• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will they bring you two dinners?

crzy4dsny

Yes, I'm Grumpy
I have been on 2 non-Disney cruises. I don't think I ever asked for seconds at dinner. Will they bring you seconds if you ask? Or can you eat two different main courses. I was looking at some menu's on-line and there were a lot of things that looked real good.

How about dessert?

They sure will! They will even do this for you at Palos.
My husband had a hard time choosing between two different entrees and three desserts. He sampled them all!

LisaCA

They will bring you multiple meals, but I doubt seconds.

Hi crzy4dsny,

You can order whatever you want really.

My husband has a decent appetite as did one of his table mates on the last cruise and they used to order an item each and another to share during all the courses. By the second day the server would encourage and recommend what he thought they would enjoy for their shared meal :)

The server also knew I was vegetarian so he would point out the dishes that were suitable for me. One evening I didn't like what I ordered so hardly ate any of it, he insisted that I order something else.

You can also usually ask for something that isn't on the menu, like a green salad or pasta etc.

We certainly had no complaints at all :teeth:

Alba

DH and I have been looking at the menus a lot recently, and we already know what item we're going to order as seconds (or two main entrees.)

I already plan on two desserts most nights. (I bring two sizes of dresses each cruise. The larger size I start fitting into midcruise!):tongue:

On my last two Disney cruises, our servers did bring out seconds. I really liked the fish selections so she would bring out just more fish for me as I finished my first plate. She made sure she left all the extra stuff behind.

For deserts, We just one of everything we thought we'd like, the table was full of dessert dishes.

At the end of the cruise we really tipped our servers well. They did an absolute splended job and really made the cruise for us.

kennyk

The first night of our first cruise, my husband couldn't decided on what he wanted so our waiter asked what he was trying to choose between. Hubby said: Hmm the tenderloin, the lamb or the duck, not sure yet. The waiter brought him ALL THREE!!

Every night thereafter, he had two entrees!

Magicrob3entrees.gif

Timon That is a GREAT PICTURE!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!
We are haveing very bad storms here in Tennessee and you just made my kids night! LOL!!!!!:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Originally posted by DisneyBill
They will bring you multiple meals, but I doubt seconds.

Why do you doubt seconds? They seemed like they would bend over backwards to bring us whatever we wanted. Personally I can't imagine eating more than one meal. With the bread, appetizers and soup/salad I couldn't even get through one meal!

Absolutely, they will bring you seconds....special orders....almost anything you can think of.

Can you order something from the menu of a restaurant other than the one you're dining in that night? I would have a hard time deciding what to order from some of the menus and yet others don't look too appealing. I can't even imagine ordering more than one entre per night though, sounds like major buttoning trouble!

I think DisneyBill is doing a play on words "seconds" as in previously consumed food, not as in seconds (as in the number of) meals...

:p

Wow, I've been losing weight but I'm going to have to lose more so I can enjoy all of this food

Our server several times brought to the table things we hadn't ordered but which he thought we might like, based on either our discussion with him that evening or our preferences on previous evenings. This was certainly true for dessert, and for a couple of main courses as well.

How about dessert?
Sure they'll bring you all you could possibly want if you ask, and with many of the wait staff all you have to do is ask once and never ask again and you will end up with multiple desserts every night:tongue:

I think this si a Rae story. Her mom mentioned that she loved cream brulee and every night the waiter brought her multiple cream brulee's!!

I and DS love the white chocolate covered domes. We had many, many, many of them and on the next cruise our goal is to have them at least two different nights!!

yes, i have had two when it was lobster. I skipped all the side dishes so i could make room for more lobster.

The first time that we cruised with Disney we were lucky to have my SIL there. She had been on a previous cruise and let us in on the dinning tricks. Order whatever you want and as much as you can eat. I would never suggest that anyone over order and waste food, but hey enjoy yourself! By the way my dinning tip is to start atkins a month before the cruise. That way you can eat without guilt and everything seems to taste even better!!!;)
PS give up the atkins onboard!:teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter