• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will there be a Black Friday deal on iPhones?

**eeyore**

Mouseketeer
I'm pretty sure I've decided to get an iPhone. I would be adding a new line through AT&T in addition to purchasing the phone. Before I make the purchase/commitment, with it being so close to Thanksgiving I thought I should first see if I could save any money by waiting until Black Friday. I know some of the cell phone companies have offered deals in the past, but I didn't know if the iPhone was one of them.

Thanks!

In the past, Apple has never offered a temporary price reduction on the iPhone, but they sometimes have a bonus, like a GC with purchase.

Typically, Apple is one of those companies who "price-fixes" everything they sell -- at best, the retail store may offer some sort of bonus item (like a Bluetooth headset, or something).

Since you are adding a new line, you should get a discounted phone through AT&T.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Could someone tell me more about getting a discounted phone when adding a line? The woman at the AT&T store indicated that I couls choose from the "old" 3G style for $99.99 or the new 4G style for $199.99 or $299.99 (based on memory size).

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Could someone tell me more about getting a discounted phone when adding a line? The woman at the AT&T store indicated that I couls choose from the "old" 3G style for $99.99 or the new 4G style for $199.99 or $299.99 (based on memory size).

That's the discount. The undiscounted price is significantly higher.

Whatever you do, go with the 4G!! not the old 3G. $199 is the price with a two-year contract. I find I use my iphone more for the apps than storage so I have plenty of space left on my 8G iphone which already holds alot of photos, video and music.

You may also want to look at the 3gs. There are minimal changes between the 3gs and the iphone4. i went from a 3g to a 4 and the changes were significant but i had a friend who went from a 3gs to a 4 and she felt like the wasted her money. the main difference was the design of the phone itself for her.

Also, i belive the 8gig phone is a 3gs. i have a 32gig iphone 4 and have used about 20gig of the memory. i have a LOT of music. i also have a lot of apps but they only take up 3gig.
Lara

I know I am an oddball but I do NOT like my Iphone!!! and wouldn't buy another one. You can do a lot with it but you mostly use it for a phone and there are so many steps to go through just to dial a number. If I forget to lock it I am calling people on my favorite lists and not meaning to.

The texting program I am not happy with, I have missed texts-important texts for work. If you are busy and get 2 texts from the same person you see the last one and if you didn't know there was one before it you don't see that one. Can't add a signature in text either, not that I have found and according to what I have read you can't.

My daughter has one as well and loves it....but I hate it!!!! but that is just my opinion everyone has one.

I know I am an oddball but I do NOT like my Iphone!!! and wouldn't buy another one. You can do a lot with it but you mostly use it for a phone and there are so many steps to go through just to dial a number. If I forget to lock it I am calling people on my favorite lists and not meaning to.

The texting program I am not happy with, I have missed texts-important texts for work. If you are busy and get 2 texts from the same person you see the last one and if you didn't know there was one before it you don't see that one. Can't add a signature in text either, not that I have found and according to what I have read you can't.

My daughter has one as well and loves it....but I hate it!!!! but that is just my opinion everyone has one.

Funny you say that because I got my Mom into smartphones recently and got her the mytouch slide...Shes so annoyed how long it takes her to start a call. When you go to the contact in Android it has other options like email, message, facebook the person etc. Her old phone was just hitting like J to call a number.

I personally think since the phone can do so much more then a regular phone its worth the slightly added hassle. But then again I am super quick most the time and I know of the Friends widget so it takes me no time at all. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter