Will there be any Fall deals released for Disneyland?

Dizneegal72

Earning My Ears
We usually go to Florida. But this year I want to surprise my mom with a trip to Disneyland as she hasn't been since 2006. She had a stroke in 2007 and thinks she will never be able to go back to her Happy Place. Well, she can, she will just be doing things differently. I plan to surprise her and take her for her birthday the first week of October. I've been watching for deals. Will there be any for Fall? I'm getting impatient , but need to get as good a deal as possible. TIA

Unfortunately, deals don't happen at Disneyland the way they do at Disney World. There are occasionally some discounted rooms or such, but no free dining, and (generally) the room discounts aren't anything extraordinary (usually in the 15% range). DL is experiencing their highest attendances ever, even years after opening Cars Land and the revamped DCA, so they don't have a lot of reason to offer massive discounts.

If money is an issue (you mentioned getting a good deal), have you considered staying offsite? Across from the pedestrian entrance (which is *closer* to the main gates than Disneyland Hotel!), there are many motels that are 1/2 to 1/3 the cost of staying on-site. Frequently, WDW vets assume you "need" to stay on-site at DLR like most people do at WDW, but that's just not true.... DLR is built in the middle of a city, so there's only the 3 on-site hotels, and many (many!) hotels in the neighboring area.

We usually go to Florida. But this year I want to surprise my mom with a trip to Disneyland as she hasn't been since 2006. She had a stroke in 2007 and thinks she will never be able to go back to her Happy Place. Well, she can, she will just be doing things differently. I plan to surprise her and take her for her birthday the first week of October. I've been watching for deals. Will there be any for Fall? I'm getting impatient , but need to get as good a deal as possible. TIA
Your best bet would be a non-Disney hotel. They always have the best rates. The 3 Disney hotels are not "resorts" like at WDW. Many of the so-called "off-site" hotels are quite nice. If you rent a car, look for a hotel with free parking. You'd have to pay $17/day to park at DL. Disney charges the same for parking at their hotels as well. I'm a Disney travel agent, and have no problem recommending Good Neighbor hotels to my clients.

We've travelled early October the last 2 years and there haven't been any Disney hotel discounts. I remember last year there were discounts up until mid September. I am currently looking out for Orbitz discounts, at the moment they are only good until Sept 30th so no use to me, but I did get 15% off when staying last year.

The first of October can be real busy, due to Gay Days(10-2/10-4), the CHOC walk (10-11) and Columbus Day 10-12.
If you're looking for a GREAT rate at one of Disney's Hotels, would you consider having at least one of your days Sept 18th?
Dapper Days Fall event is on Friday Sept 18th.
http://dapperday.com/fall-2015-disneyland-ca
Nightly rates for the GCH is $249, DLH is $209 and PPH is $199

Geemo

In terms of the Fall discounts, if there are any, they probably won't be announced until closer to the end of the summer. DLR does not release/announce discounts as far in advance as WDW (which just announced Free Dining for the Fall). As others have said, discounts at the DLR hotels are very different from WDW. They usually only do a room discount and it's not for all days (there are usually blackouts - weekends - and the discounts are not as deep). October is a very popular month in general (due to HalloweenTime) and with the added excitement of the 60th anniversary this year, it's hard to say if they'll need to entice guests to visit with room discounts.

Geemo has a good recommendation to look into Dapper Days event in the fall. Otherwise, as others have said, an off-site hotel/motel is probably your best bet for less expensive accommodations.

As long as you don't book a rate that requires pre-payment in full you can always apply any promotions that come out later. The trend has been to stop offering discounts. In recent years the on site hotels stopped offering a senior discount and now they've stopped offering a AAA discount. Their So Cal resident offer ended a full 2 weeks earlier this year than last year. As PP's have said, they don't need to offer discounts much of the time to fill their hotels.

We will be visiting Disneyland for the first time in the end of October and I was wondering what a "good" deal would be for room only discounts? Right now I am looking into booking offsite but I do have a Disney Visa card and have read that Disney sometimes releases room only discounts at the end of summer for fall dates. What would be a GREAT rate at each of the 3 Disney hotels with my Disney Visa or room only discount? Having never visited Disneyland I have nothing to go off of and if the rates will be too high even with discounts I don't want to get my hopes up!

I don't think there will be any great rates this year, to be honest. There may be some discounts -- the ones that cover certain time frames in October, November and the first half of December, which would be released in September -- but I don't expect them to be that good. Since this year is so focused on the 60th anniversary and people going to the parks to see all that it entails, Disney doesn't need to offer great discounts.

A Disney Visa might get you a 15% or 20% discount on the rooms during the week, and probably a lesser discount (if any) on a weekend date, but only during specific weeks, covering very specific time frames. I remember a discount that came out last year, I think, and after I figured out all the dates that it did not include, I realized that it only covered about 7-10 days! :lmao:

A great rate -- which probably won't happen -- would be the PPH at $200 per night or less, or the GCH with any price tag under $350 per night. The Disneyland Hotel at $250 or $275 per night would probably be pretty decent. They're all expensive hotels, unfortunately -- even with discounts. The discounts used to be so much better in the good ol' days!

I merged together 3 threads about possible Fall hotel rates. Some of the previous replies in the thread may be helpful.

I've always had an annual pass for just WDW but this year we upgraded to the Premier Passports because we have a couple of trips planned to DL. Just wondering if anyone has any info on if/when an annual pass resort/hotel discount will be released for DL for this fall?

The WDW resort annual pass resort discount is already out.

Thanks in advance!!!

I've always had an annual pass for just WDW but this year we upgraded to the Premier Passports because we have a couple of trips planned to DL. Just wondering if anyone has any info on if/when an annual pass resort/hotel discount will be released for DL for this fall?

The WDW resort annual pass resort discount is already out.

Thanks in advance!!!

We have a thread about Fall discounts, so I merged your question into that thread. You might find some of the previous responses helpful. There may or may not be an AP Fall discount, but if there isn't one there could be a general Fall discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter