Will this method work to get extra discounts on Disney Gift Cards in a brick and mortar store

JohnDaleswife

Sharing the same birthday with Donald Duck!
This is all hypothetical so here goes.

If I were to were to find some discounted gift cards for Walgreens, CVS, or other drug stores, can I use them to purchase Disney Gift Cards, or Target Gift Cards in the actual stores?

I take lets say a $50 gift card, (one I bought at a discount somewhere, probably a physical one) and $20 in actual cash to Walgreens or CVS and I get two of our scripts filled that will cost $20 and throw in a $50 Disney Gift Card or even a $50 Target Gift Card into my order, will the transaction go smoothly? Will I be able to pay with the $20 in cash and the $50 drug store gift card?

There's a lot of discussion on this already in the gift card thread. Very few stores will allow you to purchase a third party gift card with their own gift card. Only Target is reliable. Sears and Toys R Us allow it, but with certain limits. Staples registers will allow it, but the employees are trained to decline. Some regional grocery stores might allow it. CVS and Walgreens will not.

Well shucks, I was hoping with the addition of the scripts in my purchase it might allow it. Ok, so Sears will allow it, so that means Kmart will too? What are the certain limits?

I tried unsuccessfully to buy Disney gift cards with a Sears gift card at both Sears and K-Mart. At K-Mart there wasn't even an option to swipe my gift cards as payment. I handed the gift cards to the cashier who informed me that this wasn't an option. A supervisor was called over and confirmed. Next stop was Sears where the cashier wouldn't even ring up the Disney gift cards when she saw I wanted to pay with Sears gift cards. She said the register would allow the transaction but the store policy wouldn't. The store manager was called over and confirmed the policy. We stepped away from the register and called the customer service phone number. While we were on hold with customer service, we could hear the store manager being paged for a phone call. We were told that technically they allow it, but they would back up the store manager's decision not to allow it.This is in the Portland, OR area. We had $300 in Sears gift cards purchased at Office Depot at a 20% discount that we'd hoped to convert to Disney gift cards. Fortunately, we had a plan B for the gift cards. There's no way I would have purchased them in the first place without a backup plan.

i've do it at Kmart all the time. I always have a family member who gives Kmart gift cards for holidays so I just go in and buy usually amazon gift cards. I've never had anyone give me a hard time with it/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter