• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will they keep stuff cold while I go to the parks?

druzicka

Earning My Ears
We are moving into BWV mid trip and we will have some perishable food already. We want to go to the park on moving day and leave our luggage with the hotel. Do they have a way to keep our food cold? Or should we just buy one of those cheap styrofoam ice chests? Thanks bunches!
Druz:)

The check-in areas ( where luggage is kept) do have cold storage area where perishable items can be kept. Just advise the bell captain when you check-in. You did not mention if you were moving from another Disney hotel. If so, the Disney bell captain can make arrangements for you for transport all your luggage. Disney is very accomdating. Enjoy!

Went to VWL last December. At check in we notified bell services of our perishables. Our room wasn't ready for about 6 hours and when we got out stuff everything was warm. The only really truly *perishable* thing we had was milk and after a quick call to the front desk they told us to come down to the mercantile and they'd replace it. Luckily we have already given up cooking in our room, so we didn't have a bunch of groceries. :)

As long as you notify the bellhop they should do it....if not, they should replace it.

Hope this helps,

They didn't keep ours cold! We got there at 8 am. Luckily our room was ready early and we had our groceries delivered about 1 p.m. But none of our refrigerated items had been kept cold, and we had milk, yogurt, meat, beer! I would think it would be pretty obvious that this stuff needed to be kept in cold storage, wouldn't you?

Next time I will stress that my groceries need to be kept cold and make sure they understand!! :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter