I'm not feeling as anxious about it. Granted that last night is $165 for the night but I'm not staying off site again. I don't know if that attributed to our horrid trip in February or not but I'm not going to find out. Yes, it's at the end of our trip but I'm going to be way too tired to switch hotels and uproot Alex from somewhere he's already used to just for one night. Especially when we need some good sleep to drive home the next day :)

So I was thinking of bringing our toaster with us so we can eat breakfast in the room each day and save money that way but I don't think those fridges have freezers I can keep waffles in. Any suggestions? Alex really likes a hot breakfast. I really want to go as cheap on food as we possibly can since we're not partaking in the free dining.

YAY for more days!!

I think adding extra days, so you can have some down time is great idea :thumbsup2

They microwaves in food court, if you want to bring stuff to heat up there

You could make him oatmeal or something at food court

YAY for more days!!

I think adding extra days, so you can have some down time is great idea :thumbsup2

They microwaves in food court, if you want to bring stuff to heat up there

You could make him oatmeal or something at food court

Thanks Kelly! Oh cool! Forgot about that. Not sure if he would eat Oatmeal. Will have to try that before we go down there. That and try yogurt again. I can get him a waffle at the food court I guess. That' can't be all that expensive but the oatmeal be good :) Thanks!! :thumbsup2

Chele - aww it's ok :) glad you're here now and thanks!!! I already have our Christmas/his 2 year portraits booked and can't wait to do them!

I can hardly wait to see the pictures. He is such a doll and his pictures always manage to make me smile when I need it the most.

Your schedule looks good and relaxed. That is how oour last trip was and it was great!

I can hardly wait to see the pictures. He is such a doll and his pictures always manage to make me smile when I need it the most.

Your schedule looks good and relaxed. That is how oour last trip was and it was great!

awww you're so sweet Chele. I'm glad that his pictures make your day. He is such a joy. I haven't been posting a ton on FB lately because I feel like I post his whole life on there and annoy everyone :rotfl: I'll get the new pictures up here tomorrow when I'm on my other computer where they are at. Some of them are SUPER cute. He's learned to say "cheese" and he gives the biggest ham smile when he says it. I just love it.

Thank you. Yeah relaxed is the way to do Disney when you know it won't be your last trip :thumbsup2 I'm really looking forward to it! I wasn't expecting to go back to WDW again this year let alone for another full week so I'm one lucky girl. I just hope this trip is way better than February was.

awww you're so sweet Chele. I'm glad that his pictures make your day. He is such a joy. I haven't been posting a ton on FB lately because I feel like I post his whole life on there and annoy everyone :rotfl: I'll get the new pictures up here tomorrow when I'm on my other computer where they are at. Some of them are SUPER cute. He's learned to say "cheese" and he gives the biggest ham smile when he says it. I just love it.

Thank you. Yeah relaxed is the way to do Disney when you know it won't be your last trip :thumbsup2 I'm really looking forward to it! I wasn't expecting to go back to WDW again this year let alone for another full week so I'm one lucky girl. I just hope this trip is way better than February was.

There is something wonderful about the innocent smile of a child that makes everything right in the world.

When we went in February I had full plans to commando through because we weren't there many days. Because Scotty's back was hurting we took it slow. I was so glad we did. He now has a new love for Disneyland that he even is visiting the Disneyland website.:goodvibes

I think the extra days sound perfect! It will be so nice to have a relaxed vacation, and I think you'll enjoy the other activities you scheduled. The Disney outlet is awesome, and definitely worth the trip!

Have you thought about bagels or english muffins for your DS? We usually do something like that for him, or just Kashi fruit bars and yogurt. Dh and I indulge in oh so healthy pop tarts! ;)

Yay for adding on to your trip! I agree with using the microwave. I have been trying to think of different things that you could make besides oatmeal and I am drawing a blank. I suppose you could always take muffins and warm them if you would like. Taking a toaster doesn't sound like a bad idea, but if you are like me you welcome the idea of not having to pack one more thing.

Carla, do they still sell "Toaster Scramblers"? Those might be an idea, or the microwave breakfast sandwiches?

That's great that you're able to add a couple of days! :thumbsup2 I love the 18month old pictures. What a precious little boy! I haven't gotten Jaydens pictures done since he was 9 months old. I'm a bad mommy! I've been lacking in the picture department for awhile, for both the kids. :( I really need to get on that.:rolleyes1

There is something wonderful about the innocent smile of a child that makes everything right in the world.

When we went in February I had full plans to commando through because we weren't there many days. Because Scotty's back was hurting we took it slow. I was so glad we did. He now has a new love for Disneyland that he even is visiting the Disneyland website.:goodvibes

I agree :)

Aww I'm glad y'all enjoyed your trip and Scotty is now looking at the Disney web site unprompted. :thumbsup2 I think I'd pass out if Chris told me he was planning a Disney trip on his own haha

I think the extra days sound perfect! It will be so nice to have a relaxed vacation, and I think you'll enjoy the other activities you scheduled. The Disney outlet is awesome, and definitely worth the trip!

Have you thought about bagels or english muffins for your DS? We usually do something like that for him, or just Kashi fruit bars and yogurt. Dh and I indulge in oh so healthy pop tarts! ;)

Thank you! Yeah we love the outlets. I can't wait to check them out again. I need to hit up the converse outlet again too.

That's a good idea. He hasn't had a bagel yet. I'll have to try that before the trip and see how he likes it. Thanks for the suggestions

Yay for adding on to your trip! I agree with using the microwave. I have been trying to think of different things that you could make besides oatmeal and I am drawing a blank. I suppose you could always take muffins and warm them if you would like. Taking a toaster doesn't sound like a bad idea, but if you are like me you welcome the idea of not having to pack one more thing.

Yeah packing another thing would kinda be a pain. Muffins are a really good idea though. I think he'd like that. There's a recipe on Pinterest for toddler muffins. I'll have to try that out and see if he likes it.

Carla, do they still sell "Toaster Scramblers"? Those might be an idea, or the microwave breakfast sandwiches?

I'm not sure. I'll have to look. Is that something you have to keep frozen?

That's great that you're able to add a couple of days! :thumbsup2 I love the 18month old pictures. What a precious little boy! I haven't gotten Jaydens pictures done since he was 9 months old. I'm a bad mommy! I've been lacking in the picture department for awhile, for both the kids. :( I really need to get on that.:rolleyes1

Thank you :) Aww Don't beat yourself up. It gets more hectic when you have more than one kid I'm sure. The only reason I have middle of the year pictures is because my Mom keeps insisting we get them done haha! I'm looking forward to next year when I can get away with just doing once a year pictures since he won't be growing as fast any more. :thumbsup2

Alrighty folks, here's some more pictures of Alex for your viewing pleasure

He was asleep on his cot but got up and moved to the floor next to his favorite stuffed doggie and fell back asleep haha
iPhonepicturesJuly2012081.jpg

Jake and The Neverland Pirates is his FAVORITE show of all times
iPhonepicturesJuly2012083.jpg

Who needs a cape when you have a blankey
iPhonepicturesJuly2012084.jpg

DH brought Alex up to visit me at work
iPhonepicturesJuly2012099.jpg

Mr. Bucket Head
iPhonepicturesJuly2012104.jpg

"cheese"
iPhonepicturesJuly2012110.jpg

Playing so nicely with his Alphabet Train toy
iPhonepicturesJuly2012114.jpg

"cheese"
iPhonepicturesJuly2012129.jpg

Rearranging furniture outside
iPhonepicturesJuly2012133.jpg

So on a trip related note I can't even begin to express how excited I am that the new Fantasyland area will be officially open while we are there. I plan to check it out more than once since we will be at MK twice while we're down there and take lots of pictures. I hope it lives up to the expectations.

As of today we are down to 4 months until our trip exactly!! :woohoo: So far and so close all at the same time. I've gotten Alex some Christmas gifts already. I don't plan on getting him a ton more so I'm almost done really. I just got a cute little fedora today in the mail from Amazon for our Christmas/2nd bday pictures for Alex. It's baby blue argile and will look super cute on him! I can't wait! Now I need to get him a matching outfit. And then I have to find something for DH and I to go with him LOL. Nothing like planning outfits around a hat! Sheesh

Aww...Great pictures.

Love the Blankey cape one :laughing:

Getting closer :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter