Will there ever be a day when there is no rush to ride Soarin & Toy Story Mania?

We went to WDW from Nov 14-20 and there were no lines for Soarin or TSM. We walked on and rode them several times in a row. It was not at rope drop either.

We went to WDW from Nov 14-20 and there were no lines for Soarin or TSM. We walked on and rode them several times in a row. It was not at rope drop either.

Yep I was there that week as well, and I waited maybe 5 minutes to ride Soarin, and it wasn't that early in the morning either. Can't speak for TSM though, I still haven't tried it! :lmao:

When we were there in September, we walked on Soarin once and several others times w/ waits posted of 20 minutes but waited 10-15, so I think it already has slacked off. I was a little bummed b/c I wanted to do the games everyone talks about and we had to try again for a line to form so we could do them. Everyday Test Track was a significantly longer wait that Soarin per the times boards. On past trips (Septmber 07 & 08 and early December 07) we had never seen it lower than 40 minutes.

TSM on the other hand won't slack off for a long time, its DHS only full on family attraction for all ages and Toy Story 3 comes out next summer/fall which will only make it more familiar and popular w/ younger visitors. I would say it will be a long time before TSM slows down.

Can someone fill me in on strategy? I've been out of the loop!

So before, we would high tail it straight to TOT ride it grab a fast pass, then straight over to RNR.

What do we do now?

Straight to TSM grab a FP then over to TOT and then RNR?

Where is TSM located?

I hope to not have a 40 minute wait by the time we make it over to TOT.

Help! Going in February for 10 days right after President's Day Weekend.

Can someone fill me in on strategy? I've been out of the loop!

So before, we would high tail it straight to TOT ride it grab a fast pass, then straight over to RNR.

What do we do now?

Straight to TSM grab a FP then over to TOT and then RNR?

Where is TSM located?

I hope to not have a 40 minute wait by the time we make it over to TOT.

Help! Going in February for 10 days right after President's Day Weekend.

TSM strategy varies but most will go straight to TSM at RD, get a FP or ride and then come back for FP time for another ride. Or you can ride first then get FP but the return time may be hours later. During busy times FP for TSM has been reported to be gone by 11am-noon, so if you want to ride it you will need to be there early. Standby lines are usually around 90 minutes or more all day long. If you arrive at RD you will know exactly where TSM is, that is where everyone will be heading (led by CM's), got the hat, turn right, head into the animation courtyard area and take a left, it is located down past VOTLM attraction in Pixar Place (used to be Mickey Avenue I think, near where Who Want's to Be a Millionaire was located).

ETA: if you ride TSM first you will probably have a wait by the time you get to TOT, if this is a priority, get the FP for TSM and then head to Tot.

The appeal of these rides will die down as Disney builds new things with better technology and the rides get a bit ragged. I can't see either of these having the staying power of the classics.

I don't think Soarin or TSM have limited shelf life. I would argue the opposite, that they are ushering in new technologies that will seem to age the old technology of animotronic figures. When someone tells me how "simple" TSM technology is that gets me excited ... what else could they do with it? Perhaps you could design a similar TSM-ride at AK and you would interact with the animals.

Disney rides have either been thrill, passive immersive or intaractive (recently). Very few rides had more than one attribute. With Little Mermaid, Disney is now adding thrill to a popular Disney story. I can't wait. But imagine the FUN if all the qualities; thrill, interactive and immersive were combined? Riding a roller coaster thru the Hundred Acre woods fighting Heffalumps and feeding honey to Pooh Possibly Soarin over old England and flying alongside of Mary Poppins, "feeding the birds" as well as shooting air under her umbrella to keep her aloft (why isn't there any Mary Poppins ride anyway?)

Yep I was there that week as well, and I waited maybe 5 minutes to ride Soarin, and it wasn't that early in the morning either. Can't speak for TSM though, I still haven't tried it! :lmao:

I was there 11/14-11/20 also -- was that not the BEST week to be in Disney EVER??? Got in the TSMM standby line at 11:30am on that Monday -- posted wait 10 minutes. Timed it at 12 min.

Takehome -- if you want to wait in NO lines for ANYTHING, go to Disney the week before Thanksgiving! Well, I'm sure it's not quite like that every year, but man, was it good!! Already got a new ticker for the same week next year! :woohoo:

TSM always had a wait of over 30 minutes this past week while Soarin' did have smaller lines and FastPasses even late in the day a few times.

Good Luck.

If it's any help...Soarin over California has leveled out. It is still popular but nothing like it is at WDW. The problem with wishing that the crowds would slim out is the danger of it going the same way as Imagination, Horizons, World of Motion, 20K and many more.

There are a lot of people that still haven't seen Soarin yet and many more that make it a must do every trip. I cannot tell you how many people have told me that Soarin was there absolute favorite attraction. With that type of loyal following, it should be around for quite a while to come.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter