Will there be VMK after Sept 30 ?????

Belle1997

I married a beast and found my prince
We are getting closer to that what will happen after Sept 30th deadline. All coupons expire after September 30th. I sure hope it does not end. Even with all the frustration it can cause. I know we are making special trips to Disney we normally would not make to get the quest stuff. And my husband know I Heart to shop and spend the rest of the time looking for things to buy in the shops. So incase any one of importance reads these boards ( the ones who decide if VMK should stay past September 30th) I though I would start a post to encourage them to keep it open. Also If they did close it who would get all my rooms and furniture not to mention my the hundreds of thousands of credits. Enquiring minds want to know

Do you know what this reminds me of when we hit the millenium and wondering if the computers would run when it struck 2000. We will not know maybe until October 1st if there will be VMK.

I was wondering this myself. Althought most of the original Series 1 & 2 cards and buy in park cards expire at the end of September 2006 the newer Series 2 cards don't expire till Septermber 2007. At least my 50th Quest cards say 2007. I assume that the Thrillseekers and Stitch cards don't expire till 2007.

Thrill Seekers say 2007 as well. I'm sure VMK will be around for a long time. Disney knows it's a good advertisment and is making them money :)

Tomorrowland quest was supposed to expire a few months ago. As of three weeks ago, VMK Central at Walt Disney World was still accepting it. My guess is that the "expiration" is some usual "tag for quality" or some such thing and probably does not have any deeper meaning. Those with cards that expire in September, may want to go ahead and enter them however, just in case the code itself expires. Remember some of those credit codes that stopped working?

I think the cards are "expire or until quantities run out" which is why we aren't seeing Haunted Mansion or Pirates any longer or the Gold Doors. It may be that as September nears, they will come up with an entire new set of cards (e.g., Series #3) to replace the common quests (Adventureland, Fantasyland, Frontierland) as well as some more "specials" like Thrill-Seeker, new Pirates, etc.

So far, from what I have been reading, VMK has been somewhat of a success story. The verdict for the success of an online game usually takes a couple of years so it may be safe to assume that VMK will continue at least through the rest of the Happiest Celebration.

That dont mean vmk closes its just the quest they still have to release new stuff that they said they would

Well, VMK hasn't been around for a long time, and they get like 3000 gamers a day.

i highly doubt we need to worry about vmk closing. i'm sure that the september deadlin just applies to codes. and i just looked at bothe sets of cards and they all say sept 30 2006 even series 2. and these cards are as of april 2. so on sept 30 they most likely will be putting out new codes and deleting the ones out now.

I by no means think it will be around forever in the current format but don't think it is going away just yet. Kep in mind it is esentially part of a big marketing campaign and most of them end eventually. But by the same token so are most of the Nascar race teams and races. Simply Ad campaigns(sorry was just looking at the dis cup nascar thread) Anyway as long as it is deamed a success it will likely continue in some form and then there is always the option in the future to spin it off into a slightly different format. That might involve something most of us might not like such as a fee or who knows. Just don't get worried expiration dates mean little in the bigger picture (unless it is milk, then pay attention to that date)

Adventuredaz said:
(unless it is milk, then pay attention to that date)

Thanks...note to self "Remember to pick up Milk on the way home" :drinking:

pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate:

VMk cant close it wont if it does i would sell my computer only thing i do on it is play vmk now a days

Thanks for all your responses. It is good to know some coupons and cards have the expiration date as 2007. Would I pay for VMK yes if they become more player friendly. Would I pay if Hula was in charge. Yes I would because I think she is very Disney oriented, fair and extremely nice :) I do not think Hula gets enough credit for all the work she does and how fair she is to all the players.

So here it seeing you all in 2007. :thumbsup2

Goodness, Belle! Don't give this girl a heart attack!!! :scared1:

I don't know what I'd do without VMK, honestly! I've made some truly wonderful friends. I'd be truly heartbroken to never "see" them again...

Coasterguy said:
I was wondering this myself. Althought most of the original Series 1 & 2 cards and buy in park cards expire at the end of September 2006 the newer Series 2 cards don't expire till Septermber 2007. At least my 50th Quest cards say 2007. I assume that the Thrillseekers and Stitch cards don't expire till 2007.

Oh good! I just looked at my Seekers quest cards and they do say 2007! Woot!

Coasterguy said:

the Stitch cards expire 9-30-2006 :(

I do not think VMK is going anywhere unless legal issues of safety and such shut it down.

I personally hope it stays around for a good long time!

Riddle me this...

Why does the HSM quest end 30 September 2006? Only a four-month release seems rather silly to me! It also means that I cannot get this, at all. I won't be going down there until early December.

Why would they do this?

Adventuredaz said:
Simply Ad campaigns(sorry was just looking at the dis cup nascar thread) Anyway as long as it is deamed a success it will likely continue in some form and then there is always the option in the future to spin it off into a slightly different format.

Wait. What? :confused3
There is a NASCAR thread on Dis Boards. No one (Decoy) told me.
Got to go check it out. :car:

I actually wondered the same thing this morning. I thought, ' What if VMK closed? Or if it was gone? What else would I do? It's my hobby and I do it all day. ' After saying this to myself im like, ' No! VMK will never close with me around! It's my hobby and i'm sticking to it!' But no - if VMK closed half of my life is missing o_O.....although I could try painting :). :artist:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter